Hot Deals

[Koodo] BlackBerry KEY2 LE | $0 Medium Tab ($360)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 16th, 2018 1:41 pm
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2006
1049 posts
158 upvotes
Vaughan
mikedolo wrote:
Oct 13th, 2018 7:01 pm
Nokia 7.1 $517 taxes in for Ontario. Decent price. I wonder how much the lg g7 one will go for. Key2 le is really trash.
Really? A Nokia product? That company is Finnished. Like is it a Windows phone? Cuz I think the fact that they made MS phones means that nothing they ever produce now will be relevant. How is that company not bankrupt? You couldn't pay me $517 just to unbox a PoS like that. It doesn't even have a physical keyboard. Total garbage. I'd buy a LG phone once they solve their historical bootloop issues which they can't so there you have it. Incredible that anyone with an IQ above zero would recommend a product that is a total and complete fail right out of the box. Trash. Garbage. Pointless.

What we are discussing here is a $360 phone with a physical keyboard. Get with the program junior. The Kudo Hawaii P20 is also $360? It doesn't have a keyboard. It doesn't have the hub. Any phone without native hub is trash, garbage, digital toilet paper. I have no idea how any one can prefer a phone that is different than what I personally prefer. My mom says I'm smart. I like BlackBerry keyboards. Therefore every other phone ever built has no good reason to exist. If you disagree it may be time to start questioning the point of your own continued existence.

Aha! See, I too can waste space in a RFD discussion about a product Face With Tears Of Joy

Mic

Useless FYI of the day: You can often buy 2 of the same product by spending 100% more than what you spent on 1! Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes But not always! Winking Face
May 13, 2011
763 posts
298 upvotes
Ajax
mobile_mic wrote:
Oct 14th, 2018 2:13 am
Really? A Nokia product? That company is Finnished. Like is it a Windows phone? Cuz I think the fact that they made MS phones means that nothing they ever produce now will be relevant. How is that company not bankrupt? You couldn't pay me $517 just to unbox a PoS like that. It doesn't even have a physical keyboard. Total garbage. I'd buy a LG phone once they solve their historical bootloop issues which they can't so there you have it. Incredible that anyone with an IQ above zero would recommend a product that is a total and complete fail right out of the box. Trash. Garbage. Pointless.

What we are discussing here is a $360 phone with a physical keyboard. Get with the program junior. The Kudo Hawaii P20 is also $360? It doesn't have a keyboard. It doesn't have the hub. Any phone without native hub is trash, garbage, digital toilet paper. I have no idea how any one can prefer a phone that is different than what I personally prefer. My mom says I'm smart. I like BlackBerry keyboards. Therefore every other phone ever built has no good reason to exist. If you disagree it may be time to start questioning the point of your own continued existence.

Aha! See, I too can waste space in a RFD discussion about a product Face With Tears Of Joy

Mic

Useless FYI of the day: You can often buy 2 of the same product by spending 100% more than what you spent on 1! Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes But not always! Winking Face
Nokia is still a top selling phone brand in Asia...the North American market isn't the end all and be all...
Deal Fanatic
Jun 3, 2006
7932 posts
3020 upvotes
Markham
ji2o0k wrote:
Oct 13th, 2018 11:10 pm
interesting....as an existing Koodo customer, looks like I get $120 in activation credits......this is for existing lines?

So I'd be paying $360 - 120 = $240? Might be worth a gamble!
Log on to self-serve, then go to shop phones. See if credit shows up when you upgrade or add a line, chances are upgrade only.
Deal Addict
Jun 5, 2006
2678 posts
184 upvotes
ji2o0k wrote:
Oct 13th, 2018 11:10 pm
interesting....as an existing Koodo customer, looks like I get $120 in activation credits......this is for existing lines?

So I'd be paying $360 - 120 = $240? Might be worth a gamble!
Does it actually show $240 as your price? That would be sweet.

For me logged in I see the price as $480 - 120 Activation Credit = $360. Then I could choose a tab to put that $360 on. But it's $360 after $120 credits are factored in.
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
20098 posts
1765 upvotes
Toronto
Smashy wrote:
Oct 14th, 2018 12:07 pm

For me logged in I see the price as $480 - 120 Activation Credit = $360. Then I could choose a tab to put that $360 on. But it's $360 after $120 credits are factored in.
ahhhh yes, you are correct good sir - I added it to the cart and it is showing the $480 retail price - $120 activation credits to bring the phone down to $360.....I misunderstood.....darn!

