Tags:
None
Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2006
14641 posts
3364 upvotes
Vancouver

Kodi- version check error?

This version check error started happening when I updated an addon. I am on Kodi 16. Everything works fine. How do I get rid of this annoying thing? It only happens when I load Kodi, start up.

Thanks
21 replies
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
24224 posts
43247 upvotes
ONTARIO
System -> Add-ons -> My Add-ons -> Services -> Version Check -> Configure -> Disable Kodi version check
Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2006
14641 posts
3364 upvotes
Vancouver
BobSagget wrote: System -> Add-ons -> My Add-ons -> Services -> Version Check -> Configure -> Disable Kodi version check
That didn't work. I still get "version check" error :(
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
38385 posts
12009 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
trellaine201 wrote: That didn't work. I still get "version check" error :(
That only disables the version check for Kodi, your error is probably from the add on. Disable the add on, sounds like that add on is designed for Kodi 17
Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2006
14641 posts
3364 upvotes
Vancouver
Aww ya maybe that's it. I think so. Can I revert back to the previous version? :/

Thanks
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
38385 posts
12009 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
trellaine201 wrote: Aww ya maybe that's it. I think so. Can I revert back to the previous version? :/

Thanks
I doubt it, even if you can, the add on probably doesn't work. They update it for a reason.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 29, 2005
6758 posts
1785 upvotes
Montreal
Since the question has been answered, I'd like to quasi-hyjack the thread.
It should also be relevant to the OP.

I have 2 boxes - a Nexus with 17.4 and a Beelink with 16.1. The Beelink is my main box and I postponed upgrading for 2 reasons. First, Navi-X wouldn't run on 17. That issue doesn't exist anymore because neither does Navi-X.

The second issue is that with Confluence, I could designate Home page shortcuts. That doesn't seem possible anymore. However, yesterday, I noticed that it might be possible to change the skin back to something similar to confluence. I'm just not sure I can.

Also, many options are rearranged and in non-intuitive places. However, that's something I'll get used to.

So the question is: Security concerns in previous versions aside, Is it time to upgrade to 17.4?
Phils
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
38385 posts
12009 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
Yes it's time to upgrade.

The main advantage in 17 is the support for the new https protocol. You will find that a lot of the addons stopped working in Jarvis because Jarvis doesn't support the new protocol. If you don't use add ons, then this is a moot point.

If you don't like Estuary, you can easily switch back to a Confluence. I suggest you try Aeon NOX for shortcuts.

If your Beelink box is running Android 4.x, then you're stuck with Jarvis.
Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2006
14641 posts
3364 upvotes
Vancouver
If I update Kodi, will all my menus etc change position? I like where everything is. I don't use many addons. That's one reason I don't update. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
38385 posts
12009 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
trellaine201 wrote: If I update Kodi, will all my menus etc change position? I like where everything is. I don't use many addons. That's one reason I don't update. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Most likely.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 29, 2005
6758 posts
1785 upvotes
Montreal
Thanks. My Beelink box is 6.0 and keeps reminding me to upgrade. I've been postponing for months.
Phils
Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2006
14641 posts
3364 upvotes
Vancouver
Btw is there a good Kodi forum to visit? One that allows chatter about addons. The Kodi community forum is blah. Can't talk about what you eat without a warning.

Thank u
Sep 4, 2006
919 posts
92 upvotes
trellaine201 wrote: Btw is there a good Kodi forum to visit? One that allows chatter about addons. The Kodi community forum is blah. Can't talk about what you eat without a warning.

Thank u
I would love to know too. Tks.
-
Oct 29, 2017
1 posts
If you are using any older version of Kodi, please update to new one. Ver 18 is available but it is not stale. You can go for 17.5 which is tstable and fast. You will get more kodi setup guide from here. I had also the same issue on my Marshmallow running TV and now its fixed with Kodi 17.5.
Deal Guru
Feb 4, 2015
10329 posts
6693 upvotes
Canada, Eh!!
You can always upgrade Kodi but then change to old skin that like.

Google had many tutorials.

https://www.google.ca/search?dcr=0&sour ... 4PSXYsk6sg
2022/3: BOC raised 10 times and MCAP raised its prime next day.
2017,2018: BOC raised rates 5 times and MCAP raised its prime next day each time.
2020: BOC dropped rates 3 times and MCAP waited to drop its prime to include all 3 drops.
Nov 24, 2006
717 posts
459 upvotes
london
Gee wrote: That only disables the version check for Kodi, your error is probably from the add on. Disable the add on, sounds like that add on is designed for Kodi 17

Why don't you upgrade to latest version 17? Am I missing something?
Nov 24, 2006
717 posts
459 upvotes
london
sandyriver wrote: I would love to know too. Tks.
I would like to know also. Can someone please PM me with a link.

Thanks in advance

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)