Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Koodo

Deleted Post

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 31st, 2017 3:03 am
Oct 14, 2014
498 posts
332 upvotes
Toronto, ON
titaniumtux wrote: I'm impressed with the deal on this thread. It's news to me that Koodo even has data add-ons (I only call their loyalty team to cancel). Also impressed that they were able to squeeze in the overseas calling (which would be many times more awesome if it included the UK, but without that, it's not as impressive...UK calling opens a gateway to calling probably 120+ destinations free).

I know that data is king, and this is not a bad deal. Would be nice if compatible with tab large, too (to sometimes leverage bigger tab discounts depending on the promo). As I have access to QC plans, I'm not overly concerned with Rest of Canada market dumps and loyalty deals, but I must say, for once, this tops the in-market QC deal. Congrats OP.
The add-ons they have as I know:
1 GB bonus (free)
1 GB for $1
1 GB for $5
1 GB for $20
and others like 2GB for $8 or $6 something.
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
15560 posts
14184 upvotes
Going to the Moon
RobinHou wrote: The add-ons they have as I know:
1 GB bonus (free)
1 GB for $1
1 GB for $5
1 GB for $20
and others like 2GB for $8 or $6 something.
Sounds like they're all loyalty add-ons, since even Koodo forum could not speak about these data add-ons.
Premium Life: CDC [Icey Private Status]/SwissBorg Genesis/InLock/Netflix UHD [100% off]/Amazon [Prime 100% off]/Instacart [Express]
Feb 7, 2006
205 posts
58 upvotes
GTA
How do you reach their loyalty team/department?
Happy Koodo & Lucky mobile user
Oct 14, 2014
498 posts
332 upvotes
Toronto, ON
titaniumtux wrote: Sounds like they're all loyalty add-ons, since even Koodo forum could not speak about these data add-ons.
Correct.
Feb 25, 2009
642 posts
345 upvotes
gamer602 wrote: No effort needed
Upgrade and got a new phone
How long have u been a Koodo customer? Which department did u reach to get the deal? Thanks
Feb 25, 2009
642 posts
345 upvotes
14 pages of discussion after, how many people successfully got OP's plan?
Aug 17, 2008
422 posts
122 upvotes
Toronto
goal80 wrote: Anyone knows any plan that gives 2 GB and unlimited calls/texts for less than$40 for Quebec?
Yes, Zoomer wireless - there's a recent post on it. It is $36 for 2gb and 400 Canada wide/free after 6pm, weekends free, vm, unlimited messaging includes int'l), call display. They give you a free phone, and it's a 2 yr contract. After 6 moths, there is retention plans: $36 2gb unlimited canada or $45 4gb unlimited and both have same features but enhanced vm.
It is same signal as Rogers. Plus you get a free carp membership - which gives you discounts (one in particular is Swiss chalet).
Deal Expert
Feb 13, 2012
16158 posts
5679 upvotes
VANCOUVER
duckian wrote: How do you reach their loyalty team/department?
Surefire way is to tell them you would like to cancel, or thinking about cancelling.
May 8, 2016
253 posts
342 upvotes
So this is a loyalty offer? For existing Koodo customers only? I'm on Fido right now. Is there a way for me to get this offer?
Deal Fanatic
Aug 3, 2014
6089 posts
4352 upvotes
Kevin81 wrote: hi!

on the phone with Koodo now!

currently have the 34$ 1gb unlimited talk and text with bonus 2gb of data (so 34$ for 3 gb) and overage of 5$/250mb.

was just offered to keep my bonus data and tack on an extra 500mb if i switch to the 49 6gb plan, so 49 for 8.5 gb (5$ per 100mb overage)

Do I switch!?

(last 3 months i usilrd used 5gb of data l, which was a first. until then, i had steady under 3gb usage)
rejectedfromhell wrote: Yes - you should switch - its a no brainer !!!
SuckaB wrote: IMO $49 for 8gb is a steal...i'd jump on it if i were you.
Data prices have been going up, not down (market rates anyways)
He is in QC. $49 for 8.5 GB is not really a steal in QC.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 3, 2014
6089 posts
4352 upvotes
Joe_Dirt wrote: I tried calling as a potential new customer not necessarily to get this deal but thought they might be able to offer better than their advertised prices...no go.
So, why do you think they are even advertising those prices? They are specifically for new customers. There is no need to even glance at the rest of your post.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 3, 2014
6089 posts
4352 upvotes
dealseeker2206 wrote: I called today, I had no luck. Only thing i was able to get was a 50 dollar bill credit. Luckily my tab was over and he said that your plan is not suppose to be for your region (Quebec plan), I told him I have no issues porting out. That was the end of that reason. Could not score a price reduction on my plan, if I increased my data usage I'm sure I could have gotten it very discounted. Understandably so, I was looking for a decrease in my existing plan without increasing the usage. Spent about a hour and had no luck. Best of luck to you other people.
Not in QC, has a cheap QC plan, is trying to get an even better deal... No wonder their hold times are so long.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 3, 2014
6089 posts
4352 upvotes
djdestroyer wrote: For someone in Ottawa, is it better to just go with the Videotron deal (unlimited talk + text + 6gb data for $50 but lowered by $5 per line for every line added up to 3 [i.e. if you have 4 lines, you all pay $35])?

