• Jan 10th, 2019 10:04 pm
[OP]
Nov 23, 2009
121 posts
214 upvotes
Calgary

[Kobo eBooks] Kobo Aura Edition 2 E-reader with Free Kobo Aura Sleepcover $100

https://ca.kobobooks.com/products/kobo-aura

Not the best deal as they were at $75 but free sleepcover makes it better.

Extra 5% with ebates.
26 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2003
1005 posts
186 upvotes
Toronto
Looks like it's ending today.

Kobo Aura Edition 2 for $99.99 is valid from December 26, 2018 through January 2, 2019 at 11:59PM EST on purchases made through ca.kobobooks.com. Offer not valid in conjunction with any other offer or promotion and cannot be used to adjust the amount paid on previous purchases. Rakuten Kobo Inc. reserves the right to change or end this offer at any time without notice.
Oct 19, 2010
219 posts
287 upvotes
Toronto
sleepcover, for when your kobo needs to take a nap
Deal Addict
Jun 7, 2005
1446 posts
294 upvotes
Is the internal memory on these a micro SD card like they used to be?
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
13513 posts
3780 upvotes
Montreal
lotfi.bm wrote:
Jan 2nd, 2019 5:28 pm
Is the internal memory on these a micro SD card like they used to be?
No idea, but these newer models are very hard to open and are glued up on the sides, making it very dangerous to open them unless you absolutely have to (like a battery died and you *must* replace it).

I saw a video that showed some of the newest models actually had an SD card inside, but it's got some type of hidden copy protection on it so you can't just dupe it into a 16 or 32GB card the usual way and then replace it - no boot.
FourDollarama Shut Down My RFD Customer Experience Thread!
Jul 17, 2012
448 posts
176 upvotes
Kamloops
the wife is knows about these things more than me. even though i am expert on most other electronics spec and prices, etc.

she said these things she look for one with physical page turn buttons and micro sd cards. she got the very old kobo book and it was super slow for a while and recently i did a reset on it and it became usable. that old one has a micro sd card slot. i opened it up (like first thing i do to a lot of things), try to remove the sd card inside and it's like locked in with the slot. i have never seen this e ink before and i do have a bit of grudge on the price of such simple device and the speed of these things. not sure if these new ones are fast. for 100 bucks it better turn pages instantly because the old one is very annoyingly slow and waiting for the ink to regenerate. it remind me of when i was in kindergarten there are these writing pad and it becomes black when you write and there is this slider on the bottom to clear it. i always thought those are magnetic. still not sure how those works lol.
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2014
1138 posts
2885 upvotes
Toronto
trellaine201 wrote:
Jan 2nd, 2019 6:41 pm
I’m waiting for Clara :)
Picked up a brand new sealed Kobo Clara HD for $60 bucks on Kijiji. Try there, quite a few folks selling theirs, I guess they got them as gifts.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 30, 2006
9726 posts
959 upvotes
Vancouver
Oh wow. Thanks. Never thought about that.
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
13513 posts
3780 upvotes
Montreal
trellaine201 wrote:
Jan 2nd, 2019 7:11 pm
Oh wow. Thanks. Never thought about that.
Just be sure you don't buy a box of rocks.
Penalty Box
Apr 28, 2017
1116 posts
1212 upvotes
WH0WHAT wrote:
Jan 2nd, 2019 6:51 pm
Picked up a brand new sealed Kobo Clara HD for $60 bucks on Kijiji. Try there, quite a few folks selling theirs, I guess they got them as gifts.
Yeah that's not going to happen
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2014
1138 posts
2885 upvotes
Toronto
User381785 wrote:
Jan 2nd, 2019 7:25 pm
Yeah that's not going to happen
You must live in the Arctic, no wonder.
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
13513 posts
3780 upvotes
Montreal
WH0WHAT wrote:
Jan 2nd, 2019 7:34 pm
You must live in the Arctic, no wonder.
What he means is that it will impossible to find that deal on Kijiji - I regularly look for ereaders and I've never seen one, and I just did a city-wide search for all Kobos and the best deal seems to be a used Glo for $105. :facepalm:

https://www.kijiji.ca/b-grand-montreal/ ... 02?dc=true

In all of Toronto, they are $109 new for a Clara:

https://www.kijiji.ca/b-gta-greater-tor ... 72?dc=true
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2014
1138 posts
2885 upvotes
Toronto
JackWhyte wrote:
Jan 2nd, 2019 7:40 pm
What he means is that it will impossible to find that deal on Kijiji - I regularly look for ereaders and I've never seen one, and I just did a city-wide search for all Kobos and the best deal seems to be a used Glo for $105. :facepalm:

https://www.kijiji.ca/b-grand-montreal/ ... 02?dc=true

In all of Toronto, they are $109 new for a Clara:

https://www.kijiji.ca/b-gta-greater-tor ... 72?dc=true
Impossible? Yeah, no. As previously mentioned I got mine for $60.

When I bought mine a week ago there were at least 3 people selling their Clara’s during that time. Deals on Kijiji come and go.

Patience is a virtue.
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
13513 posts
3780 upvotes
Montreal
WH0WHAT wrote:
Jan 2nd, 2019 7:54 pm
Impossible? Yeah, no. As previously mentioned I got mine for $60.
I've got far better deals than that on Kijiji, but I also realize they are random, one-off opportunities that are almost never repeatable.

And like I said, I have Kobo eReaders on my daily searches, and I've never seen a BNIB Clara for anywhere near that that price. Not saying it didn't happen once, but I also found thousands of $$$ of vintage Star Wars figures at rummage sale, and that ain't happening ever again.