Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Koodo

Koodo $35/5GB or $40/8GB - Public Mobile Migration plus $180 bill credit

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 29th, 2020 11:17 am
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2006
4254 posts
5605 upvotes
Muskoka

[Koodo] Koodo $35/5GB or $40/8GB - Public Mobile Migration plus $180 bill credit

Just got a text.

I am still on the 2016 Fall promo - this is getting crazy

Switch to Koodo and get 5GB of data for $35/month OR 8GB of data for $40/month! PLUS $180 in bill credits. Plans include unlimited Canada-wide minutes & unlimited international text. You may be eligible for a $0 phone with the Koodo Tab. Switch online at https://Koo.do/choosekoodo or at your nearest Koodo location and use promo code JOINKOODOAUGDATA by September 4th, 2018. Offer available for ???????. You're included on the list for Public Mobile offers and deals. To be excluded, reply unsubscribe. *Conditions apply

MOD REMINDER: Like the $45 / 8GB deal, there will be no discussion about any scams or loopholes to gain access to this plan.
Images
  • 180822-MMS-EN.jpg
Last edited by spots01 on Aug 24th, 2018 3:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Public Mobile
Thread Summary
Offer Extended until SEPTEMBER 30

Steps to get this
You must have a Public Mobile Phone Number with a qualifying plan. Signing up for a PM account right now will not give you this deal.
Bill credits ($180/12 months = $15) will appear on the 2nd bill
Some of the eligible plans
$40 2GB 3G Data
$40 2.5GB 3G Data
$40 4GB 3G Data
$40 4.5 GB 3G Data
$40 4GB LTE Data
Suthek wrote: Anyone confirm if new PM activations will work for this promo?
(If I sign up right now)
Have been following this thread since the beginning and reading every post and it's hard to tell. The only think I know 100% sure is that 10$ PM plans aren't eligible. Some might have been able to switch but we don't have all the details in order for me to give a 100% accurate answer.

Don't both trying with talk & text only plans (including but not limited to $10, $25 plans).

1 - Go to Koodo.com and add a phone or SIM card to shopping cart. For SIM only pick "Bring your own phone" under "Shop" menu bar
2 - In Shopping cart you will see "Got a Promo" link
3 - Enter JOINKOODOAUGDATA
4 - When prompted, enter your Public Mobile phone number to see if it qualifies
5 - Select add to cart
6 - Select Pick a Plan
7 - You should see the new plans listed $35/5GB and $40/8GB and a note about $180 bill credit.

Other - If you do this in store, which is an option, you will get a $30 connection fee, but you may also get extra Gift cards if you combine this with a new phone.

Other (2) - If you know someone who got this offer on PM but don't plan on switching, you can use their phone number (with their permission of course!) to get the plan for yourself while letting them keep their current PM plan.
1 - Follow steps as outlined as above to add the plans to cart.
2 - Continue with the checkout process as usual.
3 - Once you get to step 3 ("Create Account") in the checkout screens, be absolutely, absolutely sure that you click the "give me a new number" button.
4 - Checkout normally.
5 - All finished! After the SIM card arrives and you've activated your account, port in your number if you wish.
^If porting in a number that is not from a PM account, make sure to use ONLY the self-serve portal so that it doesn't raise any red flags with Koodo.^

It seems for now (Aug 24) that both plans are eligible for medium tab plans.
And both plans qualify for the $180 credit which is $15 over the next 12 months

Koodo also has a $50 referral credit promo. Please do not ask for referrals in this thread as it is against RFD policy

If you're an existing Koodo customer AND is using this promo to migrate another line from PM (Add Another Line), you can add $35/5GB or $40/8GB plan to your account through Walmart along with an add-on of 2GB for free ($40/10GB), the rep just has to put in the code. In case the Walmart rep plays dumb or genuinely doesn't know, try telling them the code is KOODOAAL2GB. Code was meant for $50+ plan, this is YMMV.

As stated above, getting a PM plan now will not allow you to get this plan. Signing up for a PM line now offers you the potential opportunity of migrating to a better Koodo plan if other migration deals do surface; there is no guarantee that there will be better deals in the future or deals at all, for that matter. Do it at your own risk.

