133 upvotes
Milton
RobinHou wrote:
Aug 29th, 2017 12:11 pm
Good enough.
Rocko24 wrote:
Aug 29th, 2017 1:01 pm
just jump on the $49 6GB QC plan....takes 20-30 min to set it all up
I'm already with Koodo so it is a bit of a pain to get that plan. Since I want to keep my number, I'd have to get a new account, do all the changes to that plan, then port my number over and close my current account. Ultimately it would save me 5 bucks per month but it just seems like such a hassle. If I was not yet with Koodo, I would do it in a heart beat.
Oct 26, 2016
250 posts
280 upvotes
Did anyone notice how this thread just got renamed to deleted post and op's first post was deleted? lol
Oct 26, 2016
250 posts
280 upvotes
Did anyone notice how this thread just got renamed to deleted post and op's first post was deleted? lol
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2014
2262 posts
625 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
hollywood115 wrote:
Aug 29th, 2017 7:18 pm
I'm already with Koodo so it is a bit of a pain to get that plan. Since I want to keep my number, I'd have to get a new account, do all the changes to that plan, then port my number over and close my current account. Ultimately it would save me 5 bucks per month but it just seems like such a hassle. If I was not yet with Koodo, I would do it in a heart beat.
$5 a month savings for a couple hours of work is worth it. Reevaluate your math.
Apr 8, 2007
720 posts
133 upvotes
Milton
djdestroyer wrote:
Aug 30th, 2017 12:22 am
$5 a month savings for a couple hours of work is worth it. Reevaluate your math.
My math is fine. The way I see it, I'd save $5 per month, have a huge hassle getting to these plans, and then I'd have to double up on a month to get it all done, that means an extra $49. This means I won't start saving any money (at $5 per month) until 10 months down the road. Big question mark on whether they will start cracking down on these plans for ONT residents. While they haven't cracked down on them yet, if they do, I'll no longer have my current plan which I consider to be pretty good and I may actually not have saved any money at all if it happens in the next 10 months.

So yea, I think my math is pretty good. Just not worth the hassle if I'm not even sure I'll be able to stick with the plan for long. It's only a matter of time before they start making people change their plans.
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2014
2262 posts
625 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
hollywood115 wrote:
Aug 30th, 2017 12:17 pm
My math is fine. The way I see it, I'd save $5 per month, have a huge hassle getting to these plans, and then I'd have to double up on a month to get it all done, that means an extra $49. This means I won't start saving any money (at $5 per month) until 10 months down the road. Big question mark on whether they will start cracking down on these plans for ONT residents. While they haven't cracked down on them yet, if they do, I'll no longer have my current plan which I consider to be pretty good and I may actually not have saved any money at all if it happens in the next 10 months.

So yea, I think my math is pretty good. Just not worth the hassle if I'm not even sure I'll be able to stick with the plan for long. It's only a matter of time before they start making people change their plans.
Did you read the thread at all? It's quick and easy and can be done in a few days (not a month) so you won't get "doubled up"
Deal Addict
May 24, 2011
1302 posts
298 upvotes
BC
looks like koodo must be an advertiser on RFD, getting RFD to pull this post because the plan "doesn't exist"...#alternativefacts
"Shorty wanna be a thug" -2pac
Mar 28, 2015
145 posts
33 upvotes
Rural AB
Yep pulling the original post looks a little strange me thinks Winking Face