Hot Deals

[Koodo] Certified Pre-owned Samsung Galaxy S10 - $0 Tab Med/ $120 Tab Small = $360

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 6th, 2020 5:03 pm
[OP]
Jun 26, 2013
305 posts
468 upvotes
Toronto

[Koodo] Certified Pre-owned Samsung Galaxy S10 - $0 Tab Med/ $120 Tab Small = $360

Koodo pre-owned phones come like new, in a generic box, no headphones.

Certified Pre-owned Samsung Galaxy S10
$0 Upfront + $15/m for 2 years on medium tab = $360
$120 Upfront + $10/m for 2 years on small tab = $360

*If you cancel or upgrade during the 2 years period, you will be required to pay the remaining tab balance + phone credit associated with the phone.
Last edited by NervousTeenager on Mar 18th, 2020 5:59 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Thread Summary
259 replies
Jan 18, 2016
605 posts
617 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
Phone credit is $375 so forget about buy and cancel.
Nov 21, 2018
11 posts
419 upvotes
It's honestly not a terrible deal, but everyone's got to check their plan. Apparently starting mid February it's mandatory now to switch to an in market plan to perform an upgrade
Aug 26, 2019
73 posts
53 upvotes
The6ix
...are you expecting for Koodo to let you do THAT in the foreseeble future?Confused Face
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2004
4836 posts
1363 upvotes
GTEH!
Darkstar1987 wrote: It's honestly not a terrible deal, but everyone's got to check their plan. Apparently starting mid February it's mandatory now to switch to an in market plan to perform an upgrade
Thanks for sharing.
No wonder everytime I try and upgrade phone it wants me to switch plans. Now I know why.
Koodo's really changed........for worse. Smiling Face With Horns
😎
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2007
2453 posts
2094 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Darkstar1987 wrote: It's honestly not a terrible deal, but everyone's got to check their plan. Apparently starting mid February it's mandatory now to switch to an in market plan to perform an upgrade
Really??? So they try to kick people off lkkey plan $40/8GB, to get hardware upgrade.
Bright side of RFD: 4 X Koodo $40/8GB plan
Dark side of RFD: Tons of stuff that I don't need but still got them because of RFD
Sep 12, 2016
72 posts
32 upvotes
Wow are you serious?

C'mon Koodo.
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2015
1088 posts
1071 upvotes
Toronto, ON
There is slight loophole on the requirement of selecting a new plan when upgrading.

1. Add a phone to cart.
2. It asks you to select a new plan. Go to Select Plan. Now a list of your plan at the top and existing plans pop up. Do not select anything.
3. Go to Home screen by selecting Shop>Phones.
4. Select your cart at the top of the page. Now it should allow you to get the phone with your current plan.
5. Pay tab balance (and phone credit if applicable) and checkout.
Koodo $40 10GB!
Feb 26, 2017
506 posts
365 upvotes
Well in that case it’s a terrible deal lol. They can pry my 40/6 plan from my cold, dead hands. I certainly won’t be signing any contracts for the foreseeable future.
[OP]
Jun 26, 2013
305 posts
468 upvotes
Toronto
Webhead wrote: Thanks for sharing.
No wonder everytime I try and upgrade phone it wants me to switch plans. Now I know why.
Koodo's really changed........for worse. Smiling Face With Horns
I don't know if it is a glitch. I ran into the same as you did. Instead of choosing a new plan, I clicked "My cart" Icon again and it bypassed the choose your plan page. I was able to checkout and keep my current plan.
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2016
1184 posts
1314 upvotes
ya so it looks like they force you to take an in market plan now. Good thing i just got an upgrade in December. Got a cheap iphone xr and sold it. If i upgrade now it won't/can't be from koodo.

*edit
NervousTeenager wrote: I don't know if it is a glitch. I ran into the same as you did. Instead of choosing a new plan, I clicked "My cart" Icon again and it bypassed the choose your plan page. I was able to checkout and keep my current plan.
this seems to bypass the new plan requirement nice find
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2004
4836 posts
1363 upvotes
GTEH!
SureshA720227 wrote: There is slight loophole on the requirement of selecting a new plan when upgrading.

1. Add a phone to cart.
2. It asks you to select a new plan. Go to Select Plan. Now a list of your plan at the top and existing plans pop up. Do not select anything.
3. Go to Home screen by selecting Shop>Phones.
4. Select your cart at the top of the page. Now it should allow you to get the phone with your current plan.
5. Pay tab balance (and phone credit if applicable) and checkout.
NervousTeenager wrote: I don't know if it is a glitch. I ran into the same as you did. Instead of choosing a new plan, I clicked "My cart" Icon again and it bypassed the choose your plan page. I was able to checkout and keep my current plan.
Might try this and see what happens.

Update: Tried your suggestions, did not work. Insisted I pick a NEW (in-market) plan. Maybe they fixed the loophole/glitch now.
Oh well, been thinking about switching to Zoomer and their March Promo plans.
😎
Mar 31, 2019
2 posts
Trying again and again ... but it just kicks me out of my account... thanks for the tip though
Sep 20, 2007
789 posts
268 upvotes
GVRD
I'm not sure if the agent can over-ride to keep existing plans (e.g. $40 migration plan). The online system makes you to switch to currently in market plan.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)