Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Koodo

Locked: $49 - 9GB (BF + Student Stack) [QC/Number Port]

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 20th, 2017 12:10 pm
Tags:
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2016
1577 posts
4030 upvotes

[Koodo] $49 - 9GB (BF + Student Stack) [QC/Number Port]

I'm surprised this hasn't been clearly mentioned yet.

With the BF bonus data deals going on right now, you can get upto 9GB + Unlimited Canada-wide everything else = $49.

Mind you the data addition is all limited time but with how fast plans are changing these days, it doesn't really matter.

Remember, you can do this with Koodo and keep your number. Just start the process with a QC number:
  1. Buy a prepaid SIM card from any provider and choose a QC number for that prepaid account.
  2. Go to Koodo and tell them you have a number to bring over for a new line.
  3. Give them the details of the QC prepaid account.
  4. Choose the $49 6gb plan, ask for the bonus 2gb.
  5. Call in and (if you have/can get an) SPC card, it gets you an additional free 1gb (often they don't even ask you for an SPC number, they didn't for me)
Refer to the screenshot attached for what it looks like on the statement.

Don't bother wasting your time calling retentions, this deal is in-store only and for new + renewing activations.

On Koodo already but want the deal? Buy a $0 phone, don't open the box, return it. You will get the bonus 2gb and it will stay after the return.

Good luck

EDIT: For further clarity: http://forums.redflagdeals.com/koodo-49 ... #p28496364
Images
  • Screenshot_20171117-200150.png
Last edited by DeltaSingh on Nov 19th, 2017 2:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
108 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2012
2125 posts
1481 upvotes
Near You
So you can only use this plan with a QC number? Can you port in another province’s number afterwards?
Cards: Amex Platinum • Aeroplan Reserve • Chase AP • CSR • Bonvoy
Banking: Wise • HSBC • TD • Tangerine • Chase
Flights: AC SE • KLM SilverBA Silver
Mobile: AT&T • Fizz • Google Fi • Free.fr
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2016
1577 posts
4030 upvotes
mistytalon wrote: Can you port in another province’s number afterwards?
Yes you can, using the same methods as before.

The only thing different in this scenario is to *start* with a QC number to make sure your plan is eligible for the bonus 2gb right off the bat
Aug 31, 2010
972 posts
202 upvotes
Victoria
It is also available for renewing customers. If I have a koodo post paid QC number, how to do to get this bonus data and keep my current account? thanks
Aug 29, 2017
57 posts
89 upvotes
Winnipeg
Already on Koodo with a plan similar to this but only 6 gb and not 9 gb. :( Such a good deal but I don't want to lose my current #.
Oct 10, 2017
7 posts
Have anybody tried this when you are already on the QC plan but with ON number? Thanks a lot!
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2016
1577 posts
4030 upvotes
qianquan wrote: how to do to get this bonus data and keep my current account? thanks
well if you read the post you'd know
Aug 31, 2010
972 posts
202 upvotes
Victoria
DeltaSingh wrote: well if you read the post you'd know
Ah, thanked
May 15, 2009
199 posts
110 upvotes
Anyway to get this bonus if you already have a plan? Anyway to add it at all would be awesome, currently have the 55$ for 8gb plan
Deal Addict
Mar 3, 2012
3526 posts
1871 upvotes
GTA
Wait can you explain how buying the $0 phone and then returning it would give you bonus 2GB? Can I do that right now with my current plan?
I love RFD! :)
Sep 26, 2017
315 posts
216 upvotes
Will the reps allow me to pick a qc plan though?
Apr 19, 2017
126 posts
11 upvotes
I'd be extremely grateful if someone could instruct in how to go about this if already with Koodo. If I recall you need to "park" your current number?

Currently on the 5gb/SK plan and consistently going over in data.
Nov 18, 2013
307 posts
107 upvotes
Toronto
Probably a dumb question but we're going to execute this maneuver this morning so i want to make sure we know what we're doing. So when you go into koodo with your QC number, they're fine setting things up with an Ontario billing address? I'm sure Koodo reps will know exactly what we're doing and provsbly dont care but I'm surprised Koodo hasn't implemented address requirements or something.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 3, 2014
6089 posts
4352 upvotes
pinkmanwhite wrote: Probably a dumb question but we're going to execute this maneuver this morning so i want to make sure we know what we're doing. So when you go into koodo with your QC number, they're fine setting things up with an Ontario billing address? I'm sure Koodo reps will know exactly what we're doing and provsbly dont care but I'm surprised Koodo hasn't implemented address requirements or something.
No provider has an address requirement. It is all about the number.
Deal Guru
Dec 2, 2008
12459 posts
2170 upvotes
GTA
on current 49 6gb. how do i upgrade device and make it 49 8gb??

edit. i have ontario number now
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2016
1577 posts
4030 upvotes
yo2boy wrote: Wait can you explain how buying the $0 phone and then returning it would give you bonus 2GB? Can I do that right now with my current plan?
The bonus 2gb is for new and renewing customers. You can do it with the plan you're on if it's eligible for the 2gb bonus.
rosenberg100 wrote: Will the reps allow me to pick a qc plan though?
When you start with a QC number they can see you're eligible for QC plans.
chiggyv wrote: I'd be extremely grateful if someone could instruct in how to go about this if already with Koodo. If I recall you need to "park" your current number?

Currently on the 5gb/SK plan and consistently going over in data.
Yeah if you're with Koodo already you're going to have to create a new line and get the plan set up. Then move your main number to koodo prepaid, only to port it back to replace the QC number on the new line.
pinkmanwhite wrote: they're fine setting things up with an Ontario billing address?
Yes
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2016
1577 posts
4030 upvotes
qaz393 wrote: on current 49 6gb. how do i upgrade device and make it 49 8gb??

edit. i have ontario number now
See above
Nov 9, 2006
475 posts
133 upvotes
Montreal
I have a QC number on the Koodo QC $49- ($8 for 24 months) from this past summer. If I newed again would they remove my $8 credit?
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2016
1577 posts
4030 upvotes
cfedu wrote: I have a QC number on the Koodo QC $49- ($8 for 24 months) from this past summer. If I newed again would they remove my $8 credit?
Hard to say, I think it appears as a credit that's separate from the monthly bill as an "add-on". It should stay if all you're doing is upgrading then returning
Dec 12, 2011
97 posts
29 upvotes
Toronto
This sounds interesting, tempted to switch from a grandfathered Rogers 6GB plan.
Can anyone tell me whether this plan includes or allows Visual Voicemail on iOS, and whether there are any decent US/Intl roaming options similar to Roam Like Home or Fido Roam?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)