$240 would be worth a gamble....$360 - not so much.....

thanks for clarifying!
Deal Addict
Jun 18, 2008
4802 posts
3620 upvotes
Montreal
ji2o0k wrote:
Oct 14th, 2018 12:35 pm
ahhhh yes, you are correct good sir - I added it to the cart and it is showing the $480 retail price - $120 activation credits to bring the phone down to $360.....I misunderstood.....darn!

thanks for clarifying!
I dunno man, I think it's an absolute steal at this price. People need to look at it in context to the shitty Canadian Dollar. Converted this is a $275US phone, I see the American launch price is $399. What's holding me back is the convoluted process and not sure I want to stop using my Passport or Z30.
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
20098 posts
1765 upvotes
Toronto
ottofly wrote:
Oct 14th, 2018 1:25 pm
I dunno man, I think it's an absolute steal at this price. People need to look at it in context to the shitty Canadian Dollar. Converted this is a $275US phone, I see the American launch price is $399. What's holding me back is the convoluted process and not sure I want to stop using my Passport or Z30.
true true....I'm ok with the process (somewhat) and I'm still rocking a Passport as well....it is working well and not sure if I want to cough up $360 for the Key2 LE - I'm cheap! LOL.....
Deal Addict
Jun 5, 2006
2678 posts
184 upvotes
ji2o0k wrote:
Oct 14th, 2018 12:35 pm

thanks for clarifying!
That would have been an incredible deal. I'm still going to order one now for $360 on tab, considering I'm getting $180 in credits from the switch over to Koodo. It'll be nice again not having to spend so much time making corrections while typing on these touchscreen keyboards!
Deal Fanatic
Jun 3, 2006
7932 posts
3020 upvotes
Markham
ottofly wrote:
Oct 14th, 2018 1:25 pm
You're going to at some point. Might want to look into disabling BlackBerry Protect as well or else you might end up bricking the phone.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 3, 2006
7932 posts
3020 upvotes
Markham
Smashy wrote:
Oct 14th, 2018 12:07 pm

Well some existing customers have that ongoing $150 bill credit on Medium tab... so you never know. I'm actually thinking if I should pay off the tab for my Essential and wait if they step that offer up for Black Friday. If it's $210 I might just buy one for shits and giggles lol.
Deal Addict
Jun 5, 2006
2678 posts
184 upvotes
Can anyone confirm whether the Key2 screen protectors fit the Key2 LE perfectly or not? Mostly the front camera hole is in question I'm guessing.
[OP]
Oct 1, 2013
584 posts
477 upvotes
Smashy wrote:
Oct 16th, 2018 6:02 pm
Can anyone confirm whether the Key2 screen protectors fit the Key2 LE perfectly or not? Mostly the front camera hole is in question I'm guessing.
The phones are the same dimensions.
Deal Addict
Jun 5, 2006
2678 posts
184 upvotes
dealxtremeleecher wrote:
Oct 16th, 2018 9:51 pm
The phones are the same dimensions.
No, they are slightly different.

For anyone wondering, some members on Crackberry have tried Key2 cases on the Key2 LE and they don't quite fit. You can get them on but they fit about "70-80%" well. One or more ports will be a bit off too. So far the only cases available for the Key2 LE are a clear one and a black CoverON branded TPU one on Amazon/Ebay. I'm trying the CoverON one and it should be good enough for now like the numerous S-Line TPU ones on Ebay.

Screen protectors for the Key2 also don't fit perfectly apparently, even though the actual displays are the same. I'll confirm this once mine arrives as I ordered a Key2 version for my Key2 LE.
Nov 17, 2014
162 posts
54 upvotes
Toronto
Smashy wrote:
Oct 19th, 2018 8:20 am
No, they are slightly different.

For anyone wondering, some members on Crackberry have tried Key2 cases on the Key2 LE and they don't quite fit. You can get them on but they fit about "70-80%" well. One or more ports will be a bit off too. So far the only cases available for the Key2 LE are a clear one and a black CoverON branded TPU one on Amazon/Ebay. I'm trying the CoverON one and it should be good enough for now like the numerous S-Line TPU ones on Ebay.

Screen protectors for the Key2 also don't fit perfectly apparently, even though the actual displays are the same. I'll confirm this once mine arrives as I ordered a Key2 version for my Key2 LE.
Thanks! Please keep us posted. Mine should arrive today so i'm excited!! Couldn't find a case or screen protector for it though, so i would be interested in your findings.