Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Jan 10, 2003
1155 posts
9 upvotes
I'm still a hater...

Took MORE than 50% of the teams shots...Ball Hog
But he got 80 points due to his shooting %...
Deal Fanatic
Jan 17, 2002
7777 posts
948 upvotes
Toronto
LOL Bring back Kevin O'Neil.
Deal Addict
Feb 21, 2005
1635 posts
1 upvote
I Don't care what anyone says Kobe got's Mad Game!!!

Just unstoppable!!11
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
24670 posts
8742 upvotes
Toronto
definitely an astounding feat, and against the Raps too. Boy, that makes us look bad, regardless if he was "in the groove" and unstoppable. Nothing we could have done (maybe injure him like a cheap Bowen). Just unfortunate it was against the Raps and not against Atlanta or something.

I hope that he doesn't win the MVP award. I know there are different opinions on how to award the MVP but honestly, you are supposed to make your teammates better. Doing everything yourself doesn't make your teammates better.

I think Steve Nash should win (if the season ended now). Suns are still winning and playing well despite not having Amare Stoudamire in the lineup. That guy is a force too ! But Suns still are winning, that is incredible.
Banned
Jan 11, 2004
19816 posts
572 upvotes
xwar wrote:While 81 pts was an amazing feat, possibly the greatest single game individually by any NBA player (since it was done by a shooting guard not an oversized centre) ... this did no good for the lakers in the long run. While they got the win, Kobe has shown his teammates that he doesn't trust them and is more concerned with self glory over helping his teammates better. For every huge night he has and the lakers win, they'll be several where he has huge nights and they lose ...
kobe has shown his teammates that they can play like garbage but he'll score 81pts for them so they still win. so ya it tells them he will be there to bail them out ;)
Banned
Jan 11, 2004
19816 posts
572 upvotes
trashmouth12 wrote:I'm still a hater...

Took MORE than 50% of the teams shots...Ball Hog
But he got 80 points due to his shooting %...
that's just stupid. wouldn't you want your best player by far to take the shots? or would you rather kwame brown take more shots and kobe take less?

all the haters can say is that he's a ball hog, not really, he's there best player and the rest of the team is not dumb enough not to realize that and know kobe will make shots they will not even dream of trying.

the NBA is a team game, but it doesnt mean giving scrubs more shots while your best player watches them miss time after time after time he passes to them :lol:
Banned
Jan 11, 2004
19816 posts
572 upvotes
ledorky wrote:MJ had his limits in terms of how many shots he's willing to take. Kobe/AI don't.
yup..because unlike Kobe, MJ didnt come close to having kobe's stamina. ;) it takes a lot of energy to create and jack up shots you know ;)

Kobe is never tired, his mental toughness allows him to play at his highest level as long as there is still time on the game clock.
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2005
1356 posts
145 upvotes
Alas the Raps find a way to make it into the record books...next stop 101 points for someone.
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
24670 posts
8742 upvotes
Toronto
gilboman wrote:yup..because unlike Kobe, MJ didnt come close to having kobe's stamina. ;) it takes a lot of energy to create and jack up shots you know ;)

Kobe is never tired, his mental toughness allows him to play at his highest level as long as there is still time on the game clock.
I wouldn't say that MJ isn't even close to having Kobe's stamina. That is hard to prove or disprove. MJ in his own right was pretty much a machine as well and was no slouch athletically etc. Who is better ? Hard to say. Though, the r4pist does have a lot of "after-game" exercises that last well into the night, so he might have the edge.

I don't like Kobe but you have to give props to him. He is a fricking machine ! It isn't like he is just standing there, catching and shooting. He is driving, faking, dribbling, ball-handling everything.......that is pretty amazing. I bet his victims were pretty happy that he expended so much energy last night, they probably didn't get r4p3d since he was probably too tired. :lol:
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2001
2049 posts
4 upvotes
Richmond Hill
it's a shame that Kobe is going to be stuck toiling away at a mediocre team during his prime

kwame brown isn't going to get it, Lamar Odom is about to kill Kobe, and the entire team is just horrible. No talent to trade for anyone, and it seems like Kobe has a rep around the league has someone that no one wants to play with.
Sep 9, 2005
233 posts
kobe is going to win the scoring title for sure this year. Phil Jackson playbook probably consist's of one sentence, "pass or get the ball to Kobe and get out of the way". It must really suck playing on his team, all you do is stand around and watch him play.
:arrowl: + :arrow: + :arrowu: + :arrowd: = :?: or ( :!: and :idea: )

HEATWARE
Banned
Jan 11, 2004
19816 posts
572 upvotes
CanadianCool wrote:kobe is going to win the scoring title for sure this year. Phil Jackson playbook probably consist's of one sentence, "pass or get the ball to Kobe and get out of the way". It must really suck playing on his team, all you do is stand around and watch him play.
well, when the supporting cast sucks, the only chance of winning is to give the ball to the best player by far on your team and hope he can compensate for the lack of talent of the other players.

