Expired Hot Deals

[Knowroaming.com] Free international Whatsapp (including Whatsapp Call)

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 17th, 2018 9:43 am
Nov 25, 2017
282 posts
116 upvotes
luckiecookie wrote:
Jan 29th, 2018 12:04 pm
Does anyone have problem lately? My whatsapp stop working for a few days. I am in richmond hill, ontario.
Do I need knowroaming app running in the background for whatsapp to work?
I'm in vaughan, there is something wrong with knowroaming. I just popped it in and there are no bars when it says bell. Also keeps going to no service. This is tried on two different phones with two different sim cards.
Deal Addict
Dec 15, 2004
1298 posts
58 upvotes
Toronto
Shawnies wrote:
Jan 30th, 2018 3:48 pm
I'm in vaughan, there is something wrong with knowroaming. I just popped it in and there are no bars when it says bell. Also keeps going to no service. This is tried on two different phones with two different sim cards.
Do you know where we can contact?
Nov 19, 2017
369 posts
210 upvotes
Vancouver
slpless wrote:
Jan 30th, 2018 4:52 pm
Same here. No service. Vancouver, BC.
It's back to normal. One of my phones shows Telus not Bell. Interesting.
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2008
1038 posts
204 upvotes
Toronto
Right now in North York, whatsapp still works for me with $0 credit when running in foreground (background notification never worked for me). Speed is not the greatest, sometimes a 100KB picture can take a few seconds to download.

I just got this a week ago (with free shipping -- fortunate timing) and I am happy with the free whatsapp. Even if it is too slow for whatsapp voice call, I can't complain with "free". (But if I have paid data then I'd expect whatsapp background notification to work, and everything should be full speed.) The 2 times I emailed them with questions ("who are your roaming network partners in <someplace>?" "does the KnowRoaming app work with no wifi and $0 credit -- answer: yes") they replied quickly.
Amerifriend threads need to include instructions on how to acquire an amerifriend. :confused:
Nov 19, 2017
369 posts
210 upvotes
Vancouver
ssiu wrote:
Jan 30th, 2018 6:16 pm
Right now in North York, whatsapp still works for me with $0 credit when running in foreground (background notification never worked for me). Speed is not the greatest, sometimes a 100KB picture can take a few seconds to download.
The reason your speed is slow is that they can scale access speed for individual accounts down to 2G (128Kbps) speeds if you don't maintain your account with at least $5 USD per their Fair Usage Policy. So, for 100KB picture, it will take about 6 seconds. Below is the link.

https://support.knowroaming.com/support ... mited-data
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2008
1038 posts
204 upvotes
Toronto
redkulat wrote:
Feb 1st, 2018 11:53 am
Any discount codes available? Also I'm thinking of sending this to my family overseas to put into a spare SmartPhone. Has anyone done anything similar?
BARRY18 (see thread summary on page 1 -- this is not my referral code).

Couldn't your family order it and have it shipped directly to them overseas? (Double-check there is service in your family's country first.)
Amerifriend threads need to include instructions on how to acquire an amerifriend. :confused:
Oct 1, 2013
195 posts
34 upvotes
EDMONTON
Yup bought about 15 when it was free shipping in 15 orders so all 15 get the free $5 welcome credit.

Shipping overseas I think it's about $5 to 8 USD to Malaysia per sim
Knowroaming sim means free WhatsApp.
Jan 21, 2017
86 posts
67 upvotes
I'm going on a cruise in 3 weeks time (Tampa/Mexico/Belize/Honduras). Is this a good solution if I just need to check in with someone from time to time? Need mostly to text but the occasional call or video chat would be nice. I'm not expecting it to work while at sea and I'm not sure it will work in Belize or Honduras.

My other question has to do with the US number you get assigned. That means it will be a long distance charge for anyone trying to call me if they don't have a long distance plan unless they call thru Whatsapp, correct?

Is the video call quality good? I've never used Whatsapp before.
Deal Addict
Jul 24, 2005
1421 posts
972 upvotes
Oh man, you did not bother reading the previous 100 pages in this thread, did you...
Nobody sane will be using this SIM card for voice calls through the assigned cellular number, the charges are $2-$3 per minute (US dollars), both incoming and outgoing. It is silly to worry about people paying long distance to call you, while you could pay $3 per minute if you are foolish enough to answer their calls.
To avoid outrageous charges, everything (incoming/outgoing) must go strictly through Whatsapp: messages, voice chats, video chats. Receiving SMS might be the only freebie, but not in all countries (sending SMS is also expensive, $0.50 to $1 per text, depending on your location).
Lukus2017 wrote:
Feb 3rd, 2018 4:55 pm
I'm going on a cruise in 3 weeks time (Tampa/Mexico/Belize/Honduras). Is this a good solution if I just need to check in with someone from time to time? Need mostly to text but the occasional call or video chat would be nice. I'm not expecting it to work while at sea and I'm not sure it will work in Belize or Honduras.

My other question has to do with the US number you get assigned. That means it will be a long distance charge for anyone trying to call me if they don't have a long distance plan unless they call thru Whatsapp, correct?

Is the video call quality good? I've never used Whatsapp before.
Jan 21, 2017
86 posts
67 upvotes
ahoroba wrote:
Feb 3rd, 2018 5:56 pm
Oh man, you did not bother reading the previous 100 pages in this thread, did you...
Nobody sane will be using this SIM card for voice calls through the assigned cellular number, the charges are $2-$3 per minute (US dollars), both incoming and outgoing. It is silly to worry about people paying long distance to call you, while you could pay $3 per minute if you are foolish enough to answer their calls.
To avoid outrageous charges, everything (incoming/outgoing) must go strictly through Whatsapp: messages, voice chats, video chats. Receiving SMS might be the only freebie, but not in all countries (sending SMS is also expensive, $0.50 to $1 per text, depending on your location).
You're right, I stopped reading after page 6. I do thank you for the clarifications.

One more question, while I understand that I will need to do all communications through Whatsapp, do the person I am communicating with need to use Whatsapp and do everything through it as well?
Mar 8, 2006
516 posts
109 upvotes
Lukus2017 wrote:
Feb 3rd, 2018 8:27 pm
You're right, I stopped reading after page 6. I do thank you for the clarifications.

One more question, while I understand that I will need to do all communications through Whatsapp, do the person I am communicating with need to use Whatsapp and do everything through it as well?
Whatsapp to Whatsapp only. I don't know why Whatsapp is not popular in Canada.