Expired Hot Deals

[KnowRoaming] Knowroaming US $3.99 Global Daily, $9.99 Global 3 day and $5.99 US 3 day

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 23rd, 2019 6:46 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2004
1009 posts
232 upvotes
Toronto, ON
ManCaveGamer wrote:
Jan 29th, 2019 1:30 pm
$6 for 3 days US is hot! someone mentioned this uses AT&T network, and that's really good! better than Roam Mobility with T-mobile for sure

I had a SIM card, but the stupid border security people lost it when they were going through my things so I'd need to get another one...

any deals on a new SIM card?
The SIM is effectively free when you buy the 7 day global package ($3.28 per day) - only if you need the 7 day package of course.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2004
1009 posts
232 upvotes
Toronto, ON
chris778 wrote:
Jan 29th, 2019 1:45 pm
Does anyone know when this sale ends
not sure - but why not just buy the package vouchers and use it later.
Jul 25, 2016
170 posts
469 upvotes
Vancouver
I don't have a sim yet and was wondering if sale will still be around by time sim arrives.
Mar 24, 2010
87 posts
19 upvotes
Calgary
I am going to Japan in October for roughly 10 days. I have a Samsung S7. If I purchased the 7 day + 3 day now and didn't load the credit for another month is this a good idea or does anyone have recommendations for a better option/provider? I only need Data.
Apr 24, 2010
534 posts
176 upvotes
Canada
zstubin wrote:
Jan 29th, 2019 6:00 pm
I am going to Japan in October for roughly 10 days. I have a Samsung S7. If I purchased the 7 day + 3 day now and didn't load the credit for another month is this a good idea or does anyone have recommendations for a better option/provider? I only need Data.
You may consider this
https://www.amazon.ca/China-Unicom-Japa ... ref=plSrch
Aug 26, 2017
57 posts
21 upvotes
zstubin wrote:
Jan 29th, 2019 6:00 pm
Tons of better options: https://prepaidsim.visitjapanplaces.com/prepaidsim
Nov 25, 2017
490 posts
298 upvotes
This is actually good. Finally knowroaming listened. I have 2 sim cards sitting around and now I can use them on my upcoming USA trip. Before you had to add $25 credit to account which expired after 9 months. Now you can just buy these ulimited packages from their site and add voucher code to your account. 5.99 for 3 day unlimited is so much better than roam like home type options. Just have to use VoIP for calling
Jul 4, 2006
838 posts
185 upvotes
Oakville
It would be ideal if it supported esim.

Any non branded providers offer esim support in US?
Oct 13, 2006
27 posts
1 upvote
Vancouver
I used to have an AOW SIM, but I lost it. I was going to buy a replacement, but there were no sales of $9.99 currently. With AOW, I could set the hour to start the day, so 1 day is actually 24 hours. With Knowroaming, does the day start at midnight? Would this be timezone specific?
Oct 13, 2006
27 posts
1 upvote
Vancouver
Found the answer on their site, but it looks like you need data to activate the data.

https://support.telna.com/support/solut ... they-work-

How does it work?

Unlimited Data Packages are purchased using pre-paid credit on your KnowRoaming account. Currently, there are three Data Packages you can buy:

1-Day Unlimited Data

3-Day Unlimited Data

7-Day Unlimited Data

Once purchased, they are live only after they are activated via the KnowRoaming app. The time they are live is the hourly equivalent of whichever time amount you purchased. For example, a 1-Day package activated at 11:26am will be active for 24 hours and expire the next day at 11:26am (3-Day is 72 hours and 7-Day is 168 hours, etc). This is irrespective of whether you end your travels, switch SIMs, or turn off your device.
Sep 10, 2008
110 posts
15 upvotes
Wondering what the best plan to buy for a one week trip the USA. I have used Roam Mobility in the past and wonder if there is a better plan. Is there one that I can use my current #. Any help is appreciated!
Deal Fanatic
Nov 7, 2006
7328 posts
291 upvotes
Toronto
lifeisfuneh wrote:
Jan 29th, 2019 12:24 pm
Sadly no longer free WhatsApp messaging
Bait and switch - horrible
Deal Addict
Feb 13, 2003
4859 posts
5569 upvotes
ericw wrote:
Jan 29th, 2019 11:33 am
For US roaming, roamobility or FreedomPop are likely better if you don’t have foam like home (I personally use 17.5 cad 5Gb on Rogers Corp plan)
But for global roaming, AOW rate is not good at all.

I generally use KR on packages only and only keep 1-2 dollars in PAYG.
You can buy individual packages from their website and add the vouchers to your existing account.

As far as I can tell, there is no expiry on packages.
According to their policy, even unused data packages will expire in 9 months
https://support.telna.com/support/solut ... xpiry-term
get what is cheap, not what you need :lol:
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2005
6394 posts
521 upvotes
TO
ericw wrote:
Jan 29th, 2019 2:16 pm
The SIM is effectively free when you buy the 7 day global package ($3.28 per day) - only if you need the 7 day package of course.
Only issue is we don't know how reliable their unlimited data option is though? They don't state actual usage per day even with their US 3 Day plan, and there aren't a lot of dp's here.
Achieva Financial /KOHO / STACK (0% FX Fee) /Tangerine / EQ Bank member / I use Plastiq for paying bills with my CC ;)
PSA: Virgin Atlantic clubhouse at LAX T-2 only open from 5a-10:30a for LoungeKey/PP club members.