this isn't elementary school where regardless of ability, everybody gets to play/shoot. this is the NBA, the person who can score gets it.
Deal Guru
Nov 30, 2003
11504 posts
17 upvotes
Toronto
It's a paradox: the Lakers can't go deep into the playoffs without the team contributing more, and the team is mostly inept which forces Kobe to carry them. Bryant still takes some ludicrous attempts, but it's not like his other options are particularly attractive. Odom's blunder the previous game is a shining example of that...
FuNPoLiCe001 wrote:it's a shame that Kobe is going to be stuck toiling away at a mediocre team during his prime

kwame brown isn't going to get it, Lamar Odom is about to kill Kobe, and the entire team is just horrible. No talent to trade for anyone, and it seems like Kobe has a rep around the league has someone that no one wants to play with.
Don't they have a chunk of cap space coming up? I seem to recall that the Lakers were saving that to make a run at Yao/Amare before they signed their respective extensions.
CanadianCool wrote:kobe is going to win the scoring title for sure this year. Phil Jackson playbook probably consist's of one sentence, "pass or get the ball to Kobe and get out of the way". It must really suck playing on his team, all you do is stand around and watch him play.
Considering how lazy some of the Lakers look, they could be grateful that Kobe does the legwork. Kwame Brown's breed of slacking hasn't been seen since the "glory days" of Anthony Mason after signing a contract.
Heatware | eBay | (Last updated 12-28-2008)
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2001
2049 posts
4 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Headhunter wrote:It's a paradox: the Lakers can't go deep into the playoffs without the team contributing more, and the team is mostly inept which forces Kobe to carry them. Bryant still takes some ludicrous attempts, but it's not like his other options are particularly attractive. Odom's blunder the previous game is a shining example of that...

Don't they have a chunk of cap space coming up? I seem to recall that the Lakers were saving that to make a run at Yao/Amare before they signed their respective extensions.

Considering how lazy some of the Lakers look, they could be grateful that Kobe does the legwork. Kwame Brown's breed of slacking hasn't been seen since the "glory days" of Anthony Mason after signing a contract.
Exactly, the Lakers are stuck in NBA purgatory. Kobe's too talented to let them suck too much, but by himself he's not enough to get them past the first round. So it's going to be 1 and done for Kobe until the Lakers can find him some complementary talent.

They do have cap room coming up, but who are they going to make a run at? Yao and Amare are both locked up. I suppose they could go for Nene, but he's hardly proven anything and at this point he's not really a difference maker.

Everyone who's good from 03 draft if they carry over their cap room is also likely to be locked up. Their best chance of upgrading the team is probably by going after Peja in the off season

this isn't really an accurate list, but it's close enough

http://nbasource.blogspot.com/2005/08/p ... -menu.html

But even with Peja they'll be thin up front unless Andrew Bynum develops more quickly than expected.
Deal Addict
Apr 11, 2003
1445 posts
6 upvotes
gilboman wrote:well, when the supporting cast sucks, the only chance of winning is to give the ball to the best player by far on your team and hope he can compensate for the lack of talent of the other players.

this isn't elementary school where regardless of ability, everybody gets to play/shoot. this is the NBA, the person who can score gets it.
:lol:

Are you suggesting that a supporting cast consisting of Smush Parker, Laron Profit, and Von Wafer isn't good? ;)
Deal Addict
Jan 26, 2004
1923 posts
16 upvotes
B4 everyone continues to call Kobe a rapist, look at all the facts first. Clearly shows that he only committed adultry, which Jordan did for many years also. Jordan was screwing around much more than Kobe ever will. His former wife admitted so. Jordan had much more power so not much is/was written up about all his faults. Jordan was as much of a d!ckhead as Kobe at times, probably even more so. But everyone loves Jordan cuz he had this holier than thou image.

Most of you dont realize that da Bulls team is much different than this Lakers team in that each player understood and ACCEPTED their roles on the Bulls. In today's world, even a marginal player wants to be da MAN on their team cuz it's all about da $$$ for them. They aint gettin paid max dollar if he's only scoring 12 pts a game. The players on the Lakers team have to realize Kobe is their meal ticket and accept their roles. This means guys like Lamar Odom has got accept being a secondary player and only da primary player when Kobe is on da bench. Jordan also ran into this same problem on his last comeback with Washington. His team didnt listen, and pretty much pushed him back into retirement.

Still, KOBE is KING, not Lebron... 81 pts is sick!
Deal Guru
Nov 30, 2003
11504 posts
17 upvotes
Toronto
FuNPoLiCe001 wrote:Exactly, the Lakers are stuck in NBA purgatory. Kobe's too talented to let them suck too much, but by himself he's not enough to get them past the first round. So it's going to be 1 and done for Kobe until the Lakers can find him some complementary talent.
Unless Kobe puts up historic scoring numbers, 1 and done is right...
They do have cap room coming up, but who are they going to make a run at? Yao and Amare are both locked up. I suppose they could go for Nene, but he's hardly proven anything and at this point he's not really a difference maker.
If I were the Lakers, I'd throw everything at Ben Wallace. He probably won't take it, but Big Ben would be a huge difference maker.

They should also dump Kwame Brown, so much for being a monster in LA...

Edit: An interesting quote from today's Daily Dime:
Someone asked Dirk Nowitzki if he could top 82. "I don't think that would be good from a team standpoint," Nowitzki said.
:!:
Heatware | eBay | (Last updated 12-28-2008)
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2005
1369 posts
32 upvotes
Scarborough
It was an awesome feat. Can't wait to watch the game every year when it's on ESPN Classic.