Hot Deals

[Koodo] 5/6 GB for 46/51$ on Tab large and 6 GB for 49 on BYOD (QC Only)

• Last Updated:
  • May 29th, 2017 2:00 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
1461 posts
402 upvotes
Toronto
habsfan31 wrote:
May 18th, 2017 5:43 pm
Thanks! So all I will need to do is go to Koodo, sign up with them, and they will take care of the rest?

My phone would need to be unlocked too, how would I handle that?

Will I have to pay for my current provider and my new provider for one month?

Sorry for all the questions, this clearly isn't my forte.
After activating your Koodo line, you can port in your number on Koodo's website.

If your phone is locked to another carrier rather than the Telus family (Telus/Koodo/Public Mobile), you need to unlock it. Usually it is better to get it unlocked with you existing carrier if it is an iPhone. If it is a Android phone, just get the code on eBay.

You will not be charged for a month from both carriers as they will do prorations.
Koodo Wireless + Home
Fido Tablet Plan
Cityfone Wireless
Oct 17, 2007
8 posts
Toronto
9613019 wrote:
May 12th, 2017 11:15 am
1. Go to the referral site to get your own referral link. Use that link to register your name and email (a different email than your exist Koodo login email).

2. Open a 2nd line on your existing account and put it on the cheapest plan.

3. Change to a QC# and use that # to finish your referral process.

4. Wait for Koodo to approve your referral and actually apply the $100 credits to your account.

5.If it is already on the new billing cycle (your billing date is the same as your old line), you can change to a QC plan for the 2nd line.

6. Port out the phone# of the 1st Koodo line to a prepaid account. Virgin might be the cheapest option.

7. Port in the # to your 2nd line.

I am not familiar with wireless telephony and the likes. I am a current Koodo customer, I opened a 2nd line on my account via self-service online, selected the cheapest plan, chose QC as calling province, and paid for the new SIM card.
Will I know what the phone number of the 2nd line is when I receive the SIM card in 10 days?
Then I will use that # to complete the referral process and switch to a QC plan (my billing date is 14th)?
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
1461 posts
402 upvotes
Toronto
t6ho wrote:
May 19th, 2017 4:19 am
I am not familiar with wireless telephony and the likes. I am a current Koodo customer, I opened a 2nd line on my account via self-service online, selected the cheapest plan, chose QC as calling province, and paid for the new SIM card.
Will I know what the phone number of the 2nd line is when I receive the SIM card in 10 days?
Then I will use that # to complete the referral process and switch to a QC plan (my billing date is 14th)?
If you are not in QC, you will receive a sim card with your local #. You can change to a QC# when the line is activated on self serve, but you need to wait until the 14th to change the plan.

You can use the original# Koodo assigned to finish referral. It is likely that you will receive the credits before 14th and you can then change your phone# to a QC#.
Koodo Wireless + Home
Fido Tablet Plan
Cityfone Wireless
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2005
2078 posts
305 upvotes
Montreal
loving koodo
Koodo & Tangerine customer since 2006
Oct 17, 2007
8 posts
Toronto
9613019 wrote:
May 19th, 2017 7:47 am
If you are not in QC, you will receive a sim card with your local #. You can change to a QC# when the line is activated on self serve, but you need to wait until the 14th to change the plan.

You can use the original# Koodo assigned to finish referral. It is likely that you will receive the credits before 14th and you can then change your phone# to a QC#.
Is there any way around this? I'd like to jump onto the plan before it expires :/
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2005
2933 posts
384 upvotes
GTA
t6ho wrote:
May 19th, 2017 10:00 am
Is there any way around this? I'd like to jump onto the plan before it expires :/
Some people have been able to change the plan on the same day they change to a QC number.

