Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Koodo

ON/AB/BC 10gb plan unlimited calling etc $60

• Last Updated:
  • May 17th, 2018 4:45 pm
Deal Addict
Jul 4, 2006
4625 posts
1342 upvotes
There's a huge line at fido at Markville right now.

And no line at Koodo. I ported this am to Koodo. but the lack of lineup makes me wonder if I chose poorly lol
Feb 22, 2015
527 posts
299 upvotes
Toronto
poorwingman wrote: There's a huge line at fido at Markville right now.

And no line at Koodo. I ported this am to Koodo. but the lack of lineup makes me wonder if I chose poorly lol
I don't see why it would be. I ported from Rogers and my signal is already better and I'm getting LTE+ in most areas now. Koodo is basically Telus anyway.
Deal Addict
May 5, 2007
1212 posts
581 upvotes
North York
Koodo referral limit of $300 per year I think
May 30, 2017
752 posts
325 upvotes
Brampton, Mount Plea…
I saw one or two posts where someone spoke to Koodo reps and they said they'll claw back 5GB after 2 years? But I went to the Koodo booth at my local mall today to switch over and the manager of the booth confirmed that the 10 gigs is permanent forever. Can they change the contract in the future? Is it left open to change?
Deal Fanatic
Aug 3, 2014
6089 posts
4352 upvotes
cellnerd wrote: I saw one or two posts where someone spoke to Koodo reps and they said they'll claw back 5GB after 2 years? But I went to the Koodo booth at my local mall today to switch over and the manager of the booth confirmed that the 10 gigs is permanent forever. Can they change the contract in the future? Is it left open to change?
They can change anything with 30 days notice. Koodo has never done that though, and it is not like you have any better options anyway.
Last edited by hvwkzq on Dec 16th, 2017 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nov 12, 2017
7 posts
2 upvotes
British columbia
Update again .... after almost 3 hours on hold .. I was able to get the wife's plan switched via loyalty ...and the daughter's at same time..we all have 10 gig plan.on koodo now. Thanks op and others .... awesome deal here.
Deal Addict
Feb 13, 2015
3958 posts
5641 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
cellnerd wrote: I saw one or two posts where someone spoke to Koodo reps and they said they'll claw back 5GB after 2 years? But I went to the Koodo booth at my local mall today to switch over and the manager of the booth confirmed that the 10 gigs is permanent forever. Can they change the contract in the future? Is it left open to change?
I think it's definitely possible, but right now koodo is in the top spot, probably about 60%+ of the people who changed their plans went with koodo cause of the rfd effect and the reviews. SO i don't think they would risk doing it, they know if they scam us or change anything we will drop them instantly. At this point I think they'd rather hold out on top and work on loyalty towards customers, that's what makes a business win in the long run.
😎Thanks RFD😎
Deal Guru
Sep 28, 2010
10950 posts
3262 upvotes
Koodos plan has no expiring features or discounts.

Having said that, without a contract they can change the price or plan whenever they like. Just like Rogers raising their price on the 4GB plan last year.

But aside from what-ifs, it’s as permanent a plan as they come.
Nov 15, 2016
543 posts
472 upvotes
blackbirdman wrote: I think it's definitely possible, but right now koodo is in the top spot, probably about 60%+ of the people who changed their plans went with koodo cause of the rfd effect and the reviews. SO i don't think they would risk doing it, they know if they scam us or change anything we will drop them instantly. At this point I think they'd rather hold out on top and work on loyalty towards customers, that's what makes a business win in the long run.
I agree with this sentiment as well, Koodo has never clawed back plans (to my knowledge ever) in prior plans and deals (including there special promos such as this). The bad publicity once clawback commences will leave such a sour taste in consumers mouths, Kodoo wouldn't risk this. I'd be very surprised if they clawed back...... cause I switched from my MB plan to this!
Deal Addict
Jun 3, 2005
1146 posts
163 upvotes
Just got it after 2 and a half hours and it was quick and easy. CSR rep was Xavier and pretty much just went straight at it. There's was 453 people waiting in the queue by the time I called according to him. Thanks Xavier if you ever read this lol.
Dec 14, 2006
99 posts
3 upvotes
I’ve been with koodo for years. Koodo has always honoured all price plans without any changes. No hidden fees or service charges. Great service. Great network!
dmac
Deal Addict
Mar 9, 2012
4102 posts
2980 upvotes
Kitchener
hvwozq wrote: Bell/TELUS do not even care about Freedom. They only started it because Fido/Rogers did. Restricted or not, they started this promotion.

