Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Koodo

Koodo $35/5GB or $40/8GB - Public Mobile Migration plus $180 bill credit

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 29th, 2020 11:17 am
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2007
3735 posts
3498 upvotes
yogiz wrote: Tried with no luck. Both are $10 plans. had $45/8GB offer but not this one :rolleyes:
That sucks :/ Keep that tip in mind as it'll re-text any offers even if you delete the original message.
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2009
2858 posts
3893 upvotes
Stoney Creek, ON
pazivai wrote: Though Koodo prepaid sims are pricey, but that's the fastest route.
They are, you can risk getting one on eBay for less than everywhere else ($20). But I didn't want to fart around and the Walmart I went to were out of public SIMs, you're basically looking at $20+tax for the SIM from Koodo Prepaid (green/purple) it comes with $20 "in activation credits" but in reality it's only $5, as the remaining $15 is broken down over your next 3 topups, since you don't plan on "sticking around" you'll only see $5. Then the cheapest plan is $15 for unlimited txt, so all in you're looking at $20 +tax, -$5, + $10+tax
Last edited by remik on Aug 30th, 2018 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
May 20, 2017
1222 posts
479 upvotes
spotts01 wrote: People - you are eligible for the $35 or $40 plans once you complete the order so long as that occurs before the promotion expires. If you add the $35 or $40 plan to your shopping cart and successfully checkout, you are good. It does not matter when they ship the SIM, it does not matter when you get the SIM, it does not matter when they activate your plan. Checking out locks in your plan
I guess you work for KOODO Grinning Face With Smiling EyesGrinning FaceHugging Face keep up the good works bud,we need few more guys like you at RFD
Deal Addict
May 14, 2006
1250 posts
702 upvotes
GTA
It's weird but I get better reception on PM than I do on Koodo.
Apr 14, 2018
230 posts
303 upvotes
Data Point: Just received a phone call from Koodo Activation to confirm details of my account! It's coming!

Ordered on the 24th, so about 6 days backlog.
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2007
3735 posts
3498 upvotes
Kinata wrote: It's weird but I get better reception on PM than I do on Koodo.
That's quite odd as I get better reception on Koodo :/ There was always a dead spot with PM on my drive, now it's gone and I stay on LTE
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2004
3970 posts
3749 upvotes
GVRD
Chronic1974 wrote: Anyone with a current employee discount able to get the $40/8GB plan? I currently have the $48/5GB Manitoba plan and I called in yesterday, got transferred to a supervisor and best he did was gave me the Bonus 1GB for life. Now I'm paying $48 - 25% off employee discount = $36/6GB. Wondering if anyone was able to get $40 - 25% off employee discount = $30/8GB?
Should be able to because they take the discount on one of the line. If you are able to get the plan (add a line or change it), the discount should apply, you can just re-submit the paperwork to make sure as they get back to you fairly quick.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2014
1657 posts
2172 upvotes
Kinata wrote: It's weird but I get better reception on PM than I do on Koodo.
orbitdesign wrote:
That's quite odd as I get better reception on Koodo :/ There was always a dead spot with PM on my drive, now it's gone and I stay on LTE
It's the same network lol
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2007
3735 posts
3498 upvotes
chhotadon wrote: It's the same network lol
I'm fully aware of that, just stating what I've noticed and I check every time I drive in that spot now and I stay connected. Before my music would cut out if I changed songs and calls would drop. Now they don't.
Jun 26, 2012
102 posts
118 upvotes
Vancouver
Watoko wrote: Data Point: Just received a phone call from Koodo Activation to confirm details of my account! It's coming!

Did you open new account? Or was it on an existing account?
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
29536 posts
20456 upvotes
Watoko wrote: Data Point: Just received a phone call from Koodo Activation to confirm details of my account! It's coming!

