Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

[Knowroaming.com] Free international Whatsapp (including Whatsapp Call)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 8th, 2019 9:09 am
Nov 25, 2017
912 posts
705 upvotes
Anyone have any vouchers they are not using. Its ridiculous you have to put in $25. I just want a small amount for emergency calls.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2009
4776 posts
5069 upvotes
East GTA
cool canuck wrote: I've switched over to Keepgo and am happy with it. I'm only using it for Canadian whatsapp purposes but it is a global sim that is supposed to work worldwide. I'm using about 200mb a month with no hiccups. $49US for the sim plus 1GB of data, so a bit steep to start. 3GB Refill is only $85US ($110 CAD) so i'll be at looking at $9/month at that point. For US travel i use knowroaming.
Thanks or sharing, did you buy their sim from their website or somewhere in Canada?
NO SOUP FOR YOU!

+1337
Aug 27, 2009
668 posts
562 upvotes
Toronto
redkulat wrote: Thanks or sharing, did you buy their sim from their website or somewhere in Canada?
I bought from their website as i had a referral code to save 15%. Billed in USD and I got it in like 3 business days.

If you travel then it's nice that you can have one sim that will automatically work worldwide with no changing sims or settings. I found a favourable Engadget review from 2012 when it was called "iphonetrip", so this company has been around for a while: https://www.engadget.com/2012/09/18/iph ... martphone/
Sep 30, 2015
449 posts
156 upvotes
York, ON
When I switch over to KR, what happens to my Rogers sim account, i.e. would I still be paying the $10 /day fee for roam like home feature?
Sep 30, 2015
449 posts
156 upvotes
York, ON
krist8 wrote: When I switch over to KR, what happens to my Rogers sim account, i.e. would I still be paying the $10 /day fee for roam like home feature?
Chatted with support yesterday, confirmed the my Rogers sim will be dormant, if I switch to KR sticker, so no roam like home charges.
Aug 27, 2009
668 posts
562 upvotes
Toronto
I used their service recently and got burned. Loading is a minimum $25 but i just needed a one week $12 for 1 Gig data package. After that 1GB was used up their default rate is like $0.20/meg. So the $12 went almost a week and then the remaining $13 was burned through in a matter of minutes. That despite they tout their $7.99 per day global unlimited data package, which is not applied to your account automatically. Instead they gouge you worse than rogers/bell.
Sep 30, 2015
449 posts
156 upvotes
York, ON
cool canuck wrote: I used their service recently and got burned. Loading is a minimum $25 but i just needed a one week $12 for 1 Gig data package. After that 1GB was used up their default rate is like $0.20/meg. So the $12 went almost a week and then the remaining $13 was burned through in a matter of minutes. That despite they tout their $7.99 per day global unlimited data package, which is not applied to your account automatically. Instead they gouge you worse than rogers/bell.
I do not understand what your problem is. If you did not buy the $7.99 /day/unlimited package and apply it, then you are using pay as you go. Are you expecting KR to cap pay as you go for $7.99 a day unlimited?
Oct 1, 2013
288 posts
64 upvotes
EDMONTON
Anyone knows if knowroaming's background data problem still as bad as it was? I remember I topped up $25 USD last year. As I traveled and arrived a different country I would turned on the phone to switch to a different KR Profile, it took $1.xx off just for that. The credits were depleting for no meaningful use. I gave up topping it up as I continued my journey. Cheaper and more reliable to pick up a local sim card.

It's been a year since and I still have about 75 cents remains in the credit. Not sure if I can still use the sim if I top it up? Does anyone know?
Removed by the RFD Moderation Team
Sep 30, 2015
449 posts
156 upvotes
York, ON
Just bought a sim sticker for my wife. Use code TRIP70 to get 50% discount. But mailing charge is $8US.
Sep 30, 2015
449 posts
156 upvotes
York, ON
just noticed that I have not been charged for using whatsapp. Check Whatsapp website, and it says free whatsapp for people who deposited money in account. So is the policy changed? Anyone noticed the same?
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2017
1784 posts
774 upvotes
policy has changed.
25.00 usd gets you 30 days unlimited whatsapp. talk,text,photo,video,emoji. after 30 days whatsapp will take usage rate out of your airtime balance until you top up another 25.00 usd again which will then give you another 30 days unlimited.
krist8 wrote: just noticed that I have not been charged for using whatsapp. Check Whatsapp website, and it says free whatsapp for people who deposited money in account. So is the policy changed? Anyone noticed the same?
are we there yet?
Deal Addict
Dec 31, 2013
2991 posts
2815 upvotes
+1000000 upvotes
fox29 wrote: Avoid knowroaming! You'll end up losing all your $ and data ASAP due to 'phantom data' usage aka data in the background that you cannot control. KR refuses to fix. Waste of time and $. FYI I am an advanced user and could not control the data leakage via many methods...
Thanks for the info and this thread saved me Big time from buying a KR global SIM and then realizing the minimum top up is $25USD. Would've been pissed! Such shady marketing, not to inform perspective clients of these hidden policies or rules... Will stick with Roam Mobility, given that it works well in the US.
Always buy now & think later, or else you'll regret your decision forever.
The first rule of RFD is to not talk about RFD or call customer service to ask about price errors.
The second rule of RFD is to not forget about the first rule.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)