Hot Deals

[Koodo] $55/month unl call/text/MMS/9gb data or $65/month unl call/text/MMS/16gb data YMMV (QC plans allowed in Ottawa/613)

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 18th, 2019 10:58 pm
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2013
3705 posts
1913 upvotes
LockAndKey wrote:
Aug 13th, 2019 6:15 pm
If Ottawa got it, the whole province should get it. RFD logic XD.
If not allthe pfovince at least the Center of the World AKA Toronto
Oct 30, 2018
24 posts
14 upvotes
Wanted to make the switch from my current 10GB / $56 plan using the trick where I'll switch my number to a Quebec one, then port the old Ontario one over. Have done this a few times now every time I see a better deal. Opened a new line today, asked for the cheapest plan (since I'd just be switching it anyway). APPARENTLY, to get that plan, they had to put me on the second cheapest plan, then switch me down to the cheapest one — I don't know why.

Anyway, I go home later and successfully change my number to a QC number on that line. But when I look at how long it'll be to change my plan (typically less than a week, the past few times I've done the trick for myself and others), I'm told "You've already changed your plan this billing cycle. Come back to change your plan after your new billing cycle starts on September 18, 2019." A whole month! I'm assuming because they had to do that completely unnecessary maneuvering to get me on the cheapest plan, and that used up my plan switching this cycle.

So, do we think that plan will still be around come next month? It is a promotional deal, after all. Should I risk waiting a month to switch it myself?

OR, should I risk calling Koodo tomorrow and playing dumb, saying "I don't know why it would say tell me I've already switched", hoping they can switch my already QC number to the 16GB plan ASAP, but risk them seeing my existing ON number using a QC plan? (Would they even recognize that?)

OR, should I say **** it, cancel the line I just opened, and go back tomorrow to open another line, but on a plan they won't need to make the switcheroo for? That way I can preform this trick as normal.
Apr 22, 2019
9 posts
19 upvotes
I think you should never call in.
Wait is safest. even you miss this round you can expect Black Friday deals
Sep 23, 2014
157 posts
149 upvotes
Toronto, ON
GeeTooKay wrote:
Aug 18th, 2019 10:32 pm
Wanted to make the switch from my current 10GB / $56 plan using the trick where I'll switch my number to a Quebec one, then port the old Ontario one over. Have done this a few times now every time I see a better deal. Opened a new line today, asked for the cheapest plan (since I'd just be switching it anyway). APPARENTLY, to get that plan, they had to put me on the second cheapest plan, then switch me down to the cheapest one — I don't know why.

Anyway, I go home later and successfully change my number to a QC number on that line. But when I look at how long it'll be to change my plan (typically less than a week, the past few times I've done the trick for myself and others), I'm told "You've already changed your plan this billing cycle. Come back to change your plan after your new billing cycle starts on September 18, 2019." A whole month! I'm assuming because they had to do that completely unnecessary maneuvering to get me on the cheapest plan, and that used up my plan switching this cycle.

So, do we think that plan will still be around come next month? It is a promotional deal, after all. Should I risk waiting a month to switch it myself?

OR, should I risk calling Koodo tomorrow and playing dumb, saying "I don't know why it would say tell me I've already switched", hoping they can switch my already QC number to the 16GB plan ASAP, but risk them seeing my existing ON number using a QC plan? (Would they even recognize that?)

OR, should I say **** it, cancel the line I just opened, and go back tomorrow to open another line, but on a plan they won't need to make the switcheroo for? That way I can preform this trick as normal.
Don't bring any attention to your out of province plan. Couple of ppl got flagged that way.