• Jan 25th, 2006 1:14 am
Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
Jan 17, 2002
7777 posts
948 upvotes
Toronto
Mike James was bang on about Mitchell. How do you not double team a guy who is on pace to score 80 until the 4th quarter is well under way? They double teamed him like crazy with great success when the Raptors hosted the Lakers weeks earlier.
Deal Guru
Nov 19, 2002
12253 posts
858 upvotes
gilboman wrote:nothing intelligent about those comments. if they were so intelligent, maybe he should've been more physical or did more than the standard pylon D. i didnt see mike james doing anything to stop it.
Do you even watch basketball? Or do you just spout nonsense in bball threads wherever you go?
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
24670 posts
8742 upvotes
Toronto
I think Mitchell was trying to experiment.........like thinking:

**Hmmm Kobe is heating up, lets see what happens when I tell my players to man-to-man D him and see if he can be stopped, no double-teams**

After Kobe scores more points.........

Mitchell again

**Hmm Kobe is got his groove on, but I will stick to my experiment of man-to-man D and see what happens***

Near the end of the 4th quarter:

**Wake up, it isn't working. Hmm yeah, it isn't....oh well so much for that....**
Deal Fanatic
Jan 17, 2002
7777 posts
948 upvotes
Toronto
ji2o0k wrote:I think Mitchell was trying to experiment.........like thinking:

**Hmmm Kobe is heating up, lets see what happens when I tell my players to man-to-man D him and see if he can be stopped, no double-teams**

After Kobe scores more points.........

Mitchell again

**Hmm Kobe is got his groove on, but I will stick to my experiment of man-to-man D and see what happens***

Near the end of the 4th quarter:

**Wake up, it isn't working. Hmm yeah, it isn't....oh well so much for that....**
LOL you forgot about hmmm lets put Jose Calderon who can barely guard second string PG's on him in the third quarter man-to-man.
Banned
Jan 11, 2004
19816 posts
572 upvotes
deep wrote:Do you even watch basketball? Or do you just spout nonsense in bball threads wherever you go?
yes which is why i don't see why mike james has the nerve to criticize the team when he himself wasn't getting it done any better on defense.
Banned
Jan 11, 2004
19816 posts
572 upvotes
seems my comments earlier in the season about mitchell being clueless is finally getting some recongition and at the time i was brushed with the "hater" tag but all i've said has unfolded contrarty to many others said.
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2002
3416 posts
37 upvotes
Brampton
I didn't read the entire thread, but everyone is just focusing on the 81 points.
The guy has 60% fgp when someone is that hot you should give him the ball, hell even 50% is considered hot.
And when he did get fouled he was 18/20 from the freet throw line.
I am not really a Kobe fan, but those numbers right there are more impressive especially given the number of shots he took.

IMHO no one can call you a ball hog when you shoot over 50%.
Vince is a chump, every team has a star, you expect your star to produce more than everyone else, Vince is content with just making 'some' contribution.
Even with a well rounded Chicago bulls, Jordan had to carry the team on some nights.
|D
|D [\/] /\ Z
Jun 1, 2005
296 posts
spike-spiegel wrote:http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/st ... son/060124

That quote from VC is funny. Yes, the guy who dogged it on purpose and dragged his team down so he could be traded.
i don't know what was on his mind when he said that. if he's just trying to be a sour loser or jealous or whatever reason he has. so funny coz the editor pointed this out:

The criticism comes from an interesting source.

Last season, Carter ranked just behind Bryant in shots attempted per game (Bryant took 20.1 shots per game, while Carter took 20.0). And Carter is still among the league leaders in that category this year at 19.0 shots per game, although he's well behind Bryant, who leads the NBA at 27.7 shots per contest.
Jan 1, 2006
291 posts
49 upvotes
Richmond Hill
'If someone gets 81 on me, I'm going to clothesline him.'
Antoine Walker, Miami Heat

'You've got to ... foul him. I wouldn't feel very good about myself if a guy scored a lot of points and I didn't use my fouls to try to stop him.'
Jerry Sloan, Utah Jazz coach

Fair to say that if a Charles Oakley-type player was still a Raptor, Kobe would have received some 'resistance' that night. :twisted:
Apr 26, 2005
782 posts
GTA
backbones wrote:'If someone gets 81 on me, I'm going to clothesline him.'

'You've got to ... foul him. I wouldn't feel very good about myself if a guy scored a lot of points and I didn't use my fouls to try to stop him.'

Fair to say that if a Charles Oakley-type player was still a Raptor, Kobe would have received some 'resistance' that night. :twisted:
sometimes it's easier said than done. Antoine Walker of all people? does he know how to play D? last time i checked, all he does was jacking up 3s all over the court. he has the guts to say that (clotheslining someone) but u think he has the guts to do it?

Jerry Sloan has a point of fouling, but don't get carried away and do something stupid. what he was trying to say is at least use up all your foul, but he never meant to be dirty. you make sure you don't cross that line. sometimes it works on your favor, but you think David Stern and Stu Jackson won't deduct some $$$ on your paycheque if you did something silly? haha

Josh Howard tried that tactic vs LA, he clothesline Kobe, got himself a flagrant foul and Kobe got even mad and poured more points on them.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 12, 2003
7793 posts
40 upvotes
backbones wrote:'If someone gets 81 on me, I'm going to clothesline him.'

our resistance is there.. he is just injured.

That is Hoffa.