Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Indigo

Kobo Glo HD 119.99$ @ Indigo

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 17th, 2016 9:37 am
Tags:
Dec 17, 2010
697 posts
263 upvotes
I usually borrow books from the library and then download to Kobo for reading. There are a few good sources of free books (out of copyright) such as Internet Archive, Project Gutenberg.
Apr 21, 2016
137 posts
50 upvotes
How does the Kobo Glo HD compare to the amazon kindle paperwhite?
Deal Fanatic
Nov 25, 2003
5582 posts
7780 upvotes
Vancouver
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who gives up a little freedom to gain a little security, deserves neither and will lose both. (Benjamin Franklin)
Aug 28, 2005
400 posts
178 upvotes
Any idea on how often these things go on sale? Or if there are any coupons/discount codes for any stores selling it? Seems to be $139.99 everywhere right now..

Seems currently the special offer is a free case at Chapters/Indigo (till June 19 only). MSRP of case is $29.95. Not sure I'm a fan of the cream colour though...
Feb 7, 2014
319 posts
107 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
rcxAsh wrote: Any idea on how often these things go on sale? Or if there are any coupons/discount codes for any stores selling it? Seems to be $139.99 everywhere right now..

Seems currently the special offer is a free case at Chapters/Indigo (till June 19 only). MSRP of case is $29.95. Not sure I'm a fan of the cream colour though...
The last time this e-reader was on sale for this price was around Jan and no free case. I found one at Staples for $7. The sale seems to be $20 off with no coupons from Indigo Chapters or Kobo. They are really great e-readers. If you are new to the Kobo, you have to d/l Adobe Digital Edition in order to d/l through the library (VPL in my case) and there is a pretty decent selection but the wait list for some can be long. Sometimes you can find decent coupon codes for Kobo Books on-line. I am waiting for the H20 to go on sale but haven't seen anything as of yet.
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2007
1332 posts
131 upvotes
Toronto
rcxAsh wrote: Any idea on how often these things go on sale? Or if there are any coupons/discount codes for any stores selling it? Seems to be $139.99 everywhere right now..

There was a mother's day sale. You can sign for the source coupon which as 20 off 100.

Ended up paying 100+tax. The Amazon.ca case is really good quality. Around 10 bucks and works with sleep
Aug 16, 2006
639 posts
273 upvotes
Calgary
dealhunter16 wrote: Sure if you don't care about the copyright :) .
There are a lot of old classics that are now public domain, so free and legal. But, yes, there are dubious means to aquire books too.
Mar 26, 2012
332 posts
499 upvotes
Ottawa
ibritto wrote: Just clicked on the link and read the reviews on indigo. Makes it seem like this product is garbage...is it really 6 months warranty?
I've had 3 kobos so far. I do find that they are cheaply made and will probably try out a Kindle next time. On both my 2 previous ones (Glo's), the power button failed after 1.5-2 year mark. I did use them daily but I still had them in protective cases. I use an Arc now to get away from the cheap slide button but I don't like the glare on the Arc. Anyways, they are great when they work but I find they don't last very long under heavy use.
Aug 28, 2005
400 posts
178 upvotes
WeeDub wrote: The last time this e-reader was on sale for this price was around Jan and no free case. I found one at Staples for $7. The sale seems to be $20 off with no coupons from Indigo Chapters or Kobo. They are really great e-readers. If you are new to the Kobo, you have to d/l Adobe Digital Edition in order to d/l through the library (VPL in my case) and there is a pretty decent selection but the wait list for some can be long. Sometimes you can find decent coupon codes for Kobo Books on-line. I am waiting for the H20 to go on sale but haven't seen anything as of yet.
Ah neat I would have to check that out. I was mainly considering an e-reader for reading papers and standards at work (often PDF). I'm finding I sometimes can't concentrate reading off of an LCD monitor all day.
goonx126 wrote: There was a mother's day sale. You can sign for the source coupon which as 20 off 100.

Ended up paying 100+tax. The Amazon.ca case is really good quality. Around 10 bucks and works with sleep
Thanks - where is the sign-up for the $20 Source coupon? I didn't see anything on their website.
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
14763 posts
4912 upvotes
Montreal
d0fuz wrote: I do wish I went for the H2o instead for the screen size
I have both and much prefer the h2o (I also have an aura hd which is pretty much the same) and it's not just the screen size, but the fonts are sharper and the blacks are blacker. that's really the only thing I dislike about the glo hd, it's almost grey on off-white, not black on white.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)