Expired Hot Deals

[KnowRoaming] Knowroaming US $3.99 Global Daily, $9.99 Global 3 day and $5.99 US 3 day

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 23rd, 2019 6:46 pm
[OP]
Mar 12, 2004
997 posts
223 upvotes
Toronto, ON

Knowroaming US $3.99 Global Daily, $9.99 Global 3 day and $5.99 US 3 day

Deal Link:
Price:
Savings:
50% off
Retailer:
KnowRoaming
I have been using KnowRoaming since its beta days. Although its regular US$7.99 daily pricing has become increasingly uncompetitive compared to Roam Like Home, EU-wide sims, etc. , the current sale is actually quite good.
I've loaded up a bunch of 1 and 3-day data packages for later use.

KR is best used in places where local SIMs/data plans are expensive for short term use (1-3 days, especially in-transit days crossing multiple covered countries within 24 hours). It is also ideal for places where local SIMs require personal info for registration (e.g. Japan, India) or subject to the local firewall (e.g. China).
For a week or more, it is usually cheaper to get a local SIM - but not every country has competitive data rates. KR's data speed is mediocre, but at least you don't have to worry about going over.

global daily - US 3.99 (7.99 regular)
global 3 day - US 9.99 (23.97 regular)
US 3 day - US 5.99 (new)
globa 7 Day + SIM - US 22.99 (regular 38.32)
137 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
3185 posts
1247 upvotes
Toronto
Have they enforced the 9 months credit expiry policy?
Zoomer Wireless, Koodo Wireless, Fido Tablet Plan
Carry Tel Internet
Nov 6, 2012
51 posts
37 upvotes
Toronto
This looks very interesting. Which carrier does it go with in the US? Will the SIM card come with a number that can receive text/phone calls? And like you said, you can buy packages when it's on sale and use later when you need it?
Nov 10, 2013
236 posts
86 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
I had really bad experience with their SIM in Europe past summer, never really got good data connection, it was useless.
France, Germany, NL etc
[OP]
Mar 12, 2004
997 posts
223 upvotes
Toronto, ON
9613019 wrote:
Jan 29th, 2019 10:46 am
Have they enforced the 9 months credit expiry policy?
I use them often enough so I don't know if they have enforced the policy or not.
AFAIK, this applies to the credit balance in your account - not purchased data package attached to your account.
[OP]
Mar 12, 2004
997 posts
223 upvotes
Toronto, ON
shenglong wrote:
Jan 29th, 2019 10:50 am
This looks very interesting. Which carrier does it go with in the US? Will the SIM card come with a number that can receive text/phone calls? And like you said, you can buy packages when it's on sale and use later when you need it?
it was AT&T for me usually, but they are able to roam on Tmobile too.
Yes and yes.
[OP]
Mar 12, 2004
997 posts
223 upvotes
Toronto, ON
gobseck wrote:
Jan 29th, 2019 11:02 am
I had really bad experience with their SIM in Europe past summer, never really got good data connection, it was useless.
France, Germany, NL etc
I agree their data is hit and miss sometimes, depending on location and especially on 3G.
This has got a lot better since they got LTE support.

it may have something to do with what band your phone supports too.
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
3185 posts
1247 upvotes
Toronto
ericw wrote:
Jan 29th, 2019 11:12 am
I use them often enough so I don't know if they have enforced the policy or not.
AFAIK, this applies to the credit balance in your account - not purchased data package attached to your account.
Knowroaming requires to load $25 every 9 months to keep the credit, which is not friendly for occasional users.

Roam and AOW only need $0.99 spending per year.
Carry Tel Internet
[OP]
Mar 12, 2004
997 posts
223 upvotes
Toronto, ON
9613019 wrote:
Jan 29th, 2019 11:26 am
Knowroaming requires to load $25 every 9 months to keep the credit, which is not friendly for occasional users.

Roam and AOW only need $0.99 spending per year.
For US roaming, roamobility or FreedomPop are likely better if you don’t have foam like home (I personally use 17.5 cad 5Gb on Rogers Corp plan)
But for global roaming, AOW rate is not good at all.

I generally use KR on packages only and only keep 1-2 dollars in PAYG.
You can buy individual packages from their website and add the vouchers to your existing account.

As far as I can tell, there is no expiry on packages.
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
3185 posts
1247 upvotes
Toronto
ericw wrote:
Jan 29th, 2019 11:33 am
For US roaming, roamobility or FreedomPop are likely better if you don’t have foam like home (I personally use 17.5 cad 5Gb on Rogers Corp plan)
But for global roaming, AOW rate is not good at all.

I generally use KR on packages only and only keep 1-2 dollars in PAYG.
You can buy individual packages from their website and add the vouchers to your existing account.

As far as I can tell, there is no expiry on packages.
Buying packages from their website is a good idea. I will try it next time so I do not need to load $25 to my account.
Carry Tel Internet
Mar 2, 2009
438 posts
200 upvotes
I just bought a few of these and gout voucher/codes sent by email.

How does one add the vouchers in the Knowroamin app?

EDIT: Doh! Found it. From the home screen, tap on the big dollar sign in circle button to add vouchers.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2005
6299 posts
497 upvotes
TO
ericw wrote:
Jan 29th, 2019 10:03 am
I have been using KnowRoaming since its beta days. Although its regular US$7.99 daily pricing has become increasingly uncompetitive compared to Roam Like Home, EU-wide sims, etc. , the current sale is actually quite good.
I've loaded up a bunch of 1 and 3-day data packages for later use.

KR is best used in places where local SIMs/data plans are expensive for short term use (1-3 days, especially in-transit days crossing multiple covered countries within 24 hours). It is also ideal for places where local SIMs require personal info for registration (e.g. Japan, India) or subject to the local firewall (e.g. China).
For a week or more, it is usually cheaper to get a local SIM - but not every country has competitive data rates. KR's data speed is mediocre, but at least you don't have to worry about going over.

global daily - US 3.99 (7.99 regular)
global 3 day - US 9.99 (23.97 regular)
US 3 day - US 5.99 (new)
globa 7 Day + SIM - US 22.99 (regular 38.32)

Any data points on using their $6/3day US unlimited data plan? Sounds way too good to be true, i read in terms that first 250 will be 4G and the it'll be 2G?
Achieva Financial /KOHO / STACK (0% FX Fee) /Tangerine / EQ Bank member / I use Plastiq for paying bills with my CC ;)
PSA: Virgin Atlantic clubhouse at LAX T-2 only open from 5a-10:30a for LoungeKey/PP club members.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 18, 2012
7926 posts
3124 upvotes
East York
$6 for 3 days US is hot! someone mentioned this uses AT&T network, and that's really good! better than Roam Mobility with T-mobile for sure

I had a SIM card, but the stupid border security people lost it when they were going through my things so I'd need to get another one...

any deals on a new SIM card?
Jul 25, 2016
165 posts
196 upvotes
Vancouver
Does anyone know when this sale ends