Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Koodo

6 GB for $41/month with Tab Medium [QC only]

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 24th, 2017 4:37 pm
Jan 23, 2007
120 posts
34 upvotes
Toronto
I don't see the promo on the Koodo site. Any chance this is still live?
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
21329 posts
10938 upvotes
Oakville
shutout wrote: Both accounts will be charged back if referred account cancelled within 90 days. See below rules from Koodo.

"How do I qualify for a referral reward?
You must be a current Koodo Mobile customer with a postpaid account who does not have overdue bills. In order to qualify for rewards, your friend must keep their account active and in good standing for 90 days after activating with Koodo. If service is terminated within 90 days of activating, the value of the bill credit will be charged back to both your account and the account of the person you referred."
Yeah, but Koodo has LOTS of policies where they claim they work one way, but it's actually super YMMV.
kemestry wrote: I don't see the promo on the Koodo site. Any chance this is still live?
If it's not on the website anymore, pretty good chance that it's dead.
Nov 2, 2003
482 posts
24 upvotes
cor wrote: Thanks, I'll give it a try. :)

Cor
I ordered the Pixel on Thursday night. It was delivered today. Billing cycle ended June 9. My first bill is now up on my account. I was charged for the tab and all the prorated plan charges but I did not get the $8 credit. :( I'll wait a few days then call customer service to confirm it's on my account. I hope I don't loose it when I port over my BC number.

Cor
Jun 3, 2017
94 posts
10 upvotes
Toronto
I'm thinking about doing the QC plans in ON but there is a lot more involved for me, I'm not sure if this is the right way. I'm in the same account with my mother, and she has a worse plan than I do, so I want to give her my ON plan (swap numbers), kill her line, and rejoin the 2 plans on the same account. So the end result I want is: a QC line, my mother with my old very-good ON plan, kill my mother's original not-so-good ON plan, in the original account that holds all of this together. I want to understand the preliminary steps before I start HoFo steps and here is what I think is what I need to do:

Get a new Pre-paid Koodo number, port-out my number, swap mother's number to very-good ON plan, kill old not-good ON plan.
If all goes well, go to local BB/Walmart, request a QC number. Hop on the QC plan right away, and simply port existing number via self-serve when I get home. (If it doesn't go well, follow HoFo steps).
Reconnect the accounts in self-serve?

Can someone correct my steps? Thank you!
:)
Nov 9, 2006
475 posts
133 upvotes
Montreal
cor wrote: I ordered the Pixel on Thursday night. It was delivered today. Billing cycle ended June 9. My first bill is now up on my account. I was charged for the tab and all the prorated plan charges but I did not get the $8 credit. :( I'll wait a few days then call customer service to confirm it's on my account. I hope I don't loose it when I port over my BC number.

Cor

This promo sounds like it's going to be a pain in the butt. I remember when I had the 34$ 1 plus 1 QC black Friday deal, I would loose the extra gigabyte every time I did a hardware upgrade. I would have to fight to get it put back on. I think with a BC number you might be good, just never do a HUP
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
3659 posts
1647 upvotes
Toronto
samush wrote: I'm thinking about doing the QC plans in ON but there is a lot more involved for me, I'm not sure if this is the right way. I'm in the same account with my mother, and she has a worse plan than I do, so I want to give her my ON plan (swap numbers), kill her line, and rejoin the 2 plans on the same account. So the end result I want is: a QC line, my mother with my old very-good ON plan, kill my mother's original not-so-good ON plan, in the original account that holds all of this together. I want to understand the preliminary steps before I start HoFo steps and here is what I think is what I need to do:

Get a new Pre-paid Koodo number, port-out my number, swap mother's number to very-good ON plan, kill old not-good ON plan.
If all goes well, go to local BB/Walmart, request a QC number. Hop on the QC plan right away, and simply port existing number via self-serve when I get home. (If it doesn't go well, follow HoFo steps).
Reconnect the accounts in self-serve?

Can someone correct my steps? Thank you!
When you port out your number, you lose your very good ON plan.
Zoomer Wireless, Fido Tablet Plan
Carry Tel Internet
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
3659 posts
1647 upvotes
Toronto
cor wrote: I ordered the Pixel on Thursday night. It was delivered today. Billing cycle ended June 9. My first bill is now up on my account. I was charged for the tab and all the prorated plan charges but I did not get the $8 credit. :( I'll wait a few days then call customer service to confirm it's on my account. I hope I don't loose it when I port over my BC number.

