Expired Hot Deals

[Knowroaming.com] Free international Whatsapp (including Whatsapp Call)

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 20th, 2018 12:54 pm
Deal Fanatic
Sep 14, 2006
7094 posts
315 upvotes
IEpicDestroyer wrote:
Jan 7th, 2018 1:36 am
Wait all I have to do is buy the SIM, pop it into my phone, turn on data and I can use WhatsApp for free? Is it possible to "accidentally" use data? Can I still use the SIM when I'm not roaming in a different country?
U pop in sim, download their profile, enable roaming and you’re good to go.

Data will be used at times because of leakage which I expected anyways because there’s always something in the background using data. Because you’re using knowroaming, you can’t rack up data charges more than the balance you have so you’re safe in the sense that you can’t use what you don’t have.

WhatsApp will work without any balance.
TEAM CANADA!!!!!!!!!!!
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2013
2157 posts
483 upvotes
Scarborough
Alright boys and girls I'm bumping this thread because I'm pretty sure I got this push notification resolved. Ive been messing around with some apps and so far this has worked for me. Mind you its got one downside to it but I will explain it down below.

I will submit picrures. Using Android phone, app is called "Autostart and Stay!". The downside is that when you set it to persist mode the WhatsApp keeps popping up while your browsing other things on your phone.

I guess if you're roaming in another country and aren't using data it wouldnt matter if it keeps popping up because you'll be using WhatsApp only anyways. Hope this helps as its helped me!!

Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2009
4295 posts
1281 upvotes
Any discount codes?
Tried those posted 2 weeks ago and the no longer work
Thanks

EDIT
Ok code BARRY18 will get you 50% off
Nov 19, 2017
188 posts
82 upvotes
Vancouver
As far as I know, there are currently three kinds of KnowRoaming discount coupons. You have to decide which one to apply based on availability and your purchase basket. In order to fully take advantage, it's better to buy one SIM sticker/card at a time. Please also note that they offer free $10 credit when you purchase a SIM sticker. (ALL in USD)

1. 50% discount + $5 credit
There is one person who provides this code. Basically he is a brand promoter and somehow gets this privileged code from the company. His code only works for a limited time. BARCHO954 in the summary page expired on Dec 31, 2017, and he got another one BARRY18 in mid January and it expires on February 28.

2. 50% discount only
This code doesn't offer $5 credit - only 50% discount when you purchase SIM cards and/or stickers. Currently, old codes such as SAVE10, SAVE25, SAVE50, SAVE60, ROAM12, ROAM60, ROAM90, etc are all expired.

3. 30% discount + $5 credit
No expiry date. This code is generated by current customer and widely available.

Note: The referral program is not currently offered in South Africa. Referral discounts can only be applied to KnowRoaming Global SIM Sticker and Global SIM Card purchases.
Last edited by slpless on Jan 18th, 2018 8:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
1. Fido $15 3GB plan + KnowRoaming SIM sticker + free Sudo = $15/month
2. KnowRoaming SIM card & free world-wide WhatsApp + free Fongo = $0/month
3. Internet: Can-com 20Mbps/1.5Mbps = $35/month
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2005
2068 posts
482 upvotes
Surrey
Do I need credit to use WhatsApp? I bought the SIM card
So basically download app register the SIM card and update app setting along with data roaming on?
Is this the correct procedure?
How you verify the WhatsApp when they text or call? Do knowroaming give you number to call?

Thanks
Nov 19, 2017
188 posts
82 upvotes
Vancouver
paaji wrote:
Jan 18th, 2018 9:43 pm
Do I need credit to use WhatsApp? I bought the SIM card
So basically download app register the SIM card and update app setting along with data roaming on?
Is this the correct procedure?
How you verify the WhatsApp when they text or call? Do knowroaming give you number to call?

Thanks
No, you don't need credit.
Yes, that's the right procedure.
Yes, you will get a USA number. You can use it to verify WhatsApp.

The answers are based on my experience a few days ago.
Nov 19, 2017
188 posts
82 upvotes
Vancouver
Please note that the $5 Facebook / $5 Twitter Share Credits has been discontinued since November 2017. Below is an official reply from KnowRoaming.

"The $5 Facebook / $5 Twitter Share Credits has been Discontinued since November 2017.
We hope to have more promotions like this in the near future.
Should you have further questions or inquiries, please don't hesitate to get in contact with us."
1. Fido $15 3GB plan + KnowRoaming SIM sticker + free Sudo = $15/month
2. KnowRoaming SIM card & free world-wide WhatsApp + free Fongo = $0/month
3. Internet: Can-com 20Mbps/1.5Mbps = $35/month
Mar 8, 2006
458 posts
92 upvotes
Has anyone tried their Europe Data package below for 5GB 14 days $54 USD? I know WA is free to use even with $0 credit, but I must need internet data access (no need phone or SMS). I will be going to 3 countries (Italy, France and Portugal) in 12 days. $54 USD seems not bad and more convenient compared to the cheapest option to buy separate local SIM cards which requires a visit to their stores and sometimes need to waste 30-60 minutes each.

https://www.knowroaming.com/order/data- ... kages.html
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
1239 posts
270 upvotes
Anybody noticed the 50% discount, the shipping rate is like $6!!
1x$36 Zoomer Plan with 2GB + Unlimited Call and Text
1x$45 Zoomer Plan with 4GB + Unlimited Call and Text
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
1239 posts
270 upvotes
lifeisfuneh wrote:
Jan 16th, 2018 7:08 pm
Any discount codes?
Tried those posted 2 weeks ago and the no longer work
Thanks

EDIT
Ok code BARRY18 will get you 50% off

50% works, but with $6USD shipping rate????
1x$36 Zoomer Plan with 2GB + Unlimited Call and Text
1x$45 Zoomer Plan with 4GB + Unlimited Call and Text
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2017
2364 posts
340 upvotes
would this work in the fido tablet LG padd III or it has to b phone device with phone apk to work...thx

damn! no free shipping and its in USD funds!
Subtotal $9.99
Shipping
$6.00
Total discount -$5.00
Tax $0.65
TOTAL $11.64 USD
KnowRoaming Global SIM Card

$9.99
Add me on PSN: hubu2017 SFV ps4 aka Mikka1989
Oct 28, 2006
392 posts
160 upvotes
Alberta
mikka2017 wrote:
Jan 29th, 2018 10:35 am
would this work in the fido tablet LG padd III or it has to b phone device with phone apk to work...thx

damn! no free shipping and its in USD funds!
Subtotal $9.99
Shipping
$6.00
Total discount -$5.00
Tax $0.65
TOTAL $11.64 USD

$9.99
Interesting. I just placed an order for one sim last Thursday and it was free shipping. I wonder if it's a temporary glitch as they always had free shipping

Edit; just chatted with them and they said there has been changes to their shipping cost so maybe this is permanent until we find a code with free shipping :)
Deal Addict
Dec 15, 2004
1294 posts
57 upvotes
Toronto
Does anyone have problem lately? My whatsapp stop working for a few days. I am in richmond hill, ontario.
Do I need knowroaming app running in the background for whatsapp to work?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)