Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Koodo

ON/AB/BC 10gb plan unlimited calling etc $60

• Last Updated:
  • May 17th, 2018 4:45 pm
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2006
1684 posts
291 upvotes
Don't mean to hijack the thread but does anyone know if Koodo has a $50 for 6GB plan that Rogers/Fido is offering? Thanks!
Deal Fanatic
Jun 7, 2008
5064 posts
2638 upvotes
Toronto
hogujak wrote: Im currently with bell.
If i move to koodo can i keep the same number?

Now i pay 185 for two phones. Unlimited call text 7g shared data. And need to pay 450 for early cancellation.

If i move to koodo i will get 20G for 120(2 phone) and i will be happy with that!!
yes port over
Current KOODO customer😎
Deal Fanatic
Mar 30, 2004
5302 posts
2996 upvotes
Durham Region
ellisd wrote: Who offers the best roaming packages? I'm just gonna comb over them to see what's best. Not sure if they all just do the same thing these days
Rogers / Fido is slightly better than Koodo when it comes to roaming in the US - $1 less per day and lower maximum monthly cap $50.

I'd argue Bell and Virgin are worse - It's $2 less per day, but you only get 100mb of data to use.

Rogers/Fido/Koodo/Telus let you use as much data as is included in your monthly plan.
Apr 22, 2014
873 posts
482 upvotes
Calgary, AB
CorSter wrote: Rogers / Fido is slightly better than Koodo when it comes to roaming in the US - $1 less per day and lower maximum monthly cap $50.

I'd argue Bell and Virgin are worse - It's $2 less per day, but you only get 100mb of data to use.

Rogers/Fido/Koodo/Telus let you use as much data as is included in your monthly plan.
Thanks

After I posted I found this.

https://mobilesyrup.com/2017/08/03/best ... 7-edition/
Jan 27, 2011
608 posts
574 upvotes
potentially stupid question: do koodo customers get the same service by being on the same network as telus? i'd rather go with telus (presuming they match), but part of me thinks it's 6 of one and half a dozen of the other situation...

edit: speeelingg
Last edited by soupman on Dec 15th, 2017 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2017
1972 posts
1950 upvotes
Toronto
Just called Virgin mobile Toronto ..they are offering today only 10GB for $55 and I get to keep my mobile tv add-on from previous plan. This deal is good for one year, BYOD n you can cancel any time. After one year 65$ if you decide to stay with them.
Multi Millionaire in Points
Deal Fanatic
Dec 20, 2003
7248 posts
1322 upvotes
London
soupman wrote: potentially stupid question: do koodo customers get the same service by being on the same network as telus? i'd rather go with telus (presuming they match), but part of me thinks it's 6 or one and half a dozen of the other situation...
Koodo actually has the exact same network and better CSR.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 7, 2008
5064 posts
2638 upvotes
Toronto
soupman wrote: potentially stupid question: do koodo customers get the same service by being on the same network as telus? i'd rather go with telus (presuming they match), but part of me thinks it's 6 or one and half a dozen of the other situation...
It's literally the same company lol...just a different name, they use the same towers
Current KOODO customer😎
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2014
1147 posts
1309 upvotes
Toronto
Wtf happened to the original 30+ page thread?
Thanks for the upvote!
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2009
1064 posts
159 upvotes
Can anyone comment on the reliability/coverage in the GVR versus say Telus/Rogers?
Mar 15, 2011
197 posts
20 upvotes
Calgary
Has anyone ever had any issues losing their $48 Manitoba/Sask plan by referring someone else? Does it flag your account or anything like that?
Nov 27, 2003
296 posts
106 upvotes
Got off the phone with Support. I had a %10 BYOD credit (ongoing) and a $10 off each month (also ongoing). I lost both. In restrospect it was a bad call I think, but oh well, caveat emptor!
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2007
4007 posts
1352 upvotes
Scarborough
Currently on the $49 6gb QC. Hardly use more than 4gb a month. I think I saw someone mention a $40 or $35 4gb plan?
Deal Fanatic
Sep 10, 2005
5701 posts
3662 upvotes
GTA
CorSter wrote: Rogers / Fido is slightly better than Koodo when it comes to roaming in the US - $1 less per day and lower maximum monthly cap $50.

Rogers/Fido is quite a bit better if your trip is longer than 10 days. Their max is 10 days so it's now $60 max whereas with Telus/Koodo, it's $100 max. Huge difference.

But yeah, $1 per day difference otherwise
Jun 10, 2016
17 posts
6 upvotes
Existing customer with Ontario #
MB/SK plan 48/5GB

just tried to call
got a NO from CSR then she transferred to
" Support team" Got NO also

she even said the MB/SK plan im on is a very good plan and usually if they see an Ontario # on a MB/SK Plan they have to switch people over but....she going let me keep my plan

i said i can technically port out and port back in on a new line and get the promo but its such a big hassle

she said you technically can but that would be " UNETHICAL" and " SRY New activations only"

i guess ill try again later tonight
Deal Fanatic
Jun 7, 2008
5064 posts
2638 upvotes
Toronto
HarrisonFord wrote: Has anyone ever had any issues losing their $48 Manitoba/Sask plan by referring someone else? Does it flag your account or anything like that?
lol nope
Current KOODO customer😎
Deal Fanatic
Jun 7, 2008
5064 posts
2638 upvotes
Toronto
EvilMonkey25 wrote: Can anyone comment on the reliability/coverage in the GVR versus say Telus/Rogers?
KOODO IS TELUS
Current KOODO customer😎
Deal Addict
Jun 26, 2006
2628 posts
1003 upvotes
GTA
OMG....I did it! I finally did it over the phone!

The customer relations was awesome..he did it right away.

Total time 1 hour and 40 minutes (including callback and wait time).

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)