Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Koodo

$45/4gb , Canada wide calling for Chatr/Fido prepaid/ Rogers prepaid - YMMV

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 4th, 2018 4:48 pm
Jan 7, 2017
324 posts
240 upvotes
How would Koodo know that you are pre-paid vs post-paid with Rogers?
Mobile: Rogers Wireless, Public Mobile, Fido
Credit Cards: Amex SB Plat, Amex Cobalt, Amex Aeroplan Reserve
Cashback: GCR, Topcashback
Eats: Uber, Skip, Doordash
Deal Fanatic
Jan 31, 2007
6372 posts
6734 upvotes
Center of Canada
FrustratinglyFrugal wrote: How would Koodo know that you are pre-paid vs post-paid with Rogers?
No idea, I want to switch my mom over from Rogers post-pay, but he said can only do if is from Chatr/Fido/Rogers pre-paid.
Bright side of RFD: Often find good deal
Dark side of RFD: Tons of stuff that I don't need but still got them because of RFD
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2003
22163 posts
10326 upvotes
Toronto
cheapshopper wrote: Leslie and MajorMac, Richmond Hill, Ont
Do you remember the name of the person that mentioned this offer? I'm tempted to activate a prepaid account and port it over.
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2008
4018 posts
2518 upvotes
Halifax
audit13 wrote: Good deal. I wonder how long a person needs to be with chatr, Fido, Rogers before porting for this deal.
I do not know how Koodo would know how long you are with said carriers.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2003
22163 posts
10326 upvotes
Toronto
bridonca wrote: I do not know how Koodo would know how long you are with said carriers.
I don't know either. It's not as if the other carriers are going to tell Koodo anything.
Deal Fanatic
May 5, 2007
5834 posts
1677 upvotes
Interesting. Wife is on the 6 gig plan with chatr for $35 but was $30 up until recently. If koodo offered $40 for 4 gig I take that. 3g speed with chatr is almost unusable.
Dec 22, 2017
719 posts
1239 upvotes
ANONYT wrote: I thought the hot Koodo deal is $40 for 5gb or $40 for 4gb atleast
The $40 for 5gb is for 120/12gb only

I had 120/6gb for $40 and I was offered $45 for 4gb which I took with koodo.
Dec 22, 2017
719 posts
1239 upvotes
jigz787 wrote: $ 5 increase in 2 months ??
What an inflation at Robbers.. !!
They also give you $100 credit which you can use for your bills, on top of the canada wide minutes you get vs province wide with the past public mobile plan.

With the $100 credits, you are basically paying the same $40 a month for the next 20 months ($5 a month x 20), so it is not a bad deal. Plus, many people got the $50 referral on top of the $100, whcih cancels the extra $5 a month even more.
Dec 22, 2017
719 posts
1239 upvotes
chris778 wrote: I wonder if it's byop or tab eligible.
I can confirm it is byop eligible. I just did it last Saturday, and got the $100 credit too.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2003
22163 posts
10326 upvotes
Toronto
GeneralAkbar wrote: I can confirm it is byop eligible. I just did it last Saturday, and got the $100 credit too.
Hi,

This was done at the same Walmart location? Did the salesperson mention anything about how long you had to be a prepaid customer?

Thanks.
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2008
4018 posts
2518 upvotes
Halifax
audit13 wrote: I don't know either. It's not as if the other carriers are going to tell Koodo anything.
There certainly seems to be sufficient evidence to believe the telcos do collude, but yeah....
May 3, 2016
14 posts
2 upvotes
Just called walmart at Bayview and Major Mackenzie, they told me I can only get the plan if I have a code. Does anyone know what that is?
May 18, 2008
82 posts
21 upvotes
North GTA
Anybody tried to buy a prepaid Rogers SIM card and port to Koodo to get this deal?
Oct 13, 2001
615 posts
85 upvotes
Fredericton
I am wondering this as well. currently with Virgin but would grab 3 Rogers prepaid sims if I knew I would be able to immediately migrate to this Koodo plan.
gg22 wrote: Anybody tried to buy a prepaid Rogers SIM card and port to Koodo to get this deal?
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
24672 posts
8742 upvotes
Toronto
dirk wrote: I am wondering this as well. currently with Virgin but would grab 3 Rogers prepaid sims if I knew I would be able to immediately migrate to this Koodo plan.
I think you can.....i did something similar with Rogers and their $45/4Gb migration plan

I had a spare Rogers unactivated sim and activated on prepaid....I actually topped it up with $10 and activated the sim...used online chat with my rogers prepaid # and was able to migrate to the rogers $45/4gb plan.

If I had known Koodo had a similar offer, I would have gone with Koodo and the referral system since I'm already with Koodo...

Maybe pick up a Rogers sim off fleabay and give it a try...

And I don't even know how Koodo would know if it is Rogers prepaid
Deal Fanatic
Mar 3, 2002
9417 posts
3328 upvotes
JefferyH115945 wrote: Just called walmart at Bayview and Major Mackenzie, they told me I can only get the plan if I have a code. Does anyone know what that is?
Possibly GOKOODOR454

At least, that’s the code Public Mobile customers were texted for migration to Koodo. The validation code is the Public Mobile phone number. Regardless, it’s the same plan.
Please do not PM me for tech support. I help out on the forums when I can. Thank you.
OBi200/202 Freephonline PDF guide (version 1.60) can be found here. OBi200 info can be found here. For OBi202 info, click here.
Oct 13, 2001
615 posts
85 upvotes
Fredericton
Koodo call centre says they have no plan available to migrating Fido/Rogers prepaid customers. As my closest shop is a fair distance away I guess it is not with the drive just to be disappointed. They do have a public mobile migration plan however.
ji2o0k wrote: I think you can.....i did something similar with Rogers and their $45/4Gb migration plan

I had a spare Rogers unactivated sim and activated on prepaid....I actually topped it up with $10 and activated the sim...used online chat with my rogers prepaid # and was able to migrate to the rogers $45/4gb plan.

If I had known Koodo had a similar offer, I would have gone with Koodo and the referral system since I'm already with Koodo...

Maybe pick up a Rogers sim off fleabay and give it a try...

And I don't even know how Koodo would know if it is Rogers prepaid
Deal Fanatic
Mar 3, 2002
9417 posts
3328 upvotes
dirk wrote: Koodo call centre says they have no plan available to migrating Fido/Rogers prepaid customers. As my closest shop is a fair distance away I guess it is not with the drive just to be disappointed. They do have a public mobile migration plan however.
Hmm . . . Koodo kiosks must have access to a different code than the one I posted then. But it's the same plan ($45 for 4 GB).

Edit: This is probably an in-store only deal for non-Public Mobile customers.
Last edited by Guest1284983 on Mar 3rd, 2018 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Please do not PM me for tech support. I help out on the forums when I can. Thank you.
OBi200/202 Freephonline PDF guide (version 1.60) can be found here. OBi200 info can be found here. For OBi202 info, click here.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)