Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Koodo

5$ discount on post paid plan for 1 year (QC?)

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 25th, 2015 11:47 pm
Tags:
Aug 6, 2011
599 posts
267 upvotes

[Koodo] 5$ discount on post paid plan for 1 year (QC?)

I'm on prepaid plan with koodo. I just got a message from them about a promo. If I switch to a post paid plan, I get a discount of 5$ for 1 year.
Combining the discount with the famous 35$ plan (in QC) would make this deal extra hot.

I still have a lot of talk time and data in my booster bank, Im not sure if I should switch or not. I'd loose all of them If I don't keep the minimum base plan.

I don't know the promo is only in Quebec or targeted to specific customers
13 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2012
3886 posts
1527 upvotes
Canada
i got this too (seems nationwide). I still have tons of mins and data left from the double booster offer and I'm pretty sure i'll lose them all if i switch to postpaid
Sep 1, 2011
547 posts
200 upvotes
I also received it and I'm on a Koodo prepaid plan. I'm thinking they're trying to switch customers from prepaid to postpaid.
Deal Fanatic
May 9, 2009
7135 posts
3739 upvotes
Montreal
beth1791 wrote: I also received it and I'm on a Koodo prepaid plan. I'm thinking they're trying to switch customers from prepaid to postpaid.
Consider they're asking prepaid users to switch to postpaid, I'd say you're right :P
Deal Expert
Feb 13, 2012
16158 posts
5680 upvotes
VANCOUVER
Yeah, I got the same text from them. If they wanted me to switch bad enough, they would compensate me somehow for the lost data and minutes. But a $5 discount doesn't make any of their postpaid plans attractive enough for me to switch anyway.
Sep 2, 2007
769 posts
285 upvotes
I got the email too. Even with the discount it does not come anywhere near what I have paid over the last two years.
I have all the bells and whistles and have paid under $22/month
No I do not watch movies, do not upload pictures unless it is on wi-fi
Deal Addict
May 6, 2012
3431 posts
1079 upvotes
I'm going to call and see how motivated they are to switch me to postpaid. I'll explain how I'm currently paying $35 for about 700 MB data (and I don't have to worry about "losing" the data if I don't use it all), 100 minutes and unl text so why should I switch to some *****ty $45 plan that only gives me 750 mb? And I don't need the extra minutes.

To push them even more I'll tell them how I am considering Public Mobile...
Deal Fanatic
May 9, 2009
7135 posts
3739 upvotes
Montreal
VanceMendoza wrote: I'm going to call and see how motivated they are to switch me to postpaid. I'll explain how I'm currently paying $35 for about 700 MB data (and I don't have to worry about "losing" the data if I don't use it all), 100 minutes and unl text so why should I switch to some *****ty $45 plan that only gives me 750 mb? And I don't need the extra minutes.

Koodo and Public Mobile are both owned by TELUS.

What province are you in?
Deal Addict
May 6, 2012
3431 posts
1079 upvotes
psyko514 wrote: Koodo and Public Mobile are both owned by TELUS.

What province are you in?
I know they are but it's hilarious how they are still motivated by the threat.

Ontario
Aug 24, 2007
535 posts
103 upvotes
Montreal
VanceMendoza wrote: I'm going to call and see how motivated they are to switch me to postpaid. I'll explain how I'm currently paying $35 for about 700 MB data (and I don't have to worry about "losing" the data if I don't use it all), 100 minutes and unl text so why should I switch to some *****ty $45 plan that only gives me 750 mb? And I don't need the extra minutes.

It's 35.00$ for everything ulimited except for data wich is 1gb !!!
Sep 1, 2011
547 posts
200 upvotes
grumpy2906 wrote: It's 35.00$ for everything ulimited except for data wich is 1gb !!!
As far as I know that package is only offered in Quebec.
Sep 1, 2011
547 posts
200 upvotes
billrush wrote: I got the email too. Even with the discount it does not come anywhere near what I have paid over the last two years.
I have all the bells and whistles and have paid under $22/month
No I do not watch movies, do not upload pictures unless it is on wi-fi
That's about what I pay each month on their prepaid as well, maybe even less, so I really have no reason to switch to postpaid.
Deal Fanatic
May 9, 2009
7135 posts
3739 upvotes
Montreal
grumpy2906 wrote: It's 35.00$ for everything ulimited except for data wich is 1gb !!!
Quebec only.
Deal Addict
May 6, 2012
3431 posts
1079 upvotes
It's honestly ridiculous that us lighter minute users have basically no reasonable options outside of Koodo prepaid which only saves peanuts and cannot be grandfathered. Like I need around a gig of data but no I'm not calling people 24/7 I don't need 500+ daytime minutes and add another $20 to the plan for those dumb minutes... who even calls that much anymore... everyone I know texts and has a work line. I know some people still use a lot of minutes especially for work cell phones, but the point is there should be more options.

Public Mobile isn't really the greatest for options either, it's all or nothing for minutes. $20 a month for unlimited calling that I won't use, but I still need SOME minutes or I am screwed... it's sad that they are considered "good" for options compared to others.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)