If you read my posts, you will see that I provide help wherever I can in all the providers' threads. All you do is attack Fido/Rogers. Your posts are wasting forum space.
Disagree - we're getting these plans because Freedom upgraded their network to LTE and started offering iPhones. Rogers/Fido apparently were the first to throw the switch on a competitive plan, with Bell and Telus following suit, but I highly doubt any of the big 3 would randomly start offering plans at a fraction of the original cost. IMHO.
Why can't we all just get along?
Apr 27, 2015
165 posts
65 upvotes
Toronto, ON
anyone still on hold like me? been on hold for retention for 2hrs now.
Dec 3, 2006
530 posts
302 upvotes
Craven
Opinions please...

I'm currently in a grandfathered "Ultimate 65" plan with SaskTel, (in Saskatchewan of course) with unlimited data for $65 a month..

While great, it IS throttled back under their "fair usage" policy after 10GB's per month, which I rarely exceed.

I've had to supply my own phone for years as if I upgrade I'll lose this plan. It's monthly features are a bit antiquated, (for example, not even voice mail):

Ultimate 65 (Discontinued)

Your plan includes:
150 Long Distance Minutes
Unlimited Anytime Minutes
Unlimited Data
Unlimited Picture Messaging
Unlimited Text Messaging
Call Three Way
Call Waiting
Incoming Call Display
Outgoing Call Display

Is it time to get something like one of these 10 GB plans? If so, which would you recommend in Sask?
Dec 15, 2017
39 posts
50 upvotes
I called Koodo yesterday around 7.45 in evening. After a hold of 1 hour rep told me she cant do it. As the koodo support is closed at 10 pm and its already 11 pm in ontario. So she set up a call back for me 3 pm next day.

Today morning, I called them again at 8.30 am mountain time. After a hold of 1 hour 30 mins rep told me its only for new customers or I have to add a new line. I just said "One of my friends got his plan changed to promo plan by just calling you guys". And she transferred me to his supervisor. After another one and half hour, supervisor changed my plan, without any question. Total call time was 3 hours 19 mins 40 secs. But its worth it.

Thanks OP and All of you.
Jul 15, 2003
442 posts
280 upvotes
Has anyone gotten this outside of ON/AB /BC on Koodo?

I've tried reading thru the 100+ pages but it mostly seems to be arguments about which carrier is better...
Oct 1, 2012
43 posts
8 upvotes
Hamilton, Ontario
kijijis3lling wrote: anyone still on hold like me? been on hold for retention for 2hrs now.
Me, roughly the same amount of time
Jan 7, 2017
270 posts
289 upvotes
Hamilton
Here's the thing: cell phone providers can change your plan whenever they want as long as they give you the notice specified in their terms. You're off-contract and we have a free market; if they do this, you can walk away at any time... That's why they don't do this. They trust you to be loyal and you trust them to keep their terms; if you don't trust a company, don't sign up with them.
Freedom Mobile - Promo Everywhere 50 : 8 GB LTE + 1 GB Roaming USA/CAN
Oct 14, 2010
626 posts
184 upvotes
Been super happy with PM so that's why I chose to be with Koodo today.

Rogers/Fido can start being desperate and offering lower rates.
Deal Expert
Feb 13, 2012
16158 posts
5680 upvotes
VANCOUVER
So today I've achieved a lot. I switched my Virgin $65-6GB to the $60-10GB + 2GB bonus, and I migrated my Koodo prepaid to the $60-10GB. The latter I don't really need, but thought I had to do it while it's still available, and I can always migrate out later. lol I was also going to port over my daughter's Fido $60-6GB to Koodo, but now that Fido has upped it to 10GB forever, I will try a retention switch instead, to save a couple of bucks on sim card and better roaming option, etc.

Just a couple of random thoughts:

- I think Rogers/Fido is the only carrier that offers SMS-forwarding, if that's useful for anyone.
- I'm a bit surprised (and concern) about some of the speedtest results people have been posting. They are really low! Any chance at all the data on this promo plan is somehow throttled? I mean, people are seeing the LTE icon on their phones, and LTE is LTE, but still the speed reported are low...like 4G/3G low!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)