Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Koodo

FREE Long Distance International 1,000 Minutes Calling Add On (New & Existing / Non-Retention / Select Countries)

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 29th, 2021 10:09 pm
Jan 26, 2015
22 posts
191 upvotes
Vancouver, BC

[Koodo] FREE Long Distance International 1,000 Minutes Calling Add On (New & Existing / Non-Retention / Select Countries)

I don’t recall seeing this advertised anywhere, so this could be HOT (or I could be outdated haha). Here goes:

I stumbled upon this by luck after hearing from Koodo store reps this weekend that they’re offering 1,000 long distance international minutes for free, as part of the Lunar New Year promo. They said it was for new customers and in-store only (which I always take with a grain of salt because they’re commission-based). So I called retention (4 times, for other reasons) and I wanted to test the limit. I was surprised to find out that they were able to add it for me, even on my existing account, with no questions asked. The experience was similar to asking for a 1GB add-on back in the old days. Retention informed me that this is a code anyone can add (even a regular tier 1 rep).

Details

- $0 add on for both NEW & EXISTING customers
- 1,000 minutes of long distance calling to: Australia, Bangladesh, United Kingdom, Germany, China, Hong Kong, India, Italy, Mexico, Taiwan
- Anyone should be able to add for you, but if the rep is dumb, then escalate to loyalty & retention or hang up and schedule another callback
- No expiry no limitation no credit. Simply a $0 add-on that stays on your account until you make changes/upgrades (sometimes it can stay but no guarantees)
- The minutes usage are NOT TRACKABLE on Self Serve. You have to track it manually yourself
- Promo ends February 9, 2020 according to a retention rep in Montreal

How to get the deal?

Call Koodo. I believe the only way to get a call with Koodo now is to “schedule a callback” via Koodo Assist (https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help). TIP: If you type "Cancel" as your initial response and choose "schedule a callback" afterwards, Koodo will call you immediately. If there’s another way, please let me know. Mention about the Lunar New Year Promo 1,000 minute international add-on. They should be able to find the CODE to add it for you. Keep pushing as I’ve called numerous times and everyone was able to find it eventually (some take longer, while some knew right away).

You technically don’t need retention team to do it, but retention did it for mine. I added it for my account and my partner’s.

As always, YMMV so let us know your experience. Best of luck and happy calling internationally!
Images
  • 0B7443ED-4B56-4F89-AB72-F7F73ED681EC.jpeg
Last edited by derekdeals on Jan 29th, 2020 6:13 pm, edited 8 times in total.
387 replies
Sep 27, 2013
424 posts
520 upvotes
Is it one time 1000 minutes or per month? That would be too hot ..!!
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2007
29332 posts
10713 upvotes
Hamilton
coolzack wrote: Is it one time 1000 minutes or per month? That would be too hot ..!!
Monthly
hated on but respected.
Jan 26, 2015
22 posts
191 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
coolzack wrote: Is it one time 1000 minutes or per month? That would be too hot ..!!
Monthly AFAIK.
Nov 30, 2013
956 posts
1318 upvotes
Funny. I tried to see if we can add and found out we already has it. Only limited countries thought.
Deal Expert
Nov 2, 2003
17118 posts
3872 upvotes
GTA
new and existing customers eh?
so I can stack this on top of my 1000 HK China Taiwan minutes?
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2010
4024 posts
2374 upvotes
Ottawa
derekdeals wrote: Monthly AFAIK.
wait what? monthly 1000 minutes to HK or China? for free??? what???
Sep 27, 2013
424 posts
520 upvotes
No luck with first tier rep now on hold to get supervisor !!
She said offer is expired and it was only in-store ??
Jan 26, 2015
22 posts
191 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
coolzack wrote: No luck with first tier rep now on hold to get supervisor !!
She said offer is expired and it was only in-store ??
Can’t be as I just spoke with a retention today 4 hours ago and he was able to find the code. YMMV in terms of how lazy the rep is imo.

I did recall the retention guy said it expired initially until I told him to research further. Then he was able to find it.

So possibly multiple different codes/sources?
Last edited by derekdeals on Jan 27th, 2020 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jan 2, 2005
98 posts
14 upvotes
Just got this today at a Koodo retail store. 1000 mins/month.
Jan 12, 2018
64 posts
253 upvotes
Scheduled callback then found out I already have the free addon in my plan. 8-)

Check if you alreadyvhave it before you call.

Thanks for sharing anyway.
Dec 26, 2004
817 posts
492 upvotes
Mississauga
Thanks OP.
Added to my 3 lines with Koodo
Sep 27, 2013
424 posts
520 upvotes
Supervisor able to apply to account..
Thanks OP
Deal Fanatic
Mar 21, 2010
5924 posts
7346 upvotes
Two family members that activated this month recieved this on their new accounts. It was on the second page of the contract, didn't even notice it until we got home.
Be a nice person and enjoy life

My feedback: Heatware Redflagdeals
Deal Addict
Jul 31, 2015
1881 posts
1823 upvotes
Maple leafs
Wonder if telus will match?
Nov 17, 2014
606 posts
447 upvotes
Toronto, ON
This free addon has been there for a long time.. Very useful for me...
Similar addon is also there with Virgin mobile and to the same group of countries...
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2019
2812 posts
3878 upvotes
timbertick wrote: This free addon has been there for a long time.. Very useful for me...
Similar addon is also there with Virgin mobile and to the same group of countries...
Well thank you for sharing before. :facepalm:
Sep 6, 2009
704 posts
310 upvotes
Thanks OP. Just had a scheduled callback and got it added to my account.
Nov 2, 2018
580 posts
871 upvotes
Doesn't include United States... That would've been nice.
Deal Guru
Sep 13, 2007
11105 posts
6746 upvotes
Toronto
techackz wrote: Doesn't include United States... That would've been nice.
Beggars cant be choosers...

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)