Expired Hot Deals

[Knowroaming.com] Free international Whatsapp (including Whatsapp Call)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 21st, 2018 10:44 am
Jan 21, 2017
89 posts
67 upvotes
Wow... the OP should be changed to reflect the real cost as it's no where near the mentioned price.

I went through the checkout process for the SIM card using a 30% off + $5 credit promo code. This is the cost breakdown for shipping in Ontario.

- SIM card: $9.99 US
- Shipping: $8.00 US (This company is in Toronto. $10.30 CAN to ship to Ottawa when true cost is about $1.00)
- Discount: $3.00 US
- 13% HST: $0.91 US
- Total: $15.90 US (or $20.50 CAN)

By the way, how do I know if I'm getting the $5 credit? It's not showing anywhere during the checkout process.
Sep 30, 2015
20 posts
1 upvote
York, ON
Lukus2017 wrote:
Feb 11th, 2018 12:27 am
Wow... the OP should be changed to reflect the real cost as it's no where near the mentioned price.

I went through the checkout process for the SIM card using a 30% off + $5 credit promo code. This is the cost breakdown for shipping in Ontario.

- SIM card: $9.99 US
- Shipping: $8.00 US (This company is in Toronto. $10.30 CAN to ship to Ottawa when true cost is about $1.00)
- Discount: $3.00 US
- 13% HST: $0.91 US
- Total: $15.90 US (or $20.50 CAN)

By the way, how do I know if I'm getting the $5 credit? It's not showing anywhere during the checkout process.
I ordered the sim sticker with 50% off and $10 credit. No delivery charge, just tax. The code for the credit is included in the confirmation email.
Jan 21, 2017
89 posts
67 upvotes
krist8 wrote:
Feb 11th, 2018 10:17 am
I ordered the sim sticker with 50% off and $10 credit. No delivery charge, just tax. The code for the credit is included in the confirmation email.
When did you order? Apparently free shipping is no longer being offered. The OP should be changed to reflect the new pricing (added cost).
Nov 19, 2017
372 posts
214 upvotes
Vancouver
Another update!!!

Barry18 discount code does not offer $5 credit any more. But, other 30% discount codes will still give you $5 credit for SIM sticker and SIM card purchase. https://referral.knowroaming.com/

In addition, free shipping is no longer available. Now, they charge $8 within Canada. Below is the summary updated.

----------------------

1. 50% discount
There is one person who provides this code. Basically he is a brand promoter and somehow gets this privileged code from the company. His code only works for a limited time. BARCHO954 expired on Dec 31, 2017, and he got another one BARRY18 in mid January and it expires on February 28. You can get additional $10 credit for SIM stickers, however no credit for SIM cards. [EDIT] BARRY18 doesn't offer additional $10 credit. $10 credit with SIM sticker is applied to every purchase even without any discount codes.
2. 50% discount only
This code doesn't offer $5 credit - only 50% discount when you purchase SIM cards and/or stickers. Currently, old codes such as SAVE10, SAVE12, SAVE60, ROAM60, ROAM90, etc are all expired.
3. 30% discount + $5 credit
No expiry date. This code is generated by current customer and widely available. $5 credit for SIM sticker and SIM card purchase.

Note: The $5 Facebook / $5 Twitter Share Credits has been discontinued since November 2017.
Note 2: Free shipping is no longer available. Now, they charge $8 within Canada.
Note 3: All in USD.

EDIT: BARRY18 doesn't offer free credit. The summary on the first page has been updated.
Last edited by slpless on Feb 11th, 2018 12:49 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Jan 21, 2017
89 posts
67 upvotes
slpless wrote:
Feb 11th, 2018 12:49 pm
Another update!!!

Barry18 discount code does not offer $5 credit for SIM cards any more. Instead, it will only gives you $10 credit when you purchase SIM stickers.
That's not quite accurate. The SIM sticker comes with a $10 credit, regardless if you use a discount code or not.
Apr 11, 2012
316 posts
59 upvotes
Mississauga
GBUalways wrote:
Feb 10th, 2018 3:12 pm
Anyone in Ontario with iphone can get it worked? I have been using for months, but it stops working now. I don't see a setting to add APN manually on iphone.
Should be under your mobile network setting.
May 19, 2017
179 posts
73 upvotes
jaggu2001 wrote:
Feb 11th, 2018 2:21 pm
Should be under your mobile network setting.
Thanks for the reply. Just to clarify, I already knew where the APN setting as per link below, but it seems knowroaming doesn't allow to change/save the setting.
https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT201699

Anyway, back to my original question. I'm just curious whether anyone who is using iphone and in Ontario, is able to send/receive Whatsapp recently using Knowroaming SIM?
Dec 8, 2010
491 posts
171 upvotes
Markham, Ontario
@GBUalways. I'm in Ontario and have 2 separate Knowroaming SIM cards on my 2 spare iphones (5C and 5S). One is $0 and the other one is less than $2. I am having the same problem. Whatsapp is no longer working. I'm travelling in 3 weeks to US and will try and report if it's working there.

