Expired Hot Deals

[Koodo] $50-6GB, $60-10GB, $75-15GB Medium Tab (ymmv)

  • Last Updated:
  • Jun 21st, 2019 4:54 pm
Jr. Member
Feb 4, 2019
148 posts
160 upvotes
peakingduck wrote: Call in and request the change for tab eligibility, they'll do it for you.
I tried once and they declined. I didn't try that hard mind you as I didn't elevate to retentions or anything like that. I may try again here especially with these deals being offered.
Deal Addict
Apr 28, 2004
1064 posts
290 upvotes
TrueDon wrote: I was on the $55/8Gb Quebec plan and was seeing the the offer for the $60/15Gb online. I took nexus 6P phone for a swim and needed a replacement. I was able to get the 3a on a med tab and switch to the mentioned $60 plan. It took some time though because I had recently switched my address back to Ontario and they could see the plan on one page but not the another and had to call their customer service to manually change it to 15Gb.
I want that! Anyone else getting that offer? I have the $75/15GB offer on my 4 lines.
[OP]
Banned
Nov 23, 2018
592 posts
514 upvotes
Fate wrote: I want that! Anyone else getting that offer? I have the $75/15GB offer on my 4 lines.
$60/15GB is for QC only.
Newbie
Jun 30, 2018
4 posts
6 upvotes
Edmonton
AGTOM83 wrote: I tried once and they declined. I didn't try that hard mind you as I didn't elevate to retentions or anything like that. I may try again here especially with these deals being offered.

Is this something they would charge 10 dollars for? Their phone customer service fees are kind of all over the place. Also, has anyone been able to actually accomplish this? Getting the 60/10gb byod plan tab eligible? Apologies if this was covered elsewhere. There are like 6 koodo related threads going right now.
Newbie
Feb 6, 2019
3 posts
So I just checked and I have the option available. I'm currently on a $56/10gb BYOD tab. So getting a new phone costs a lot more. But they're offering me $60/10gb and the $75 one too. And the $60 plan includes $25 off per month for 6 months. Anyone got this too?
Images
  • Screenshot_20190618-194024.png
  • Screenshot_20190618-194116.png
[OP]
Banned
Nov 23, 2018
592 posts
514 upvotes
imthisandthat wrote: So I just checked and I have the option available. I'm currently on a $56/10gb BYOD tab. So getting a new phone costs a lot more. But they're offering me $60/10gb and the $75 one too. And the $60 plan includes $25 off per month for 6 months. Anyone got this too?
It is all YMMV.
Member
Aug 22, 2009
264 posts
160 upvotes
Ottawa
Yep. All YMMV.

Have two lines (BYOD 6GB, Medium 6GB) both $49. No eligibility. Doesn’t show me any of the plans. Boo.
Jr. Member
Sep 16, 2013
147 posts
77 upvotes
Medicine Hat, AB
I called in to see if I could get the promo pricing without upgrading (I had the offer available if I was to upgrade my phone but I just bought a Galaxy S10 like a month ago outright). I'm on the PM 6GB migration plan. The lady on the phone wouldn't give me any of these plans but she did add 1GB for free for 24 months which I'm happy with.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jul 5, 2001
6052 posts
3788 upvotes
murdochmystery wrote: Got changed to this plan over Facebook. Did not need to upgrade my phone. Took 10 minutes. Had the $60/6gb plan with a medium tab owing about $200 on it.
I'm assuming Koodo didn't waive the $200 TAB owing when you made the switch?
Newbie
Nov 20, 2018
13 posts
3 upvotes
9394 wrote: I'm assuming Koodo didn't waive the $200 TAB owing when you made the switch?
Correct. I still owe the remainder on my tab.
Newbie
Jun 19, 2018
94 posts
20 upvotes
Edmonton
SofaProfessor wrote: I called in to see if I could get the promo pricing without upgrading (I had the offer available if I was to upgrade my phone but I just bought a Galaxy S10 like a month ago outright). I'm on the PM 6GB migration plan. The lady on the phone wouldn't give me any of these plans but she did add 1GB for free for 24 months which I'm happy with.
I called in as well trying to get my plan switched ($60/8gb) without having to upgrade as I have a current tab balance. I was told no it was not possible, I too had the offer available. The agent informed me the new plan requires a new IMEI to attach to it, not sure if that's just an excuse or if it's legitimate.
[OP]
Banned
Nov 23, 2018
592 posts
514 upvotes
Gadelros wrote: I called in as well trying to get my plan switched ($60/8gb) without having to upgrade as I have a current tab balance. I was told no it was not possible, I too had the offer available. The agent informed me the new plan requires a new IMEI to attach to it, not sure if that's just an excuse or if it's legitimate.
It is an Excuse. Other people was able to switch without a device.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jul 5, 2001
6052 posts
3788 upvotes
murdochmystery wrote: Correct. I still owe the remainder on my tab.
Koodo FB said they would waive my remaining tab ($120) but then I couldn't also get the $50 6gb promo plan. Probably going to waive my tab and hope another promo plan comes out when Pixel 4 is released.

Top