Apr 22, 2012
12 posts
76 upvotes
Toronto
Kevin81 wrote:
Aug 28th, 2017 4:11 pm
hi!

on the phone with Koodo now!

currently have the 34$ 1gb unlimited talk and text with bonus 2gb of data (so 34$ for 3 gb) and overage of 5$/250mb.

was just offered to keep my bonus data and tack on an extra 500mb if i switch to the 49 6gb plan, so 49 for 8.5 gb (5$ per 100mb overage)

Do I switch!?

(last 3 months i usilrd used 5gb of data l, which was a first. until then, i had steady under 3gb usage)
Yes - you should switch - its a no brainer !!!
Deal Addict
Jul 12, 2004
3855 posts
355 upvotes
Toronto
Kevin81 wrote:
Aug 28th, 2017 4:11 pm
hi!

on the phone with Koodo now!

currently have the 34$ 1gb unlimited talk and text with bonus 2gb of data (so 34$ for 3 gb) and overage of 5$/250mb.

was just offered to keep my bonus data and tack on an extra 500mb if i switch to the 49 6gb plan, so 49 for 8.5 gb (5$ per 100mb overage)

Do I switch!?

(last 3 months i usilrd used 5gb of data l, which was a first. until then, i had steady under 3gb usage)
IMO $49 for 8gb is a steal...i'd jump on it if i were you.
Data prices have been going up, not down (market rates anyways)
May 13, 2012
199 posts
23 upvotes
Toronto
I called retentions twice but had no luck either. The second time I called, I asked about any plans under $50 to meet my budget? Right away he said are you referring to RedFlagDeals.com and $48 promo. I said no but he went on to say that Koodo is aware of rfd and they are always doing fraud and legality checks. I told him I have no idea what he's talking about but thanks for his "help". Hopefully you guys will have better luck
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2012
1220 posts
369 upvotes
Winnipeg
Well I am already have 48$ Manitoba plan as I live in Winnipeg, gives me 5+1GB data with 1000 Int'l minutes... wouldn't hurt to have extra 2GB data..Would be surprised to get it match with WIND/FREEDOM as they don't have any services in MB..I will give a shot and and see how that goes.
Last edited by shampygarg on Aug 28th, 2017 4:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Aug 27, 2017
11 posts
4 upvotes
I just called Virgin Mobile. I now have 6GB, Canada wide plus 1000 min LD to certain countries for $45 plus taxes on a BC plan
Jul 10, 2015
73 posts
54 upvotes
Niagara Falls, ON
So how many actually managed to get this?
Deal Addict
Jun 26, 2006
2512 posts
871 upvotes
GTA
windowsmile_99 wrote:
Aug 28th, 2017 4:20 pm
I called retentions twice but had no luck either. The second time I called, I asked about any plans under $50 to meet my budget? Right away he said are you referring to RedFlagDeals.com and $48 promo. I said no but he went on to say that Koodo is aware of rfd and they are always doing fraud and legality checks. I told him I have no idea what he's talking about but thanks for his "help". Hopefully you guys will have better luck
LOL!

Well..there are about 200 people view this thread right now.

Plus iPhoneinCanada and MobileSyrup posted it on their website as well, so I bet Koodo hotline is being hammered right now.
:)
Sep 21, 2012
37 posts
9 upvotes
NANAIMO
Called in, on the call for 1.5hrs(customer service transferred me to Loyalty). Spoke with someone, I mentioned I knew someone that got this plan and they told me my friend fabricated the story. There is no 1gb bonus for $0 or $1. This is what's broken in this system. If freedom mobile offers me $50/10GB I'm switching. I've had enough of this complete nonsense. Maybe if Freedom grows large enough other companies will take notice and realize they need to start modifying their plans but at that point it will be too late.
Nov 27, 2003
295 posts
106 upvotes
Any of you guys that got that willing to privately share their number with me? My very helpful rep (El Salvador vs QC) said that the plan is not active on their end but is willing to look at what it is that the successful people are getting and see why it's not in his system.

The other question for all of you, Ontarians that got in on the deal, can you tell if you were being serviced by QC or by a foreign customer service center? I'm wondering if that's a difference.

Thank you!
Nov 22, 2011
247 posts
109 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
Lupin wrote:
Aug 28th, 2017 4:48 pm
Any of you guys that got that willing to privately share their number with me? My very helpful rep (El Salvador vs QC) said that the plan is not active on their end but is willing to look at what it is that the successful people are getting and see why it's not in his system.

The other question for all of you, Ontarians that got in on the deal, can you tell if you were being serviced by QC or by a foreign customer service center? I'm wondering if that's a difference.

Thank you!
I'd also appreciate it anyone who've been able to get this deal would mind sharing the phone number privately, for the same reason. The rep wanted to see how the other Koodo reps applied the savings in order to replicate it. Thank you in advance!
Aug 21, 2005
157 posts
48 upvotes
Edmonton
The customer service guy basically laffed my suggestion out of the park, told me no offer available to my area. Told me Freedom Mobile isn't a competitor. Been with koodoo 5+ years and have a good plan, it's still better to make the switch to Freedom mobile.

Anyone have experience with freedom ? aka WIND

Located Edmonton, AB
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2014
2484 posts
1372 upvotes
Langley
dc2000 wrote:
Aug 28th, 2017 4:39 pm
Called in, on the call for 1.5hrs(customer service transferred me to Loyalty). Spoke with someone, I mentioned I knew someone that got this plan and they told me my friend fabricated the story. There is no 1gb bonus for $0 or $1. This is what's broken in this system. If freedom mobile offers me $50/10GB I'm switching. I've had enough of this complete nonsense. Maybe if Freedom grows large enough other companies will take notice and realize they need to start modifying their plans but at that point it will be too late.
My mom has freedom and evenon their new LTE network it isn't very good.
She gets dropped calls frequently and for some reason, almost every time someone calls her the initial call drops and you have to call her again.

I would stay away from Freedom for now if you do any sort of business with your phone. Personal stuff, you may be willing to use it.
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2008
1072 posts
742 upvotes
Toronto - Markham/Sc…
ZoNeD wrote:
Aug 28th, 2017 4:52 pm
The customer service guy basically laffed my suggestion out of the park, told me no offer available to my area. Told me Freedom Mobile isn't a competitor. Been with koodoo 5+ years and have a good plan, it's still better to make the switch to Freedom mobile.

Anyone have experience with freedom ? aka WIND

Located Edmonton, AB
Can we just stop with all of the Freedom Mobile nonsense please?

They aren't even remotely the same tier of service. Anyone who tells you that they are is outright lying to you.

I sit beside a guy at work with "Freedom" and he gets zero cell signal at his desk. Like literally, zero! You can't text him, call him or whatsapp him cause the coverage is so damn terrible he gets no services whatsoever.
This is at Yonge and Dundas (the centre of Toronto).

Anyone who wants freedom mobile, go start a separate thread and let's keep focused on the koodo deal, please.
Last edited by amkorp on Aug 28th, 2017 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sep 6, 2011
857 posts
1167 upvotes
Looks like the OP (and others) got 3 separate 1GB service added by the agent.

1. Data 1GB for $1.
2. Data 1GB for $0. (maybe this could be added twice depending on their system)
3. Bonus 1GB data.

If you get an agent that knows what they're doing, they can do it for you, if you get a clueless agent, hang up and call again.