I'd try logging out after changing the number and then wait an hour or two before logging back in and attempting to change to the proper plan

Then you wait until the next billing cycle to port your number
Last edited by Dave98 on May 19th, 2017 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
1461 posts
402 upvotes
Toronto
t6ho wrote:
May 19th, 2017 10:00 am
Yes, you can open a new account so that it will have a new billing cycle, which will start 5-10 days after openning a new account. In this case, I do not suggest you to do self referral as you may port out your original phone # before the referral credit applied to your account. Koodo also declined one of my referrals last year when I opened a new account. It is better to get a referral from your Koodo friend.
Koodo Wireless + Home
Fido Tablet Plan
Cityfone Wireless
Oct 17, 2007
8 posts
Toronto
Thank you all for the information.
Should I have gone to a Koodo kiosk to add the new line instead of ordering the SIM online? That way there wouldn't be any wait on delivery. Or is Koodo delivery usually pretty fast?
Thanks again.
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
1461 posts
402 upvotes
Toronto
t6ho wrote:
May 19th, 2017 11:39 am
Should I have gone to a Koodo kiosk to add the new line instead of ordering the SIM online? That way there wouldn't be any wait on delivery. Or is Koodo delivery usually pretty fast?
Thanks again.
Go to a store if you do not want to wait.
Koodo Wireless + Home
Fido Tablet Plan
Cityfone Wireless
Deal Guru
Nov 28, 2013
11238 posts
3330 upvotes
Oakville
t6ho wrote:
May 19th, 2017 11:39 am
Thanks again.
It definitely would have been smarter to go to a Koodo store to get one if you wanted one immediately. From the web store you're looking at at *least* a good few days before it'll arrive. The good news is, these promos seem to be relatively frequent. So if you miss out on this one, wait a few weeks and another will be around shortly.
Public Mobile
Koodo
May 18, 2017
1 posts
Hi all,

I apologize in advance for asking this but I'm a little slow when it comes to this stuff and I want to make sure I have a good understanding of how to obtain this QC plan. I'm currently with Rogers and I'm not under contract but my phone is locked to them. I'm interested in getting a new phone anyway. What I plan on doing, and please correct me if I mess up here, is go to Walmart (or any kiosk) and request a Koodo iPhone 6s on a medium tab with a QC number. If i'm denied a QC number then I'll have it set up as the Ontario post paid plan $65 1+2GB plan? Then I go home and register for online self service and request a QC number? AFTER that is approved I change my plan to the $49 QC 5+1GB plan and then wait for my billing cycle to end and port in my Rogers number. Do I have this straight? Again I'm really sorry for going through this again but I'm a bit slow LOL

P.S is there a way to do this entirely online?
Oct 12, 2011
339 posts
82 upvotes
Toronto
HI All,
Im trying this plan thingy and just paid off my tab along first bill, when i wanted to change the plan from Small tab to a Large Tab, it only shows me the Small Tab options, how do you change to Large tab?

Thanks
Deal Guru
Nov 28, 2013
11238 posts
3330 upvotes
Oakville
AforApple wrote:
May 19th, 2017 1:58 pm
HI All,
Im trying this plan thingy and just paid off my tab along first bill, when i wanted to change the plan from Small tab to a Large Tab, it only shows me the Small Tab options, how do you change to Large tab?

Thanks
If your tab is paid off, you can't change to a different tab plan without buying a new phone. And again, I still don't see why you would want to do this.
Last edited by wearysky on May 19th, 2017 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Public Mobile
Koodo
Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2006
1077 posts
35 upvotes
Toronto
Heading to best buy Saturday and want to know if there is anything i should know as might get this phone for 6 or 8 months till the Note 8 comss out..I want to get the qc plan before its gone...Theres a 250 dollar best buy card on this deal...I will put link below...

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/sam ... 18012.aspx?
Deal Guru
Nov 28, 2013
11238 posts
3330 upvotes
Oakville
Slapshot747 wrote:
May 19th, 2017 3:46 pm
Heading to best buy Saturday and want to know if there is anything i should know as might get this phone for 6 or 8 months till the Note 8 comss out..I want to get the qc plan before its gone...Theres a 250 dollar best buy card on this deal...I will put link below...
I was given an S5 Neo as my work phone. It's fine, I guess. Nothing special really.
Public Mobile
Koodo
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel