Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Koodo

Koodo $35/5GB or $40/8GB - Public Mobile Migration plus $180 bill credit

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 29th, 2020 11:17 am
Deal Fanatic
Nov 29, 2007
6073 posts
6034 upvotes
No Bum Deals
embguy wrote: No problem at all.

I used my Vanilla Visa GC without registration. I just use "For You", which is printed on the card, as my name.
Yup. For those transactions that have problems, you can enter the post code of the Koodo account to help authenticate. You can't change the name and must always put what is on the card. They usually go through after that is done. It depends on both the card issuer and how much authentication the merchant requires.
. 🡻 ԀՈ ⅄∀Ϻ SIHꓕ 🡻
Deal Addict
Dec 15, 2004
1476 posts
87 upvotes
Toronto
pazivai wrote: Yes, You will need a PM plan activated to do so
Just to clarify, I can move my current phone number to the new pm plan and remaining my existing plan with a new phone number?
Mar 25, 2006
757 posts
162 upvotes
Hamilton
I remember there was a way to call into Koodo and bypass there insane wait times.. can someone tell me the trick?
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
41801 posts
30055 upvotes
Center of Universe
oncl0ud9 wrote: I remember there was a way to call into Koodo and bypass there insane wait times.. can someone tell me the trick?
Call from a non-Koodo number?
Deal Fanatic
Nov 29, 2007
6073 posts
6034 upvotes
No Bum Deals
oncl0ud9 wrote: I remember there was a way to call into Koodo and bypass there insane wait times.. can someone tell me the trick?
When calling during weekday office hours, you can initiate a callback.
. 🡻 ԀՈ ⅄∀Ϻ SIHꓕ 🡻
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
29540 posts
20458 upvotes
luckiecookie wrote: Just to clarify, I can move my current phone number to the new pm plan and remaining my existing plan with a new phone number?
No, not possible. Your current line will close if you port the number.
Public Mobile customer, $34/50GB CAN-US, $29/30GB, $24/4GB
Tangerine, EQ, Simplii, HSBC customer
Jul 3, 2016
293 posts
216 upvotes
vkizzle wrote: To be safe, I would suggest activating the Koodo line and you will simply pay for two lines until you're ready to port out of PM.
I definitely would just like I did with the $45/8 gb plan but i was advised to cancel that line by a csr and its gone. I still have my pm line and waiting on my new sim card to activate the $40 plan asap
Jun 30, 2013
676 posts
266 upvotes
GTA
luckiecookie wrote: Just to clarify, I can move my current phone number to the new pm plan and remaining my existing plan with a new phone number?
No, As Will888 mentioned, the moment you port out any number, that plan is lost in space, forever, and bye bye, it never comes back,
I only response to real deals, otherwise I am blank
Self Referral Tips for Koodo - Click here...
Edited by the RFD Moderation Team due to the 4 line limit
Feb 3, 2013
35 posts
22 upvotes
Coquitlam
Anyone with a current employee discount able to get the $40/8GB plan? I currently have the $48/5GB Manitoba plan and I called in yesterday, got transferred to a supervisor and best he did was gave me the Bonus 1GB for life. Now I'm paying $48 - 25% off employee discount = $36/6GB. Wondering if anyone was able to get $40 - 25% off employee discount = $30/8GB?
Deal Addict
Apr 17, 2016
2835 posts
2774 upvotes
Ottawa
I've been planning on signing my wife up for this in store (she's getting the S9+ and in-store you can get retailers' bonus offers, gift cards etc.) so I haven't been paying much attention to the discussion about signing up online. But now I might buy the phone from Amazon since it's on sale and works out cheaper over 24 months.

If I sign her up for this plan online, what's the estimated timeline between submitting my order and having service on her new phone?
I am a current Public Mobile customer and Koodo customer.
Aug 16, 2009
409 posts
386 upvotes
I ordered the $45 for 8gb sim and received it the other day. Haven’t activated yet. Today I got a email saying you changed plans. Removed $45 for 8gb. Added $40 for 8gb. This is pretty nice. I wanted to get it but never put in any effort to change it. Any chance they also added the $180 credit?
Aug 28, 2018
6 posts
Any tips on getting your call transferred out of the El Salvador call center?
Is there a time in the day where most people who called were able to speak to a Canadian rep? I've called twice during the afternoon on a weekday (around 1-2pm PST) and have had no success switching my plan from 40/6 to 40/8 as the call always seems to meet a dead end with a 'supervisor' in the El Salvador call center..
Deal Addict
Jan 27, 2007
1479 posts
1645 upvotes
cappaj wrote: I've been planning on signing my wife up for this in store (she's getting the S9+ and in-store you can get retailers' bonus offers, gift cards etc.) so I haven't been paying much attention to the discussion about signing up online. But now I might buy the phone from Amazon since it's on sale and works out cheaper over 24 months.

If I sign her up for this plan online, what's the estimated timeline between submitting my order and having service on her new phone?
From reading all the posts. I would say around 10 days. There is even an alert on the koodo website saying 7-10 days.
Aug 23, 2018
15 posts
1 upvote
criveros87 wrote: Today I got the $40/8GB from the $45/8GB, no credit unfortunately.

Will try to get the credit tomorrow.

Any tips?
akilana wrote: I ordered the $45 for 8gb sim and received it the other day. Haven’t activated yet. Today I got a email saying you changed plans. Removed $45 for 8gb. Added $40 for 8gb. This is pretty nice. I wanted to get it but never put in any effort to change it. Any chance they also added the $180 credit?
your Number must be in their data base, otherwise you guys wont get the 180 credits
Aug 23, 2018
15 posts
1 upvote
I got the $40/8GB from the $45/8GB the other day , no credit,because i know i dont qualify .

so my question is that can i change my $40/8 plan to $35/5G plan ??? and my refers will be still there ,right ?
Aug 23, 2018
15 posts
1 upvote
akilana wrote: So I activate and then call them for credits?
ni your number qulify, they will enter your number to their data base, or they will ask you to bring your phone with text promotion show the retail store,i believe .
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2005
3176 posts
691 upvotes
HenryW44769 wrote: I got the $40/8GB from the $45/8GB the other day , no credit,because i know i dont qualify .

so my question is that can i change my $40/8 plan to $35/5G plan ??? and my refers will be still there ,right ?
Changing plans don't impact referrals. Not sure if they will change you plan though.
Deal Addict
Sep 1, 2007
2909 posts
2565 upvotes
Surrey
HenryW44769 wrote: I got the $40/8GB from the $45/8GB the other day , no credit,because i know i dont qualify .

that doesn't make sense. How did u get the plan if you don't qualify?
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
41801 posts
30055 upvotes
Center of Universe
ffonly wrote: that doesn't make sense. How did u get the plan if you don't qualify?
"Borrowed" somebody's number.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)