• Last Updated:
  • Nov 20th, 2017 12:10 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Jun 1, 2016
496 posts
314 upvotes

[Koodo] $49 - 9GB (BF + Student Stack) [QC/Number Port]

I'm surprised this hasn't been clearly mentioned yet.

With the BF bonus data deals going on right now, you can get upto 9GB + Unlimited Canada-wide everything else = $49.

Mind you the data addition is all limited time but with how fast plans are changing these days, it doesn't really matter.

Remember, you can do this with Koodo and keep your number. Just start the process with a QC number:
  1. Buy a prepaid SIM card from any provider and choose a QC number for that prepaid account.
  2. Go to Koodo and tell them you have a number to bring over for a new line.
  3. Give them the details of the QC prepaid account.
  4. Choose the $49 6gb plan, ask for the bonus 2gb.
  5. Call in and (if you have/can get an) SPC card, it gets you an additional free 1gb (often they don't even ask you for an SPC number, they didn't for me)
Refer to the screenshot attached for what it looks like on the statement.

Don't bother wasting your time calling retentions, this deal is in-store only and for new + renewing activations.

On Koodo already but want the deal? Buy a $0 phone, don't open the box, return it. You will get the bonus 2gb and it will stay after the return.

Good luck

EDIT: For further clarity: http://forums.redflagdeals.com/koodo-49 ... #p28496364
Images
  • Screenshot_20171117-200150.png
Last edited by DeltaSingh on Nov 19th, 2017 2:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Having trouble setting up the Koodo $49 6gb plan yourself? DON'T PAY THE KIJIJI GUYS, I'll help you for FREE
Share:
108 replies
Mar 13, 2012
346 posts
71 upvotes
Near You
So you can only use this plan with a QC number? Can you port in another province’s number afterwards?
[OP]
Jun 1, 2016
496 posts
314 upvotes
mistytalon wrote:
Nov 19th, 2017 3:29 am
Can you port in another province’s number afterwards?
Yes you can, using the same methods as before.

The only thing different in this scenario is to *start* with a QC number to make sure your plan is eligible for the bonus 2gb right off the bat
Having trouble setting up the Koodo $49 6gb plan yourself? DON'T PAY THE KIJIJI GUYS, I'll help you for FREE
Aug 31, 2010
537 posts
57 upvotes
Victoria
It is also available for renewing customers. If I have a koodo post paid QC number, how to do to get this bonus data and keep my current account? thanks
New Koodo User
Aug 29, 2017
34 posts
31 upvotes
Winnipeg
Already on Koodo with a plan similar to this but only 6 gb and not 9 gb. :( Such a good deal but I don't want to lose my current #.
Oct 10, 2017
3 posts
Have anybody tried this when you are already on the QC plan but with ON number? Thanks a lot!
[OP]
Jun 1, 2016
496 posts
314 upvotes
qianquan wrote:
Nov 19th, 2017 4:08 am
how to do to get this bonus data and keep my current account? thanks
well if you read the post you'd know
Aug 31, 2010
537 posts
57 upvotes
Victoria
DeltaSingh wrote:
Nov 19th, 2017 4:28 am
well if you read the post you'd know
Ah, thanked
New Koodo User
May 15, 2009
22 posts
5 upvotes
Abbotsford
Anyway to get this bonus if you already have a plan? Anyway to add it at all would be awesome, currently have the 55$ for 8gb plan
Deal Addict
Mar 3, 2012
1893 posts
662 upvotes
Mississauga
Wait can you explain how buying the $0 phone and then returning it would give you bonus 2GB? Can I do that right now with my current plan?
I love RFD! :)

Model 3 reservation holder
Sep 26, 2017
118 posts
59 upvotes
Will the reps allow me to pick a qc plan though?
Apr 19, 2017
55 posts
4 upvotes
I'd be extremely grateful if someone could instruct in how to go about this if already with Koodo. If I recall you need to "park" your current number?

Currently on the 5gb/SK plan and consistently going over in data.
Nov 18, 2013
170 posts
23 upvotes
Toronto
Probably a dumb question but we're going to execute this maneuver this morning so i want to make sure we know what we're doing. So when you go into koodo with your QC number, they're fine setting things up with an Ontario billing address? I'm sure Koodo reps will know exactly what we're doing and provsbly dont care but I'm surprised Koodo hasn't implemented address requirements or something.
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2014
3970 posts
1740 upvotes
pinkmanwhite wrote:
Nov 19th, 2017 10:14 am
Probably a dumb question but we're going to execute this maneuver this morning so i want to make sure we know what we're doing. So when you go into koodo with your QC number, they're fine setting things up with an Ontario billing address? I'm sure Koodo reps will know exactly what we're doing and provsbly dont care but I'm surprised Koodo hasn't implemented address requirements or something.
No provider has an address requirement. It is all about the number.
Deal Guru
Dec 2, 2008
11338 posts
1369 upvotes
on current 49 6gb. how do i upgrade device and make it 49 8gb??

edit. i have ontario number now