Cor
My guess is that the credit will be applied on a full billing cycle for 24 months. When I opened my line for their home phone at $5, they applied the $15 discount the same way. You can definitely call koodo and they will probably give you some credits manually.
Carry Tel Internet
Jun 3, 2017
94 posts
10 upvotes
Toronto
9613019 wrote: When you port out your number, you lose your very good ON plan.
Hi 9613019, Thank you for your reply! Would you know how to do what I want to do? Keep good ON plan for my mother, while getting QC for myself? Thanks a bunch :)
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
3659 posts
1647 upvotes
Toronto
samush wrote: Hi 9613019, Thank you for your reply! Would you know how to do what I want to do? Keep good ON plan for my mother, while getting QC for myself? Thanks a bunch :)
There is no way to keep your good plan and the number. If you port in a number, you keep the plan and lose the number. If you port out your number, you keep the number and lose the plan.
Carry Tel Internet
Deal Addict
May 23, 2008
2417 posts
3848 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
samush wrote: Hi 9613019, Thank you for your reply! Would you know how to do what I want to do? Keep good ON plan for my mother, while getting QC for myself? Thanks a bunch :)
Your only option is to call customer service and ask if they can do what is sometimes called a triangle swap, or premium number swap where they switch you and your mom's phone numbers. That way, she has the good plan and you have her crappy plan. After that, you can then port out and port back in, since the plan that will be cancelled when you port out is her crappy plan.

You'll likely have to pay for the number swap, depending on your powers of persuasion.
Spots available in my Duolingo Super Family Plan.
Nov 9, 2006
475 posts
133 upvotes
Montreal
I received my monthly bill, $8 credit is on there. Happy I did not have to call in.
Nov 25, 2006
106 posts
30 upvotes
Do this get ur mom's number to join in on ur plan and cancel her old plan. Basically a share everything plan like Rogers ur sharing ur plan with two numbers....there's a charge for that. Then u port ur number out basically leaving ur mom's number in your plan making her the primary account holder.
Jun 3, 2017
94 posts
10 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks for the reply. My plan does not exist any longer so she can't join my plan. And the goal is to share the same account so I can pay for her in 1 bill and monitor her data usage as I'm paying for her :)
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2004
5148 posts
1070 upvotes
anyone had their 8$ credit fall off their latest bill? wondering if i should call in and if there is any issue with calling in on the qc plan with an on number?
"The first rule of RFD is, you do not talk about RFD."
Nov 2, 2003
482 posts
24 upvotes
akz wrote: anyone had their 8$ credit fall off their latest bill? wondering if i should call in and if there is any issue with calling in on the qc plan with an on number?
I never did receive the $8 bill credit. I called twice and was told it may take up to the 3rd bill for the credit to show up. Once I got the 3rd bill and it still was not applied, I called and asked for the credit to be applied. The agent was not able to process the credit so I asked for a supervisor. I asked the supervisor to apply the credit, he said he would apply a $192 lump sum credit since he could not add the $8 monthly credit. So I accepted that. there is no tax added on because it's a bill credit, not a plan credit.

Cor
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2004
5148 posts
1070 upvotes
cor wrote: I never did receive the $8 bill credit. I called twice and was told it may take up to the 3rd bill for the credit to show up. Once I got the 3rd bill and it still was not applied, I called and asked for the credit to be applied. The agent was not able to process the credit so I asked for a supervisor. I asked the supervisor to apply the credit, he said he would apply a $192 lump sum credit since he could not add the $8 monthly credit. So I accepted that. there is no tax added on because it's a bill credit, not a plan credit.

Cor
thanks for the info Cor are you QC with a QC number or QC plan with ON number? did they ask you about that?
"The first rule of RFD is, you do not talk about RFD."
Deal Fanatic
Apr 1, 2006
5352 posts
533 upvotes
akz wrote: anyone had their 8$ credit fall off their latest bill? wondering if i should call in and if there is any issue with calling in on the qc plan with an on number?
I had my $10 BYOD credit not apply this past bill. It was a system issue, they manually applied the credit for me. QC Plan with Toronto #, no issues. Just don't make it a habit, although I broke rules 1,2 and 3 (Don't call Koodo!) :)
C:\RFD>ih8lowballers.bat_
Nov 2, 2003
482 posts
24 upvotes
akz wrote: thanks for the info Cor are you QC with a QC number or QC plan with ON number? did they ask you about that?
I am in BC. At the time I called, I had the QC number on the account with the QC plan. After the credit was applied, I ported over my BC number.
Aug 23, 2017
2 posts
I was wondering if I could order the Quebec phone plan online from the koodo website even tho I live in Ontario? Has any tried doing this? Would the sim just ship to what ever address I list on the form?