Expired Hot Deals

[KnowRoaming] Knowroaming US $3.99 Global Daily, $9.99 Global 3 day and $5.99 US 3 day

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 23rd, 2019 6:46 pm
May 26, 2005
932 posts
366 upvotes
Winnipeg
Have a couple of trips coming up. Sale prices look very reasonable - I'll give it a shot. $7/day with Rogers is pretty steep. This should save me about half.

Thanks OP.
Deal Addict
Jun 19, 2006
1845 posts
205 upvotes
Toronto
Generally, we place no limitations on accounts drawing less than 250 MB per day. However, we reserve the right to scale access speed for individual accounts down to 2G (128 kbps) speeds once the user’s daily usage significantly exceeds the average on our network or begins to impact the ability of other customers to access data services.

So, it is not guaranteed on unlimited data at 4G speed after the 250 MB per day. Therefore, this deal is not that hot. Others have already mentioned better packages depending where you are.

To determine if the deal is hot or not, ask yourself, how long does it take for you to use up 250 MB of data?
May 26, 2005
932 posts
366 upvotes
Winnipeg
star2002 wrote:
Jan 30th, 2019 10:22 am
Wondering what the best plan to buy for a one week trip the USA. I have used Roam Mobility in the past and wonder if there is a better plan. Is there one that I can use my current #. Any help is appreciated!
I think this is your best bet for a 7 day trip assuming that you don't already have a PIN: https://knowroaming.telna.com/order/spe ... -data.html I don't think it will work with your current number though.

It's what I am getting.
Nov 19, 2011
88 posts
17 upvotes
London
Enough of this, it's one thing to limit your account to 9 months expiry limit on products and cash, then, I set up an order to $ 50 worth of product anyway and there's a $ 8.00/US shipping charge on top of that for a tiny SIM card. At some point this business model no longer works.
May 14, 2013
45 posts
28 upvotes
North York
Amowagou wrote:
Jan 29th, 2019 7:43 pm
You may consider this
https://www.amazon.ca/China-Unicom-Japa ... ref=plSrch
The wait for shipping might not work out for you but I can confirm these work great! Went to Japan twice in the last 2 years with these cards and I was using LTE with them. YMMV though bc of how the networks are set up, your phone may not have the appropriate LTE bands.
Rogers Ignite 500 $35
Fido $15/3GB (50% off 24 months) + free tablet
Koodo $45/8GB | $45/4+2GB + 1000 int'l mins
- - -
Thanks RFD!
Nov 25, 2017
490 posts
298 upvotes
for some reason with these sims in my iphone, i only see 4g symbol not LTE symbol. Anyone know about this. Knowroaming says its all the same, but it is weird.
Dec 12, 2005
966 posts
120 upvotes
morganplus8 wrote:
Jan 30th, 2019 1:12 pm
Enough of this, it's one thing to limit your account to 9 months expiry limit on products and cash, then, I set up an order to $ 50 worth of product anyway and there's a $ 8.00/US shipping charge on top of that for a tiny SIM card. At some point this business model no longer works.
Thanks for this info....dealbreaker for me is the shipping and the fact that everything is in US funds which ultimately makes the item more expensive that what it looks to be. I guess for now I'll stick with my tried and tested Roam Mobility although the price per day is not that great.
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2005
1079 posts
377 upvotes
Pokemon Go doesn't work with KnowRoaming in case anybody was hoping to catch any regional Pokemon during their travels.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 18, 2012
7943 posts
3136 upvotes
East York
albundy99999999 wrote:
Jan 30th, 2019 12:44 pm
Generally, we place no limitations on accounts drawing less than 250 MB per day. However, we reserve the right to scale access speed for individual accounts down to 2G (128 kbps) speeds once the user’s daily usage significantly exceeds the average on our network or begins to impact the ability of other customers to access data services.

So, it is not guaranteed on unlimited data at 4G speed after the 250 MB per day. Therefore, this deal is not that hot. Others have already mentioned better packages depending where you are.