You lose 2gb of data but save ~$15 per month (depending on how many lines you group together). You also don't have to worry about potentially being forced into an in-province 'market rate' plan.

Ottawans?
Videotron is the only reason these plans even exist in QC/Ottawa. Why give your money to ROBELUS and contribute to their gouging of the country?
Deal Fanatic
Aug 3, 2014
6089 posts
4352 upvotes
Kevin81 wrote: My current plan charges 5$ per 250mb overage block. the 49 plan charge 5$ per 100mb.
If i use less than 3 gigs, i currently pay just 34. New plan, i'd pay 49.
If i use up to 3.75 gigs, i'd pay 49 with either plan.

If i use 5.5gigs, i only pay 49 with the new plan. With my current ill be charged 84$. But, basically if i use more data than that, i still only pay 84$. I'm essentially on a 49 for 3.75gig plan, or unlimited data for 84$ a month.

Can anyone confirm if there is any maximum overage amount that you can be charged with the new plans?
You are not on unlimited data for any amount. There is no maximum overage amount you will be charged. When you reach $50 in overages, they block your data until you approve that you want to keep using data and pay even more $$$. With Koodo's new plans, they call Shock-Free Data, your data is blocked when you reach your plan's limit. Then you have the option to purchase 1 GB at $20, or use more data at whatever your plan's overage rate is.
Oct 5, 2012
145 posts
48 upvotes
BC
hvwozq wrote: You are not on unlimited data for any amount. There is no maximum overage amount you will be charged. When you reach $50 in overages, they block your data until you approve that you want to keep using data and pay even more $$$. With Koodo's new plans, they call Shock-Free Data, your data is blocked when you reach your plan's limit. Then you have the option to purchase 1 GB at $20, or use more data at whatever your plan's overage rate is.
This. In fact, this shock free data is fantastic. You simply text "yes" when they stop your data with a text message to get your permission to charge you $5 for 100MB more.

I somehow ran out of my 8GB data the day before (it was the last day of my billing cycle). It was painful. But it's great to know that they'll stop you when you've maxed it out and will warn if you're really close to your max.

Edit: I wonder if this will no longer be a QC only plan then. I mean yes, I know the title of the thread, but is this for real? Is it temp or perm ongoing retention "deal"? IIRC this sort of plan isn't technically available for anyone outside of QC.
Dec 4, 2013
65 posts
119 upvotes
Whitby
Thank you OP although I didn't not have as pleasent or easy of time getting this deal after 2.5 hrs they did give me a much better deal then I was getting. Shaved my bill from $124.87 to $55
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
15560 posts
14184 upvotes
Going to the Moon
hvwozq wrote: He is in QC. $49 for 8.5 GB is not really a steal in QC.
The in-market deal is 6GB for $49 in QC on Virgin/Koodo/Fido, so it's still a pretty good deal (although for close in price you'll get more data on promo with Bell or Telus in QC).
hvwozq wrote:
Videotron is the only reason these plans even exist in QC/Ottawa. Why give your money to ROBELUS and contribute to their gouging of the country?
Ottawa's a funny place. Ottawa 613 numbers land you on Rest of Canada plans (just like the lousy rates those in GTA and Vancouver pay), yet switch to an 819 number and you have access to QC plans with everybody (and it's a local number). The big three couldn't care less, because they know it's still a minority of users in Ottawa who have QC cell numbers. In fact, many in Gatineau foolishly hold on to their 613 numbers.
hvwozq wrote:
You are not on unlimited data for any amount. There is no maximum overage amount you will be charged. When you reach $50 in overages, they block your data until you approve that you want to keep using data and pay even more $$$. With Koodo's new plans, they call Shock-Free Data, your data is blocked when you reach your plan's limit. Then you have the option to purchase 1 GB at $20, or use more data at whatever your plan's overage rate is.
@hvwozq nothing to do with Stock Free Data here. There is no limit to overages as long as the subscriber continues to accept the charges via sms or web browser.
Premium Life: CDC [Icey Private Status]/SwissBorg Genesis/InLock/Netflix UHD [100% off]/Amazon [Prime 100% off]/Instacart [Express]
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2008
3874 posts
5397 upvotes
Oakville
Lupin wrote: Any of you guys that got that willing to privately share their number with me? My very helpful rep (El Salvador vs QC) said that the plan is not active on their end but is willing to look at what it is that the successful people are getting and see why it's not in his system.

The other question for all of you, Ontarians that got in on the deal, can you tell if you were being serviced by QC or by a foreign customer service center? I'm wondering if that's a difference.

Thank you!
I know enough people that work for Phoen companies. They ask you for another number for either of two reasons.

1) they genuinely want to offer you something
2) they want to escalate and get the rep that offered you the deal in trouble if the rep didn't follow pricing guidelines for the jurisdiction the customer is in. (E.g. The rep gave Ontario guy Manitoba plan)
-ZdpZ... ;)
Deal Fanatic
Jun 3, 2006
9101 posts
4567 upvotes
12 days north of Hop…
ryanltan wrote: Dont Try it. They will flag your account and tell you to change to in market plan in your province in 30 days
But you technically are changing to an Ontario eligible plan lol.