• Last Updated:
  • Jul 19th, 2018 11:15 am
[OP]
Nov 22, 2012
664 posts
493 upvotes
St. John's

[Koodo] $15 Tablet Plan

Offer available only to existing Koodo customers with a 4G-enabled tablet.

• Bring your own tablet to Koodo with no fixed-term contract!
  • Plans start from $15 a month (3GB, I guess)
  • $30 connection fee (including SIM card) applies when purchased in store. (Heads up: Bring your own tablet is currently only available in store, but it will be available online soon)
  • No Tab charge! You'll only ever pay for the monthly plan you choose

Can new customers activate a tablet with Koodo?
No. At this time, only existing Postpaid (monthly) Koodo customers are able to add a tablet to their account.

Can existing customers add more than 1 tablet to their account?
Yes. Existing customers can add multiple tablets to their account.

What plans are eligible for a tablet?
Existing customers can add a tablet plan starting at $15/month for 3GB of Shock-Free data.* A tablet plan may only be used with a tablet device, and requires that you maintain a Koodo mobile phone plan. If these conditions are not met, Koodo may terminate your tablet plan in accordance with the Service Terms.

Will customers receive Shock-Free data notifications?
Customers using SMS enabled Android devices will receive Shock-Free data SMS alerts (at 50%, 90% and 100%) and their data will get paused once they reach their limit. Customers using Apple or non-SMS enabled devices will not receive Shock-Free data SMS alerts, but their data will get paused once they reach their limit. For both Android and Apple users, if a customer has set up other alert methods (i.e. other phones or emails), they’ll still receive them.

Somebody on the account with authority will be able to unpause data by adding a one-time data top-up from their tablet or via Self Serve at koodo.com/selfserve. A customer without authority will need to contact somebody on the account with authority to unpause data via Self Serve at koodo.com/selfserve.

Are tablets eligible for Refer-a-Friend?
No, tablets are not eligible for the Refer-a-Friend program.

How can customers check their usage?
Customers can check usage on Self Serve (koodo.com/selfserve).
A happy Oneplus 5T owner and Koodo/Fido/Public Mobile.
109 replies
Jan 13, 2005
278 posts
11 upvotes
Toronto, ON
What's a good tablet to use with this plan? And where can i buy a tablet?
I visit clients on-site and i think a tablet will save me from having printed paperwork.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2010
5372 posts
1859 upvotes
Canada
I wonder if you can put the sim in a phone like Fido
Koodo customer
Tangerine customer
May 14, 2007
168 posts
34 upvotes
Vancouver
This is not related to koodo, but anyone know if unlocking for rogers' tablet is free of charge?
I bought it off ebay an 2 years ago, but don't have account with rogers.
Dec 3, 2006
270 posts
52 upvotes
Honger wrote:
Jul 13th, 2018 1:09 am
This is not related to koodo, but anyone know if unlocking for rogers' tablet is free of charge?
I bought it off ebay an 2 years ago, but don't have account with rogers.

Yes they will give you the unlock code for free.
Called them around February to unlock the Xperia Z3 Tablet Compact that I bought outright from them 5yrs ago when I was still with them. Using it on Fido's $15/3gb tablet plan now but tried getting the unlock code from Rogers anyway and they gave it free, provide the IMEI number of the tablet.
My Bell Retention Plan: Using a HTC Raider 4G LTE
200 + 100 Bonus Daytime Minutes, Nat Fab10, 100 Minutes CDN LD, Unlimited Incoming Calls, 6pm Unlimited Evenings & Weekends, Unlimited Outgoing Text, Unlimited Incoming Text, Unlimited Picture & Video Messaging, 6GB LTE Data, Unlimited Social Messaging, VoiceMail and Caller ID
After Fees & Taxes is $71.20 Monthly
Jan 21, 2018
76 posts
13 upvotes
RFDQ1016 wrote:
Jul 13th, 2018 12:52 am
I wonder if you can put the sim in a phone like Fido
I wanna do this too since there's no decent phone plans right now, might as well add 3gb for $15 if I could... I'm with Fido too...
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2008
3028 posts
413 upvotes
Edmonton
I'd prefer this over Fido just because of shock-free data. Altho fido has been very good with loyalty discounts.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 5, 2006
5935 posts
649 upvotes
Toronto
casperr wrote:
Jul 13th, 2018 1:33 am
I'd prefer this over Fido just because of shock-free data. Altho fido has been very good with loyalty discounts.
Yeah, Fido offered me 50% off = $7.50/mo. when I called to cancel.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 1, 2013
5047 posts
1786 upvotes
redflagdeals.com
What's the overage rate after 3GB? Is it $7/100mb? If so, it doesn't come close to Fido's $10/1GB overage. If you plan on staying under 3GB, I guess it's fine if you're already a Koodo customer.
A wise RFD'er once said, "Buy now, think later."
I like wearing tinfoil hats.

¯\_(-.-)_/¯

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ "Behold!"
Feb 14, 2007
115 posts
41 upvotes
Nice to see they are finally adding this. I guess time will tell how picky they are about using it in a tablet only. I see overages on the $15 plan are 7 times more expensive then Fido. I'd use the plan with a laptop myself but with Fido's 50 or 100% discount I won't be switching anytime soon.
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2006
1798 posts
235 upvotes
Just wait until they entice people to add a tablet plan with deals.. this is regular price.
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2013
2316 posts
565 upvotes
Scarborough
iverson wrote:
Jul 13th, 2018 12:38 am
What's a good tablet to use with this plan? And where can i buy a tablet?
I visit clients on-site and i think a tablet will save me from having printed paperwork.
What's stopping you from using a tablet now and tethering from your mobile device?
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2017
3422 posts
543 upvotes
OrangeBerry wrote:
Jul 13th, 2018 4:51 am
What's stopping you from using a tablet now and tethering from your mobile device?
it kills your battery fast when u thether hotspot from your phone, i hate doing it..rather have a separate sim card LTE tablet device...aka the LG pad from fido is perfect imo course with 1 year free UNLIMITED data too lol
*SIG: OptiPlex™ 790 i5-2400 @3.1ghz 12gb DDR3 ram win10pro w/radeon rx460 rogers gigabit VIP using D-Link DIR-890L AC3200

Thread Information

There are currently 11 users viewing this thread. (6 members and 5 guests)

rrabbit10, martin_nv, cool canuck, coldmantis, sookiesdream, bob5593