Update: I tried again. The Whatsapp on my iphone 5C is back to work now, but the iphone 5S (with the latest iOS 11.2.5) is not working. As soon as, it's connected to WIFI, then it works. The knowroaming credit on iphone 5S is $0, so I'm not sure that is the problem. I read some where that even with $0, it should work. I had $0 credit since the beginning and it worked fine before too.
Nov 19, 2017
372 posts
214 upvotes
Vancouver
Lukus2017 wrote:
Feb 11th, 2018 2:12 pm
That's not quite accurate. The SIM sticker comes with a $10 credit, regardless if you use a discount code or not.
You're right. Will make it clear in the summary.

-----

1. 50% discount only
This code doesn't offer $5 credit - only 50% discount when you purchase SIM cards and/or stickers. BARRY18 is currently available. Other codes such as SAVE10, SAVE12, SAVE60, ROAM60, ROAM90, etc are all expired.
2. 30% discount + $5 credit
No expiry date. This code is generated by current customer and widely available. $5 credit for SIM sticker and SIM card purchase.
Apr 11, 2012
316 posts
59 upvotes
Mississauga
GBUalways wrote:
Feb 11th, 2018 3:40 pm
Thanks for the reply. Just to clarify, I already knew where the APN setting as per link below, but it seems knowroaming doesn't allow to change/save the setting.
https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT201699

Anyway, back to my original question. I'm just curious whether anyone who is using iphone and in Ontario, is able to send/receive Whatsapp recently using Knowroaming SIM?
Try calling or email it to their CSR and they will able to help you out in no time. One of the best Customer service in Canada.
May 19, 2017
179 posts
73 upvotes
jaggu2001 wrote:
Feb 12th, 2018 8:55 am
Try calling or email it to their CSR and they will able to help you out in no time. One of the best Customer service in Canada.
Thanks for the suggestion. I maybe email to ask, but will not push for the solution. It could be an awkward request/conversation no? I don't think it's their business model to "allow" us using the free Whatsapp when you're in your home country. I'm glad many people here and myself in the past are able to to use the free Whatsapp while not abroad.

Anyway, I'm actually travelling to few Europe countries soon and planning to buy their Europe package (5 GB data only for $54 USD, valid for 14 days). This seems a very decent value. The other alternative (which I did last year) is to buy local SIM cards which are probably cheaper, but not so convenient as last time I had to go to kiosks and spend at least 30 minutes for them to copy my original passport, get it setup etc.
Feb 11, 2018
1 posts
1 upvote
Screenshot_20180213-044658_1.jpg
I have the same issue when travel to paris, 4g/3g network connected but whatsapp not working.
When I came back to my home country still cannot connect to whatsapp network, then I email them.
And finally the gave me this reply.
Actually I only use this sim less than 5 days per month and mainly text message only, and never use more than 100mb on a single day, I am sure should be less than 10mb/day
So the conclusion is free whatsapp just a gimmick for knowroaming, when they cannot make money from you, they will stop this so call *promotion* anytime.
Jul 27, 2011
34 posts
9 upvotes
Ottawa
If you buy multiple SIM cards in one order you pay only one shipping fees. But if use a 30% referral code (lets say from your past purchase or friend or spouse) you get 3$ discount for each SIm card. However you only get one 5$ credit voucher code in email which can be used for one SIM card.
The referred person gets 5$ credit as well. If you want 5$ credit for each sim card that you buy then you will have to buy separately and pay separate 6 us$ shipping.
May 19, 2017
179 posts
73 upvotes
Nomisnomis wrote:
Feb 12th, 2018 4:01 pm
Screenshot_20180213-044658_1.jpg
I have the same issue when travel to paris, 4g/3g network connected but whatsapp not working.
When I came back to my home country still cannot connect to whatsapp network, then I email them.
And finally the gave me this reply.
Actually I only use this sim less than 5 days per month and mainly text message only, and never use more than 100mb on a single day, I am sure should be less than 10mb/day
So the conclusion is free whatsapp just a gimmick for knowroaming, when they cannot make money from you, they will stop this so call *promotion* anytime.
Thanks for the posting. It makes sense and may explain the problem that I have with one of my iphones with $0 credit. I don't blame if they blocked my account. They can't survive as a company if everyone is just using their free Whatsapp.