• Last Updated:
  • Jun 8th, 2009 3:03 pm
Tags:
None
Jan 14, 2007
900 posts
65 upvotes

[Zellers] Konka 32" LCD TV $599 at Zellers

Does anybody have any information on the Konka 32" LCD TV advertised on the front cover of the latest Zellers flyer? No additional information is provided in the flyer.
17 replies
Nov 5, 2003
129 posts
3 upvotes
Ottawa
Spend the extra $100.00 and go to Dell and pick up the 32" Westinghouse or wait for the next Dell Deal Days and pick one up even cheaper.

Linky

http://tinyurl.com/3653b2

I picked up the LTV-32w6 HD for under $600.00 last time around and it's a fantastic TV for the money.

Punchy
Deal Guru
Oct 9, 2007
10000 posts
1373 upvotes
Kanata
I just needed to say that...

I'm no stranger to a bargain, but I've never even heard of this outfit. For about the same price, you can get a name brand panel from a company that actually has an identity.
May 1, 2005
392 posts
Konka I believe is the second largest TV maker in China, and in general ranked of the best chinese electronic companies.

That said, punchy_head is right in that the deal probably isn't that great. The Westy he linked to has tons of good reviews, and is due for a price drop in Canada any time now (Bestbuy in the states has it on sale every other week for $579).

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp ... 9512290376
Deal Expert
Jul 29, 2003
16053 posts
912 upvotes
Captain Snazzypants wrote:
Oct 25th, 2007 8:04 pm
I just needed to say that...

I'm no stranger to a bargain, but I've never even heard of this outfit. For about the same price, you can get a name brand panel from a company that actually has an identity.
Konka is a China-based manufacturer of LCDs, cellphones, CRT TVs and digital photo frames. All the V7 brand digital photo frames are done by them.

The most memorable thing about them were the hot babes they had at their 2006 CES booth. :cheesygri
R.I.P. Rick Rypien #37

For Sale:
Some comp hardware soon...

Heatware and HoFo Feedback
Jul 12, 2005
455 posts
99 upvotes
Haz wrote:
Oct 25th, 2007 8:20 pm
The most memorable thing about them were the hot babes they had at their 2006 CES booth. :cheesygri
Post links to these so called 'hot babes' please. :)
Deal Guru
Oct 9, 2007
10000 posts
1373 upvotes
Kanata
Yes, indeed. In the interest of evaluating this statement we need to see these booth babes pronto! Or shall I say "Honka-Tonk women" :cheesygri
Oct 7, 2004
203 posts
5 upvotes
Mississauga
infamouskid wrote:
Oct 25th, 2007 10:13 pm
http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/show ... p?t=505821

this was for a 37 incher at td and i go tit for 599.97 the manager in markham said they are getting more shipment in later this month. but the price would be at 699.97 then.
OK infamouskid, lets not hijack this thread. Can we get back to the important issue here. Where is the link to the booth babes / honka-tonk woman? :cheesygri
Turtletom
Deal Expert
Jul 29, 2003
16053 posts
912 upvotes
NFN_NLN wrote:
Oct 25th, 2007 9:45 pm
Post links to these so called 'hot babes' please. :)

Back on topic:

I actually saw this Konka TV at Zellers but not terribly impressed. I would suspect if you ever had warranty issues, you may have trouble finding a service center even though they claim worldwide service centers.

Here's a little more background.
R.I.P. Rick Rypien #37

For Sale:
Some comp hardware soon...

Heatware and HoFo Feedback
Mar 3, 2007
535 posts
23 upvotes
I've seen them on a few occasions, I would say that the color is terribly flat.. I wasn't really impressed either.
Jan 8, 2007
148 posts
16 upvotes
I went to Konka's location by myself in a industry city called "Mianyang", in the middle of nowhere between the big cities of SzeChuan( Famous Chinese Cuisine).
They started from CRT TV sets and using SAP Software for the management. It's not only the cheap labour they have, a Service Management module from SAP is configured to be used for them, I believe there should be less people and cost required to build a service center in Canada. Same story for Haier, the cheapest frigs I can find in N.A.

It's stupid to ship untested or DOA items from China to here and branding Konka. I believe the quality should be good enough. If they have smaller panel like 26 inch with DVD player, I might think of buying one for the dining room.
Mar 10, 2004
196 posts
7 upvotes
Gooderham
I was Newmarket store the other day and took a gander at the tv's and i noticed that this was the worst looking picture of all the sets there.

just my opinion.
a dell westy $699 person
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2004
4784 posts
685 upvotes
I worked part time at a buddy's audio store in Toronto who carried Konka CRT's. They were very poor quality with so many returns we nicknamed them "Konk Out" brand.
× < >