Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Koodo

Essential Phone Black 128GB total $285+Tax (Targeted) on Tab Small/Medium

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 20th, 2018 4:35 pm
Sep 4, 2009
283 posts
253 upvotes
Milton, ON
asian wrote: Guys, I got this close, should I pull the trigger and commit. Will I lose my $60 for 10gb? Any one else get this far?
adding the $60 plan wont work, itll just ask you to select another plan.
Jun 21, 2010
781 posts
628 upvotes
London
SSNSSN wrote: Sorry to hear that.

Some RFDer said Koodo is trying to use these upgrade deals to kick people out of 10G/$60 plan. It looks it is true.
I cannot see anybody giving up the 10/60 plan with the way everything is being connected, Nest, Ecobee. Alexia, Ring, Google home. Also with 5G coming, there will be a greater need for data, as even more things will be connected. The current in market price for 10GB is $110. After 2 months you have lost the $100 "savings" on the phone.
TELUS Mobility
CAN/US $30 75GB x 4
CAN/US POM Tablet $0.00 x 2
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2015
3673 posts
4140 upvotes
Or you guys can get the Quebec plans when they come available during promotion with bonus data. I got the 6+2 GB QC plan for 49$ medium plan, and got the essential through it :). Happy camper here.
Stay strong, situation always looks harder and that it will never end when you are in the middle of it, but remember past experiences, everything has an ending.
Deal Addict
Oct 6, 2015
2759 posts
1122 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
I don't understand what's with the haters of this phone. I went out and bought it outright for $460 at Bestbuy and it works beautifully. My only concern was the phone got really hot while doing 6 consecutive updates after my initial turn on. After that the phone cooled down ever since and it's runs fantastic. At this price this should be a no brainier. I don't see any lags or touch screen problems and the camera is amazing.
[solicitation removed]
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2003
23188 posts
2327 upvotes
Singapore
NixxonExxo wrote: I don't understand what's with the haters of this phone. I went out and bought it outright for $460 at Bestbuy and it works beautifully. My only concern was the phone got really hot while doing 6 consecutive updates after my initial turn on. After that the phone cooled down ever since and it's runs fantastic. At this price this should be a no brainier. I don't see any lags or touch screen problems and the camera is amazing.
Do you know if I can take advantage of a trade-in at BB and still buy this phone outright?
Deal Addict
Oct 6, 2015
2759 posts
1122 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
Not sure but it could be worth calling around to ask because I can take one of my really old phones sitting around to trade in. I don't really care how much discount they can give at this point because this is worth every penny.
Sgt_Strider wrote: Do you know if I can take advantage of a trade-in at BB and still buy this phone outright?
[solicitation removed]
Nov 21, 2013
95 posts
73 upvotes
Snow Road Station, O…
NixxonExxo wrote: I don't understand what's with the haters of this phone. I went out and bought it outright for $460 at Bestbuy and it works beautifully. My only concern was the phone got really hot while doing 6 consecutive updates after my initial turn on. After that the phone cooled down ever since and it's runs fantastic. At this price this should be a no brainier. I don't see any lags or touch screen problems and the camera is amazing.
It is not a perfect phone, probably not worth the initial price ($699 USD). You can find tons of problems on YouTube after it was launched.

However, for $285 CAD, I have nothing to complain. More over, they keep updating the system, and most problems have been fixed.
Deal Guru
Jul 20, 2006
12734 posts
6256 upvotes
Finally ordered after contemplating for a few days, on the small tab with medium plan, $210 + tax.
Less than what I paid for the Moto X Play 2 years ago.
Nov 21, 2013
95 posts
73 upvotes
Snow Road Station, O…
bobcat99 wrote: Finally ordered after contemplating for a few days, on the small tab with medium plan, $210 + tax.
Less than what I paid for the Moto X Play 2 years ago.
$210 is a much hotter deal than my $285.
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2015
2472 posts
1906 upvotes
Newmarket, ON
With the way this phone has plummeted in price since it came out, it might be even cheaper in a few months.
Deal Addict
Apr 21, 2008
1753 posts
1902 upvotes
ama328 wrote: I email Koodo and they just reply and offer me the special on Tab small. I am not planning to use the phone at all and if anyone in Toronto/Scarborough area want that phone brand new then private message me. Looking to make $40-$50 on top of the $285+tax. I have until May 20 to redeem.
Man i wish you were in Calgary!
Dec 23, 2009
628 posts
53 upvotes
Markham
ama328 wrote: I email Koodo and they just reply and offer me the special on Tab small. I am not planning to use the phone at all and if anyone in Toronto/Scarborough area want that phone brand new then private message me. Looking to make $40-$50 on top of the $285+tax. I have until May 20 to redeem.
Pm sent
Sep 2, 2007
37 posts
12 upvotes
Toronto
Damn it, once I redeem the offer, their system force me to change my current plan to in-market. I am not willing to upgrade my plan. They said they won't allow me to keep my old plan and redeem the offer. I contact an independent dealer and they try it and their system also would not allow them to bypass the rate plan change requirement. So I win a battle by getting the offer but at the end couldn't get the offer. I am on the first gen Public Mobile plan that they force me to move to Koodo. None of the current plan would benefit me. Sorry for the one that PM me to offer me $ to get the phone. I just couldn't lose out on the old plan.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 24, 2004
8568 posts
4207 upvotes
Toronto (Central)
For those that did the PM switch, we have $100-credit on our bill so this would mean the phone would come out to $185+tax, right?
I currently have a Motorola G Play (running 7.1.1) - is this a worthy switch for the price, considering I can sell the Motorola for maybe $20?

