Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Koodo

$150 bill credit AND/OR 6GB/$50 [existing customers only]

• Last Updated:
  • May 15th, 2019 5:40 pm
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
29536 posts
20456 upvotes
Rogido wrote: I don't recall if this has been discussed earlier, but is the $150 bill credit supposed to appear anywhere when you log on and go the Shop for Phone page? Or will it just appear on your bill after you've upgraded and added a Tab? I got the text offer, but I don't see anything about a $150 bill credit.
Back in March it appeared as a banner in the phone page. It's also confirmed when a phone is added to the cart. They need to display the cost breakdown before you commit to the purchase.
Public Mobile customer, $34/50GB CAN-US, $29/30GB, $24/4GB
Tangerine, EQ, Simplii, HSBC customer
Deal Expert
Feb 13, 2012
16158 posts
5679 upvotes
VANCOUVER
will888 wrote: Back in March it appeared as a banner in the phone page. It's also confirmed when a phone is added to the cart. They need to display the cost breakdown before you commit to the purchase.
I guess I'm going to have to call in for clarification, because I'm not seeing the credit anywhere.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 26, 2009
5427 posts
5283 upvotes
GTA
Big boo from Koodo this time. Text messages sent with $150 credit, but nothing mentioned when you log in. Prices jacked up big time from week ago, thinking customers are dumb monkeys and have no idea what the phone's price was couple days ago. I will think again when Black Friday's deals start coming in.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 3, 2006
9101 posts
4566 upvotes
12 days north of Hop…
will888 wrote: Back in March it appeared as a banner in the phone page. It's also confirmed when a phone is added to the cart. They need to display the cost breakdown before you commit to the purchase.
I had the same banner a week ago for the $100 credit, but nothing actually showed up in the cart. Maybe because I still had a tab on another phone, not sure.
Dec 3, 2006
247 posts
22 upvotes
I also got a text saying i can get 6G for $50 or $150 bill credit when i upgrade my phone (says i can get both if i do it online). When i login to their website, i also get $45 for 4GB as an option.

I just tried logging in today and now i see a whole lot more deals show up with the credit. I do get $150 bill credits spread over 6 months for certain phones. I am trying to find one where i get the whole credit and also can get the 4GB for $45....no luck yet.
Deal Guru
Jan 6, 2005
12251 posts
3582 upvotes
So confusing. I have never understood this TAB business, came over to Koodo with the BYOD plan of $60 for 10 GB...
Got a text that I am sure said $70 for 8 GB and $75 for 10 Gb if I upgrade to small or medium tab, and I thought I read about getting the $150 credit. When I log into my account, I only see the 2 deal plans, IF I take on a tab.. I am paying less already... Confused.

To add to it, I add the P20 to my cart to see, keep my existing plan, shows $40 activation credit, then says -$360, but click that, it's the $15 over 24 months tab, then still over $350 at checkout for the remainder of the phone?
So pretty much I am paying retail if I took that deal?
Not sure why I ever get the deals as they are never better than what I have.
The first rule of RFD is, you do not talk about RFD.

The second rule of RFD is, you DO NOT talk about RFD.
Dec 3, 2006
247 posts
22 upvotes
jstyle wrote: can u get the 150 off the iphone xs
I can get it for TAB Medium, it's $100 for the other ones. That's what i see on the website anyway.
Images
  • Koodo.PNG
Deal Expert
Feb 13, 2012
16158 posts
5679 upvotes
VANCOUVER
Acadian wrote: I also got a text saying i can get 6G for $50 or $150 bill credit when i upgrade my phone (says i can get both if i do it online). When i login to their website, i also get $45 for 4GB as an option.