If you have ported your number and it's stuck, call the porting center 1-844-232-7678
8573 replies
Nov 21, 2010
54 posts
89 upvotes
Toronto
Just got a text fromm Koodo. $35/ month for 5GB and $40 for 8GB.
Aug 31, 2015
27 posts
8 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
Just got the same txt as well. And I haven't even received the previous $45/8G sim card+activation email yet. Guess I will go to a retail store and see if they can stop my previous plan and move me to this one.
Nov 24, 2013
86 posts
91 upvotes
STOUFFVILLE
How can I get that plan without PM, I need 2 lines....
BMW & Mini Maps Update/Coding
Unlimited Google Drive Account
Dec 3, 2012
563 posts
210 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Full text body:
Switch to Koodo and get 5GB of data for $35/month OR 8GB of data for $40/month! PLUS $180 in bill credits. Plans include unlimited Canada-wide minutes & unlimited international text. You may be eligible for a $0 phone with the Koodo Tab. Switch online at https://Koo.do/choosekoodo or at your nearest Koodo location and use promo code JOINKOODOAUGDATA by September 4th, 2018.
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2004
3308 posts
181 upvotes
Holy crap yes! Even better deal than the last!
Deal Addict
May 16, 2006
4308 posts
597 upvotes
just got this, wow this is hot. they really want us off Public Mobile!!!
Jan 3, 2013
504 posts
282 upvotes
Raincouver
WTF?

Dam I should have bought a PM number!

Here we go again LOL
Koodo $35/month 5 gigs
Fido Tablet plan $15/month Free for a year
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.
Apr 17, 2015
991 posts
863 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Waiting to get that.. only got the $25 credit promo offer yesterday. Wish they offered this plan to the public too.
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2014
2456 posts
2953 upvotes
Toronto, ON
WOOOOOOOOO Just got the text

LOL NOPE PUBLIC

I like my 90day/$100/12GB a lot thank you very much

I feel bad for anyone who caved early and switched in March

Last edited by blackston3 on Aug 24th, 2018 2:51 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Deal Addict
May 14, 2005
1005 posts
744 upvotes
Ontario
Got the same text, wow I'm so glad I resisted the $45 8gb plan from that other thread.
Jul 16, 2017
10 posts
13 upvotes
Mississauga
Got the text as well.

I'm still holding strong to my 12GB/3 months plan with PM. Paying $105+taxes after loyalty discounts. I remember earlier this year, people were joking around about holding on until Koodo increases the data to 8Gb+.

Well that day has come, and I'm still trying to hold steady...

8GB!!
Apr 24, 2012
296 posts
269 upvotes
Markham, ON
I just got this text too. What do I do??? My 90 days just renewed. Tell me now!!!
Mar 16, 2015
143 posts
109 upvotes
vancouver
Just received this text as well.

The fun part is that I completely switched to Koodo from Public Mobile just 4 days ago on the $45 8gb plan by using my public mobile phone number and the promo code. Their system still thinks I am with Public Mobile.

Can I change my plan from $45 to $40 somehow if anyone has any idea?
another one.
Mar 14, 2016
287 posts
845 upvotes
Toronto
I switched to Koodo just this week from PM and i still managed to get the text!!
Ordering in a SIM card now before PM/Koodo catch on!
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2006
4254 posts
5605 upvotes
Muskoka
CDA wrote: Oops sorry!
no need to apologize. I only beat you by 1 minute
Public Mobile
Deal Expert
Oct 19, 2003
20241 posts
8367 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
Here is my problem with these deals still.

With my PM plans, they're kind of gone on record and even reversed course on this plan and price being good for "as long as you keep it".

If I switch to this Koodo plan (which is finally actually better value than I get from public mobile), how long is it going to last until they crank up the price and you start wishing you had that PM 12GB 90 day plan again?

My next 90 days payment is due september 23, so I wouldn't lose much if I switched the start of sept, and be net ahead after the plan credit.
Last edited by BinaryJay on Aug 24th, 2018 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jun 15, 2016
385 posts
242 upvotes
I switched to Koodo last week from Public , still waiting for my Koodo sim card and I received this same message even though I already switched!!

Is there anyway I can take advantage of this deal.