Kobo Horror Stories

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 28th, 2017 2:44 pm
Deal Addict
Feb 29, 2012
2654 posts
1461 upvotes
Richmond
I really like the extra 0.8 inch that the Aura HD offers over the standard 6" e-reader screens, but it's a slightly awkward unit to hold with the extra weight (mostly due to the larger battery), the slick plastic back, and the sharper corners.

I'd love to upgrade to the Aura One with the still-larger screen if it comes down in price a little. I've tried one in the store, and it was more comfortable to hold than the Aura HD. But surprisingly in side-by-side comparison with the Aura H2O I noticed that the Aura One actually has slightly worse screen contrast. It's similar to the Aura HD, but no question the Aura H2O has the best screen contrast of the three. If you get a chance to try this comparison yourself, be sure to choose units with the same bezel colour, because different bezel colour totally fools you when it comes to judging screen contrast.
Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2006
14641 posts
3365 upvotes
Vancouver
Sorry a bit off topic, sorry OP but what files does the Kindle support? I have a paper white but never really used it. Maybe time to look around for a book.

Thanks
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2006
2332 posts
710 upvotes
Alberta
Kindle uses mobi.
A program like Calibre is able to convert between the different format (epub/mobi) pretty easily.
Aug 15, 2012
357 posts
82 upvotes
Mississauga
Hey guys. Thanks to a good person at mobileread, I managed to get a lightly used H2O off Kijiji for a great price. I'm looking forward to reading on a super crisp screen. And the e-reader itself is extremely snappy. I thought the lag would be horrendous, but it isn't. It's actually quite a lot like a tablet.

Sadly, my grandma is sleeping right now so I can't have her use it. I gave it to my mom and she was unimpressed. She was reading an actual book at the time, lol. How do I make her an e-reader fan? I already told her I'd download the book she's reading to the Kobo and go to the exact page she's on, so she can try it out tonight.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)