• Aug 31st, 2017 3:03 am
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2007
4911 posts
3339 upvotes
Calgary
rejectedfromhell wrote:
Aug 28th, 2017 6:25 pm
This was absolutely not the case with me. Like I mentioned I was offered the plan by customer service. It is very disappointing that although I took time to share will all of you readers and I am being blamed. This is very demotivating.
Only one dude questioned it and he wasn't mean about it. don't worry about it.
Feb 16, 2016
251 posts
135 upvotes
rejectedfromhell wrote:
Aug 28th, 2017 6:25 pm
This was absolutely not the case with me. Like I mentioned I was offered the plan by customer service. It is very disappointing that although I took time to share will all of you readers and I am being blamed. This is very demotivating.
Is the story of one rep true? He mentioned you got the plan due to Koodo taking very long to provide a phone. If that's the case, this is really YMMV as not a lot of people have the same conditions to get this offer. And take it easy, we all appreciate the post.
Nov 26, 2015
147 posts
70 upvotes
MisterEyeCandy wrote:
Aug 28th, 2017 5:19 pm
Is the Freedom network bad in comparison to Koodo? I'm in Edmonton, Alberta, if that matters.

I am thinking of just porting out my 2 Koodo accounts to Freedom if the retention plan isn't available so any help is appreciated.
I was with Wind for a year in Edmonton in 2016 - worst experience I've ever had with a mobile carrier.

The issue isn't that the city isn't covered (I'd say about 90% is), but that its so brutally slow that it doesn't matter how much data you have because you'll never have the patience to use it. It would often take upwards of a minute just to load facebook/twitter/google. Forget watching any videos or playing games that require a constant internet connection.

I realize some people have had better experiences than I did, but I would never go back no matter how cheap they are.
What we do in life, echoes in eternity.
Sep 30, 2008
361 posts
115 upvotes
Toronto
We should just have a dedicated "RFD koodo rep" who hooks long time rfders up with plans like these.... Just a thought
PROUD KOODO CLIENT!
:)
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2016
3676 posts
2313 upvotes
Calgary/Vancouver
God damn Mobilesyrup posted it on their site. Way to kill the buzz. Everytime something gets posted on MS, Any retention department just shuts everyone down.
Current Fido customer.
Ex Koodo customer.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 1, 2006
5026 posts
271 upvotes
bomber17 wrote:
Aug 28th, 2017 7:05 pm
God damn Mobilesyrup posted it on their site. Way to kill the buzz. Everytime something gets posted on MS, Any retention department just shuts everyone down.
I hate that site.. they serve no purpose.. more importantly, they have no vision.. one minute a mobile tech site, then just a tech site, then a game site and now another linkedin with job postings... they're after the traffic, that's all..
C:\RFD>ih8lowballers.bat_
May 14, 2013
427 posts
473 upvotes
RFD
bomber17 wrote:
Aug 28th, 2017 7:05 pm
This is hilarious, they report that many other people were able to get the deal. And as far as I can tell, only 1 person got the deal - and that was the OP.
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2013
4979 posts
1088 upvotes
Manila, Philippines
TheAccountant wrote:
Aug 28th, 2017 7:18 pm
This is hilarious, they report that many other people were able to get the deal. And as far as I can tell, only 1 person got the deal - and that was the OP.
May be its another adobe illustrator abode Photoshop plan.

Freedom Mobile

Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2013
4979 posts
1088 upvotes
Manila, Philippines
TheAccountant wrote:
Aug 28th, 2017 7:18 pm
May be its another adobe illustrator abode Photoshop plan.

Freedom Mobile

Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2008
4704 posts
1526 upvotes
Toronto
TypeVR6 wrote:
Aug 28th, 2017 7:09 pm
I hate that site.. they serve no purpose.. more importantly, they have no vision.. one minute a mobile tech site, then just a tech site, then a game site and now another linkedin with job postings... they're after the traffic, that's all..
They are worse than BGR lol.

Yet, get invited to test drive new devices and "review" them.
Sep 13, 2014
27 posts
3 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Thanks op. I wasn't able to get the deal offered to the op but was able to get 4 gigs for $45. Had 1 gig for $40 before.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2011
1436 posts
226 upvotes
Calgary
MisterEyeCandy wrote:
Aug 28th, 2017 5:19 pm
Is the Freedom network bad in comparison to Koodo? I'm in Edmonton, Alberta, if that matters.

I am thinking of just porting out my 2 Koodo accounts to Freedom if the retention plan isn't available so any help is appreciated.
I had excellent reception with 'freedom' when it was still Wind last year. I just switched to PM this past Black Friday. I am in Calgary. The only negative was that I had slow data loading web pages sometimes. My plan included canada wide minutes vs AB only now and when I went to Montana for 4 days I roamed on the networks there, not caring about the cost really, I just used my phone as i would have in Canada, and the total cost was around $7. I texted back to Canada, made calls and used the data. It was a good plan for $39/5G and I never ever went over data. So far 4G on PM is enough for me and I do appreciate the faster data speeds. But the call quality was MILES AND MILES BETTER THAN ROGERS, who frequently dropped my calls from within Calgary city limits. I know others on Wind still and they seem to be fine with it. I would have stayed as well if the PM deal didn't pop up on BF. If you have Shaw Wifi to go then you are covered even more for slow data while out and about. Wind/Freedom doesn't seem that bad in Calgary or Edmonton.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2011
1436 posts
226 upvotes
Calgary
Joe_Dirt wrote:
Aug 28th, 2017 6:07 pm
I tried calling as a potential new customer not necessarily to get this deal but thought they might be able to offer better than their advertised prices...no go.
I would be bringing 4 new customers by switching our family plan from Rogers which at least had the rep's interest and he in fact took my number so he could go to the highest form of customer support (retentions) I suppose, although I simply asked for any discounts versus the Web or advertised price.
He called back and said unfortunately the prices shown are the best they could offer new customers and the only way to get any better is be with the Koodo for a period of time
It was worth a shot and as others have said we really are getting screwed on our wireless plans when so much of the US is now adopting true unlimited data for half what most of us are paying for a few gig.
I believe without government intervention and or more allowed and easier real competition this will not change in the near future...Until then, it's RFD and begging reps for better plans/ data and better pricing.
I had some visitors from Australia recently in Calgary and they were horrified at how expensive our cell/data plans are here. Just ridiculous. I don't know how we can change it. We are just too damn nice. (according to the Aussies lol)
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2008
3390 posts
651 upvotes
Calgary
I must be very lucky in Edmonton then, very usable data for me. Usual download 5 to 12mbps and upload around 1-2mbps. In fact, it has been fine to be my main line now and my PM line is the backup. I cannot wait for the iPhone 8 and with band 66, I would finally be able to use LTE
May 27, 2017
1 posts
I called today, I had no luck. Only thing i was able to get was a 50 dollar bill credit. Luckily my tab was over and he said that your plan is not suppose to be for your region (Quebec plan), I told him I have no issues porting out. That was the end of that reason. Could not score a price reduction on my plan, if I increased my data usage I'm sure I could have gotten it very discounted. Understandably so, I was looking for a decrease in my existing plan without increasing the usage. Spent about a hour and had no luck. Best of luck to you other people.