The reviews I've read for the Essential Phone seem to be good but not excellent.
Oct 22, 2006
688 posts
305 upvotes
newt_101 wrote: For those that did the PM switch, we have $100-credit on our bill so this would mean the phone would come out to $185+tax, right?
I currently have a Motorola G Play (running 7.1.1) - is this a worthy switch for the price, considering I can sell the Motorola for maybe $20?

The reviews I've read for the Essential Phone seem to be good but not excellent.
That would make the phone $360-$100 = $260 + Tax - $50 Bill Credit. = $243.80 in Ontario with a Medium TAB.
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2011
1703 posts
814 upvotes
Mississauga
ama328 wrote: Damn it, once I redeem the offer, their system force me to change my current plan to in-market. I am not willing to upgrade my plan. They said they won't allow me to keep my old plan and redeem the offer. I contact an independent dealer and they try it and their system also would not allow them to bypass the rate plan change requirement. So I win a battle by getting the offer but at the end couldn't get the offer. I am on the first gen Public Mobile plan that they force me to move to Koodo. None of the current plan would benefit me. Sorry for the one that PM me to offer me $ to get the phone. I just couldn't lose out on the old plan.
I thought that plan was tab eligible? Can you not get any phones on tab?
Aug 4, 2004
902 posts
443 upvotes
Vancouver
For those considering the phone, I haven't had any issues with it. Definitely an upgrade from my craptastic LG G5 experience.
Licensed Automotive Technician
Sep 2, 2007
37 posts
12 upvotes
Toronto
hackoder wrote: I thought that plan was tab eligible? Can you not get any phones on tab?
My plan is too old to a point I must change plan in order to be on tap. The dealer was shocked that in order to take the tab I must change plan. Again, I'm on the first gen public mobile plan.
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2011
1703 posts
814 upvotes
Mississauga
ama328 wrote: My plan is too old to a point I must change plan in order to be on tap. The dealer was shocked that in order to take the tab I must change plan. Again, I'm on the first gen public mobile plan.
Isn't that just from last year? I think last year PM increased the price of those legacy plans by $3 and moved people over to Koodo if they wanted to keep the price?
Jun 24, 2009
170 posts
194 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
I'm a bit confused after reading the thread. Maybe someone can help me?
I'm on Public Mobiles 12gb/90d $40(-$2) plan. I don't have many loyalty credits so it's just $38/month for me, and I buy the 400m long distance add-on once a year to call canada-wide from time to time.

Should I switch to Koodo's 4gb/$40 (+canada-wide, int_text, -$100 bill credit) plan? Basically it's +$2 more a month for me, but I get the $100 bill credit and canada-wide which I use. Seems like a no-brainer and I should do it?

If I do switch, I would like to get the Essential Phone. Would I be able to get this $285 ($460-175credit) deal anyway on the Small Tab? I believe the Small Tab is allowed on the Koodoo 4gb/$40 offer. How do I go about in doing this? Would I go into a Telus/Koodo (or BestBuy) building and will they be able to offer me the phone right away when I port the number? Or should I port the number on a BYOP, and then try to get the Essential Phone online through the site? Or will I need to BYOP, then call in to see if they can offer me the Essential Phone Deal? Has anyone been able to do this as a new customer?

Assuming I can't get the $285 ($175 credit) deal, then it would be $460 (-$240 small tab) (-$100 PM bill credit) = $120CAD (and of course the taxes) is what I would be paying upfront?

I do not know what this "Positive Tab" is I see everyone has for $150? I assume as a new Koodo customer I won't have that right?

Any idea how I can get the $175 Bill Credit as a new Koodo customer who wants to port over from the PM->Koodo 4gb $40 plan? Assuming I can get that I should have to pay nothing up front on a Tab Small correct?

Any chance Koodo will be carrying the 3 new Essential Phone colours coming in 3 days?
Mobile: [Telus EPP $50 (20GB,UnlCanCall,UnlCanText)], [Rogers Corp+VoIP.ms $0+$0.85 (8GB,USRoam,PPUCanCall,PPUCanText)], [Freedom $16.17 (12Month 5GB HOME-416MB,UnlCanCall,UnlIntText)]
Internet: [Can-Com $85 (750/100-UnlData)]