To determine if the deal is hot or not, ask yourself, how long does it take for you to use up 250 MB of data?
Roam Mobility is 500MB a day, $5 CAD a day, free SIM card:

knowroaming-knowroaming-us-3-99-global- ... y-2260920/

however I feel like I'd still do Knowroaming for AT&T network which works way better at lets say a music festival where reception sucks ass to begin with
Deal Addict
Jun 19, 2006
1845 posts
205 upvotes
Toronto
ManCaveGamer wrote:
Jan 30th, 2019 5:15 pm
Roam Mobility is 500MB a day, $5 CAD a day, free SIM card:

knowroaming-knowroaming-us-3-99-global- ... y-2260920/

however I feel like I'd still do Knowroaming for AT&T network which works way better at lets say a music festival where reception sucks ass to begin with
Yeah, reception varies between T-Mobile and AT&T.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2004
1009 posts
232 upvotes
Toronto, ON
It seems a lot of people are only interested in US roaming. Imo, Corp plan with US flex roaming > Roam Mobility (cheaper regular price) > Know Roaming (regular price).

As I mentioned, for large amount of US data, rogers corp plan $17.5 one time 30 day add-on unlimited (5GB fair use on AT&T) is the best deal if you are eligible.
For occasional use, e.g. checking email over a weekend trip to NYC etc., FreedomPop free 200MB+ may be ok (on AT&T). Roam Like Home 5 bucks a day may also be fine for the sake of convenience.
Roam Mobility coverage is fine for big cities (on T-Mobile) and I have used them in conjunction with KR for years in the past. However, I had 2 Roam Mobility SIMs expired on me after they introduced 6 month validity. I absolutely hate their policy of killing the SIM instead of letting you re-activate it.

Nonetheless, there is no need to discount KR. Know Roaming is based on Orange Israel (at least it used to be). Its strength is int'l roaming. For someone who travels globally, it is a very convenient option and I have not found a cheaper alternative (other than local sims of course). The best part of KR is that you can go to different countries while on the same package, extremely useful on long travel days! The 9 month validity is not a problem for someone who travels often and they don't kill the sim just zero the credit. NOTE: You can typically roam on more than 1 network in each country (e.g. ATT and Tmobile in the US), but KR does have "preferred" network in its firmware. If you found yourself stuck on Tmobile with poor reception in certain area, submit a ticket and they can force AT&T in the firmware.
May 26, 2005
932 posts
366 upvotes
Winnipeg
ericw wrote:
Jan 30th, 2019 7:51 pm
.... Roam Like Home 5 bucks a day....
For the record, the big 3 now charge $7/day for U.S. roaming. At $5/day it was worth it for me not to hassle with changing SIMs but $7/day adds up quickly and makes this look attractive to me. Roam Mobility at $5/day also not worth the hassle of changing SIMs.

At $5.99 for 3 days, this is worth a shot. I put in a $40 order to cover 3 trips I have planned this year so hopefully Know works out. I called them yesterday and they said their SIMs won't get shut down until at least 2 years of no activity.

Also if you do some googling, you can find a promo code to save $5 off of the $9.99 price for 2 SIMs.
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2007
2505 posts
601 upvotes
Scarborough
Any opinion on this?

AIS Sim2Fly..

C$17.67 + C$6.98 shipping
Asia Data Roaming for 13 Countries Preloaded Data SIM Card -- 4GB/8 Days
Japan, Korea, Singapore, Malaysia, Hong Kong, Laos, India, Taiwan, Philippines, Cambodia, Macau, Nepal, Australia, (wth no Thailand)

4G/3G data roaming up to 4 GB for 8 days (throttling speed of 128kbps after 4 GB)
Please make sure your phone is unlocked before purchase
No registration requierd, just insert the SIM <<< should alleviate privacy concerns?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2004
1009 posts
232 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Samwfive wrote:
Jan 31st, 2019 12:07 pm
Any opinion on this?

AIS Sim2Fly..

C$17.67 + C$6.98 shipping
Asia Data Roaming for 13 Countries Preloaded Data SIM Card -- 4GB/8 Days
Japan, Korea, Singapore, Malaysia, Hong Kong, Laos, India, Taiwan, Philippines, Cambodia, Macau, Nepal, Australia, (wth no Thailand)

4G/3G data roaming up to 4 GB for 8 days (throttling speed of 128kbps after 4 GB)
Please make sure your phone is unlocked before purchase
No registration requierd, just insert the SIM <<< should alleviate privacy concerns?
As someone pointed out, this may be cheaper for 12 days.
https://www.amazon.ca/China-Unicom-Asia ... sia+12+day
last time I checked sim2fly website, it was in thai...at least China Unicom HK has a decent english website.
Apr 17, 2015
239 posts
124 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I'm looking for something for two weeks in EU.. is this good?