I just tried logging in today and now i see a whole lot more deals show up with the credit. I do get $150 bill credits spread over 6 months for certain phones. I am trying to find one where i get the whole credit and also can get the 4GB for $45....no luck yet.
Yup, same here. The bill credits have now been updated on the account. It may have been the long weekend which caused the delay in the account getting updated.
Mar 23, 2018
6 posts
The catch here is, when you choose to carry on with your existing plan, $150 credits is not getting applied. Only when you choose a new plan, then $150 credits is getting applied. So this will be good if you don't have anything to loose from your existing plan but when you have some free add-ons or credits, you have to lose it for the $150 credit.
Mar 23, 2018
6 posts
I think whoever has some benefits or credits in the existing plan won't see $150 credits getting added in the cart when you try to upgrade phone with the existing plan. They want to take away the existing benefits for the new benefit Winking Face
Apr 24, 2014
993 posts
2463 upvotes
I had decided to order the P20 online yesterday to take advantage of the $150 bill credit.

For those who have questions or unsure how to get the P20, make sure you login to your account via self serve and check to see if you're qualified for the bill credit offer. There should be a banner or message on the top-right corner that will display the bill credit offer.

If you're qualified, go to the Shop --> Phones webpage. This will be YPMV (your phones may varied), as some users from different cities/provinces doesn't show the P20 included in the offer. It has to show a purple box on the tab displaying,
"Sweet Deal! This offer includes
- Up to $150 in bill credits over 6 months ($25 off/month)
- Applicable on Tab Medium. Expires October 18th, 2018)"

You should be able to keep your current plan as long as it is more than the Koodo minimum plan ($35 for Med tab). I am not too sure about my current add-ons are kept, as i have an extra 2GB of data that expires next year. I will post an update later once I have received my order and look into my account on self serve if it is still present.

I have attached a screenshot of the payment screen before placing the order. Near the bottom shows the monthly bill credit of $25 has been applied to the order.
Images
  • Screenshot Koodo Payment Screen.png
  • Promo Banner.png
Wear shoes instead of sandals or going barefoot when walking to the smoker/grill.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 3, 2006
9101 posts
4566 upvotes
12 days north of Hop…
funtime24 wrote: I think whoever has some benefits or credits in the existing plan won't see $150 credits getting added in the cart when you try to upgrade phone with the existing plan. They want to take away the existing benefits for the new benefit Winking Face
I don't have it on mine but I got a very similar offer last billing cycle, for $100 bill credit, even though nothing actually showed up in the phone purchase site. I'm on $40/6GB with a medium tab, and the plans sounded like trying to push me onto $60/10GB.

Friend has this offer on his line, he is on $48/5GB MB/SK with no tab.
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2005
2020 posts
1035 upvotes
Scarborough
Uberclk wrote: existing customer, just received this..

would have went for it if i had op's offer..
this was my offer above, so not really interested in the deal but when i log into my account and click on the msg that had the offer of 6GB for $55 or 10GB for $60 it took me to another window and became 8GB for $55 or 10GB for $60.. while not all the phones had $150 bill credit, most were but an example with the P20 was only $100 bill credit, so did it become upto $150?
Dec 22, 2011
387 posts
570 upvotes
London
timbertick wrote: The only offer I have is 50$ credit for LG g6. P20 is on all tab small plus 120...
Same. I actually need a new phone too :(
Dec 3, 2006
247 posts
22 upvotes
Rogido wrote: Yup, same here. The bill credits have now been updated on the account. It may have been the long weekend which caused the delay in the account getting updated.
I had to call koodo. He made me pick a phone and a random plan. Then he chsnged my plan manually.

Final result was:

Huawei p20 for $360 tab medium
$45/month 4GB unlimites minutes
$150 bill credit ($25 × 6 months)

I'm pretty happy with that.
Sep 26, 2018
3 posts
Thanks for this post! I never got this promotion sent to me or applied to my account. Called koodo and the rep offered only $50 off. I nicely asked if he can offer more or transfer me to a different department for a deal matching the $150 promo. Spoke with marketing (I think) and she said "are you calling to get the $200 phone credit", yes please!!! So she applied the $200 credit for a tab large on the samsung s9 (I asked for this specifically). It's normally $200 down so I made that back in monthly credit applied over the next 6mo. I just got off the phone with wow and they offered the same $200 credit to my account but also trade-in credit of $165 for my iphone 6 (which I would have sold on ebay, currently selling at ~$115). I'll take the hit with the $30 activation charge and trade-in that way I save the headache of selling on ebay (and then of course paying ebay selling fees). I'll post again if any of this changes when I go in store.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)