Ordered the same day, so far no shipping/activation email yet. Waiting patiently. Nice to know they are working on 24th orders.
Public Mobile customer, $34/50GB CAN-US, $29/30GB, $24/4GB
Tangerine, EQ, Simplii, HSBC customer
Feb 3, 2013
35 posts
22 upvotes
Coquitlam
Omg, after waiting for 1.5hrs, El Salvador rep and non-supervisor gave me Bonus 2GB for Life in addition to my Manitoba $48 plan. Previous El Salvador supervisor was only able to give me Bonus 1GB for life.
After my employee 25% discount works out to be $36/7GB! He even gave me a $50 credit towards a new phone! Happy, Happy, day!! Thumbs Up SignSmiling Face With Smiling EyesThumbs Up Sign

And only my second call in too. Thumbs Up SignSmiling Face With Smiling EyesThumbs Up Sign
Apr 14, 2018
230 posts
303 upvotes
kearny wrote: Did you open new account? Or was it on an existing account?
Opened a new account.
Mar 7, 2007
221 posts
53 upvotes
I just received an email asking about my two koodo lines as well. Looks like my orders were approved. I ordered on Aug 24 fyi
Dec 21, 2009
578 posts
154 upvotes
Toronto
Just called in and the supervisor is able to add another 2GB for free, so I am on 40$/8gb now. The customer service agent can not do anything with it, have to talk to the supervisor.
Deal Addict
Aug 18, 2010
1448 posts
2156 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone else get a call from webstore? I just got a voicemail from them.. they want to do further "investigation".. hmm lol
Last edited by justasomeone on Aug 30th, 2018 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
May 20, 2017
1222 posts
479 upvotes
will888 wrote: Ordered the same day, so far no shipping/activation email yet. Waiting patiently. Nice to know they are working on 24th orders.
May be later in the afternoon,is still early now Grinning Face
Sep 7, 2007
141 posts
45 upvotes
BC
Chronic1974 wrote: Omg, after waiting for 1.5hrs, El Salvador rep and non-supervisor gave me Bonus 2GB for Life in addition to my Manitoba $48 plan. Previous El Salvador supervisor was only able to give me Bonus 1GB for life.
After my employee 25% discount works out to be $36/7GB! He even gave me a $50 credit towards a new phone! Happy, Happy, day!! Thumbs Up SignSmiling Face With Smiling EyesThumbs Up Sign

And only my second call in too. Thumbs Up SignSmiling Face With Smiling EyesThumbs Up Sign
how did u gey employee 25% discount?
Aug 13, 2018
58 posts
41 upvotes
So I ordered a Koodo Sim Last Week during the previous migration offer, and have received no emails since the initial order. I just received a package from Canada Post with a Koodo Sim inside of it with no information about my phone number or account number. There was a packing slip inside that did reference a customer number though. I don't have anything to register for the Koodo Self Serve account with at all. Should I have not received an email with this information. I also thought they said I would receive tracking information for the SIM, but I received it without getting any tracking information. Seems odd to me.

I'm just happy I received the SIM at all to be honest with you though, because it took me 3 attempts to get it because I had a fraud alert flag on my Credit File and this caused my first 2 attempts getting the Koodo plan online to be rejected. I had to contact both Equifax and TransUnion to get the flag removed, and then tried the 3rd time. I guess it finally worked, but now I can't even sign up for online account management.
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2007
3735 posts
3498 upvotes
AndrewH95539 wrote: So I ordered a Koodo Sim Last Week during the previous migration offer, and have received no emails since the initial order. I just received a package from Canada Post with a Koodo Sim inside of it with no information about my phone number or account number. There was a packing slip inside that did reference a customer number though. I don't have anything to register for the Koodo Self Serve account with at all. Should I have not received an email with this information. I also thought they said I would receive tracking information for the SIM, but I received it without getting any tracking information. Seems odd to me.

I'm just happy I received the SIM at all to be honest with you though, because it took me 3 attempts to get it because I had a fraud alert flag on my Credit File and this caused my first 2 attempts getting the Koodo plan online to be rejected. I had to contact both Equifax and TransUnion to get the flag removed, and then tried the 3rd time. I guess it finally worked, but now I can't even sign up for online account management.
They will send you an email to start setting up your self-serve account. I think everything is just delayed due to all these orders.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)