Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
knowroaming

Stack 2 codes for 50% off at knowroaming (price varies depending on what you want)

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 19th, 2020 11:35 am
Tags:
None
Sep 4, 2008
907 posts
338 upvotes
New Westminster

Stack 2 codes for 50% off at knowroaming (price varies depending on what you want)

Deal Link:
Price:
varies
Savings:
50% off
Retailer:
knowroaming
Stack vday30 and barry18 as 2 separate coupon codes for 50% off. Works for both data voucher and sim cards.

Not sure when the vday promo expires, discovered it last night and thought would give it a try. Seems like some members had issue with them taking forever to ship a sim card so YMMV.

Good for those of us with phones without esim and need more options that roam like home and roam mobility.

please see attached image for example. there is still a flat rate $8 shipping though.
Images
  • IMG-20200215-WA0036 (1).jpg
24 replies
Deal Fanatic
Apr 16, 2006
6241 posts
708 upvotes
brclho wrote: Stack vday30 and barry18 as 2 separate coupon codes for 50% off. Works for both data voucher and sim cards.

Not sure when the vday promo expires, discovered it last night and thought would give it a try. Seems like some members had issue with them taking forever to ship a sim card so YMMV.

Good for those of us with phones without esim and need more options that roam like home and roam mobility.

please see attached image for example. there is still a flat rate $8 shipping though.
I'm going to Mexico in a few weeks and need a travel SIM, so this is great timing.

However, $8 for "shipping" (which is nothing more than an envelope and a stamp) is really ridiculous. Still, I doubt I'll find a travel SIM for less than $10 (which mine comes in at with the discount and the abhorrently inflated shipping cost) , so I guess I'm stuck. It basically works out to free shipping and makes it an OK deal in my opinion.

Regardless, thanks OP!
Apr 27, 2017
83 posts
132 upvotes
the barry18 code works for the sim card only the single sim can be purchased for $2 after coupons, and 6$ for the sticker w/o shipping
Mar 12, 2012
669 posts
795 upvotes
Belleville
Is voice and SMS included in all of their plans?

Surprising, I can't clearly see that (looking at Europe plans)
Deal Fanatic
Apr 16, 2006
6241 posts
708 upvotes
Xoanan wrote: Is voice and SMS included in all of their plans?

Surprising, I can't clearly see that (looking at Europe plans)
Worst case for voice, download Fongo. Free WiFi/Data phone and uses Canada phone number to make and receive calls. Can also receive SMS for free, but you have to spend some cash to be able to send SMS.
Mar 12, 2012
669 posts
795 upvotes
Belleville
I got confirmation (rather snippy I might add) from their chat, that it is data only.

I'm okay with workarounds (I have VoIP.ms so I can use that) but good to know.

Need it to be friendly for my wifi ;)
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2009
2731 posts
2375 upvotes
GTA
How long does it take to receive the data codes in your email?
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
41802 posts
30056 upvotes
Center of Universe
Octavius wrote: I'm going to Mexico in a few weeks and need a travel SIM, so this is great timing.

However, $8 for "shipping" (which is nothing more than an envelope and a stamp) is really ridiculous. Still, I doubt I'll find a travel SIM for less than $10 (which mine comes in at with the discount and the abhorrently inflated shipping cost) , so I guess I'm stuck. It basically works out to free shipping and makes it an OK deal in my opinion.

Regardless, thanks OP!
Buy a local simcard at the airport when land.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 23, 2008
7140 posts
3513 upvotes
From what I've researched, knowroaming seems to be the best priced international SIM, next to Airalo which requires eSim.

Can anyone confirm this ?
Nov 7, 2011
865 posts
919 upvotes
British Columbia
brclho wrote: Stack vday30 and barry18 as 2 separate coupon codes for 50% off. Works for both data voucher and sim cards.

Know roaming screwed up an entire vacation to the middle East about three years ago. Not sure if they've improved, but was useless.
Deal Guru
Dec 20, 2018
10135 posts
10246 upvotes
The Tee Daught wrote: Know roaming screwed up an entire vacation to the middle East about three years ago. Not sure if they've improved, but was useless.
Did you email them? I find their email support quite good and responsive and able to solve issues I had when I didn't get service in a destination
Deal Fanatic
Nov 23, 2008
7140 posts
3513 upvotes
Can anyone vouch for the performance and reliability of knowroaming in Europe?
Deal Addict
May 26, 2005
1471 posts
888 upvotes
Winnipeg
Here's another tip: If you already have the SIM and are just buying vouchers, set your delivery address to somewhere in the US and you won't be charged HST. The vouchers come by email so there's nothing to be physically shipped.
Sep 30, 2015
449 posts
156 upvotes
York, ON
Vday30 ends tonight. Just bought a package.
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2009
1717 posts
717 upvotes
Markham
SomeOtherDude wrote: From what I've researched, knowroaming seems to be the best priced international SIM, next to Airalo which requires eSim.

Can anyone confirm this ?
Went to South Korea with a knownroaming when they were offering the $10 credits + free whatsapp. It works great for the most parts, there were some spots that were spotty but overall i was mostly using the free whatsapp part of it and it was pretty nice.
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2009
1717 posts
717 upvotes
Markham
Singu1arity wrote: the barry18 code works for the sim card only the single sim can be purchased for $2 after coupons, and 6$ for the sticker w/o shipping
Explain how you get a single sim for $2 with barry18?
Comes out to $5 for me :rolleyes:
Nov 23, 2002
610 posts
139 upvotes
Vancouver
SomeOtherDude wrote: Can anyone vouch for the performance and reliability of knowroaming in Europe?
Went through 4 countries in Europe in Oct and had no problems. It was noticeably slower than my 3uk SIM card though. For longer trips I would recommend getting a 3uk SIM card from amazon. I paid $26 for 12gb and unlimited talk and text. The Uk phone number came in handy a few times.
Dec 24, 2007
483 posts
192 upvotes
Vancouver
Missed out. Any other promos for the data?
Apr 27, 2017
83 posts
132 upvotes
Yesterday. the VDAY30 code also worked, so it worked out to be $2. 30% of 10$ = $3. 10-5-3=2

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)