Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Koodo

1GB Free Data For 6 Months

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 17th, 2017 3:12 am
Tags:
Nov 6, 2008
200 posts
82 upvotes
Calgary, AB

[Koodo] 1GB Free Data For 6 Months

Hi. I am on koodo Manitoba $48 plan. yesterday I received a txt message from koodo that they are offering me 1GB of free data for six months. If i agree then send a msg as "YES". I spoke to one of their representatives which confirmed about this offer being active since yesterday and there is no catch. i replied with "YES" and it got added to my 5Gb data right away. So I have 6GB data now for six months. You can call and try as this offer is active right now but i dont know when it is going to expire.

Cheers
91 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2007
4879 posts
2787 upvotes
Ontario
Question: are you legitimately on the $48 plan, or black market?
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2008
1754 posts
493 upvotes
Got the same text, but didn't verify. Sounded shady even if it appeared to be legitimate.
Nov 6, 2008
200 posts
82 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Slawek wrote: Question: are you legitimately on the $48 plan, or black market?
I am in Calgary :-)
Nov 6, 2008
200 posts
82 upvotes
Calgary, AB
saffant wrote: Got the same text, but didn't verify. Sounded shady even if it appeared to be legitimate.
It is legitimate. You must have received the txt from "5190". After i got the confirmation msg, i checked it in selfserve right away and it shows 6GB of data now. Txt also says that i can remove it from my add ons if i want.
Nov 13, 2009
660 posts
306 upvotes
Oakville
I received the same message
And checked my account online and now i have 6 gb
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2008
1754 posts
493 upvotes
scorpionkami wrote: It is legitimate. You must have received the txt from "5190". After i got the confirmation msg, i checked it in selfserve right away and it shows 6GB of data now. Txt also says that i can remove it from my add ons if i want.
Yea just confirmed. It's legitimate indeed. I already knew about this, but forgot about it so thanks for reminder.
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2013
1667 posts
1559 upvotes
Montr
I got the same sms.

Question: we should send the YES to the same number that has sent us the message, right? Thanks
Deal Addict
Apr 28, 2004
1360 posts
744 upvotes
"Reply YES by July 15..."

What other number would you "reply" to?
Jul 13, 2009
926 posts
186 upvotes
Does it automatically remove the 1gb after 6months?
Or keep the 1gb and then subsequently charge to the bill?
Thanks.
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2010
1921 posts
214 upvotes
I just sent YES to 5190, even though I haven't got any text. Let's see if this works
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2008
4175 posts
1483 upvotes
Calgary
I did not get the message either, let us know ahato if that works lol
Mar 14, 2003
261 posts
81 upvotes
Interesting, do you happen to have a tab too?

This is the text I received yesterday.

Koodo: thanks for choosing Koodo! To say 'thanks', we'd like to offer you an exclusive $50 discount when you upgrade to any new phone with the Tab by August 31, 2016. This offer is available at Koodo Shop locations. Monthly Tab charge and conditions apply.
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2007
1503 posts
122 upvotes
What abt for people who are on the 48$ MB plan during when they had the promo for the extra 1GB? So right now, we have 5GB base plus 1GB bonus (that doesnt expire)
Should we try texting that number and risk making it 7GB? :cheesygri
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2008
4175 posts
1483 upvotes
Calgary
You have an extra 1GB that doesn't expire? I must have missed that offer
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2007
1503 posts
122 upvotes
casperr wrote: You have an extra 1GB that doesn't expire? I must have missed that offer
yeah. it was during sept last year i believe. Black friday deal i think
Dec 21, 2010
66 posts
46 upvotes
ToronTom wrote: What abt for people who are on the 48$ MB plan during when they had the promo for the extra 1GB? So right now, we have 5GB base plus 1GB bonus (that doesnt expire)
Should we try texting that number and risk making it 7GB? :cheesygri
Confirmed this is valid. I am in AB on the same $48 plan and signed up during the +1GB Data promo (was actually Boxing Day to New Years day) and just replied "YES" after seeing this thread. I got instant email from Koodo and confirmed via my account on mobile app.

7GB + Unlimited Calling & Messaging in Canada for $48.. Now thats an RFD Win :D
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2007
1503 posts
122 upvotes
macknup wrote: Confirmed this is valid. I am in AB on the same $48 plan and signed up during the +1GB Data promo (was actually Boxing Day to New Years day) and just replied "YES" after seeing this thread. I got instant email from Koodo and confirmed via my account on mobile app.

7GB + Unlimited Calling & Messaging in Canada for $48.. Now thats an RFD Win :D
just replied. will let you know how it goes.
Im in toronto if you havent figured that out by my RFDid :D
Temp. Banned
Aug 7, 2011
6623 posts
998 upvotes
Vaughan
I got this too.

I'm not doing it. Just in case Koodo tries to pull a fast one in six months and make me change my plan.