• Nov 14th, 2017 1:31 pm
Deal Fanatic
Feb 5, 2006
5613 posts
495 upvotes
Toronto
althetrainer wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 12:41 pm
So this free unlock policy will be applied to all devices including tablets?
How about hubs for "wireless" home phone service?
Jul 13, 2008
4 posts
I have a sealed in box iphone se. i am also using kodoo network. can i unlock it without opening the box?
Oct 14, 2009
334 posts
39 upvotes
9613019 wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 12:16 pm
Most likely, NO. At least this is what I have learned from CRTC. I think it is YMMV depending on the carrier.
Curious if one active account can unlock multiple devices?

I don't think the device is tied up on the plan, so not sure if this is possible.
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
2057 posts
606 upvotes
Toronto
Inno wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 12:46 pm
How about hubs for "wireless" home phone service?
I talked to Koodo before. They said they cannot unlock it, whether it is free or not.
Zoomer Wireless, Koodo Wireless & Home phone, Fido Tablet Plan + Knowroaming sticker
Carry Tel 25M Fiber
Feb 9, 2016
8 posts
5 upvotes
I just spoke with Koodo rep, and they said that they're shipping all Iphone 8, 8 plus, and Xs unlocked, so if you bought one of these from Koodo you don't need to unlock it.
Dec 25, 2009
340 posts
60 upvotes
Hey question for you all

I have an iphone SE that i want unlocked, but I'm on koodo's QC plan and I live in AB. Is there anyway to request unlock without calling them in? I'm just scared that if i call in, they'll force me to change my plan.
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
2057 posts
606 upvotes
Toronto
mikehaan wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 12:53 pm
I just spoke with Koodo rep, and they said that they're shipping all Iphone 8, 8 plus, and Xs unlocked, so if you bought one of these from Koodo you don't need to unlock it.
Many other models they sold come unlocked as well. They started doing this months ago. Some reported receiving unlocked iPhone SE from Koodo when they had deals.
Zoomer Wireless, Koodo Wireless & Home phone, Fido Tablet Plan + Knowroaming sticker
Carry Tel 25M Fiber
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2009
1896 posts
288 upvotes
I have a telus locked iPhone 7..
I was with telus and now with public mobile..

I had a friend who is with Koodo.. can he call to unlock mine..????
‎3 Apples that changed the world: the one that Eve ate, the one that fell on Newton's head and the one that Steve Jobs built.
R.I.P Steve jobs...!!
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
2057 posts
606 upvotes
Toronto
wadokai wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 12:57 pm
Hey question for you all

I have an iphone SE that i want unlocked, but I'm on koodo's QC plan and I live in AB. Is there anyway to request unlock without calling them in? I'm just scared that if i call in, they'll force me to change my plan.
Wait to see whether they will provide it under self serve.
Carry Tel 25M Fiber
Deal Fanatic
Feb 5, 2006
5613 posts
495 upvotes
Toronto
9613019 wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 12:50 pm
I talked to Koodo before. They said they cannot unlock it, whether it is free or not.
A guy at a Koodo kiosk unlocked mine temporarily to test it with a different SIM card when I was having problems with it, so it is possible. They just choose not to do it.
Jul 30, 2011
22 posts
10 upvotes
RICHMOND HILL
6060842 wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 12:43 pm
Rogers seems determined to charge until until this date.
Rogers unlocked my for free last week. I think I just got lucky with a nice rep.
Jan 11, 2009
370 posts
292 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
densil_lopez wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 12:59 pm
I have a telus locked iPhone 7..
I was with telus and now with public mobile..

I had a friend who is with Koodo.. can he call to unlock mine..????

since iPhone unlocking is a little different, actually done on the server/itunes end and not by code input I read online that apple will actually push an update/patch that will unlock all Canadian registered iPhones via an update, no need to call in. Could be a rumour, but actually makes a lot of sense since iphone requests are always processed by apple directly.
Mar 5, 2007
832 posts
378 upvotes
wadokai wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 12:57 pm
Hey question for you all

You're in Alberta this week for business and was wondering if I could get it unlocked... I doubt they'll ask where you're living?
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
2057 posts
606 upvotes
Toronto
Inno wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 1:00 pm
A guy at a Koodo kiosk unlocked mine temporarily to test it with a different SIM card when I was having problems with it, so it is possible. They just choose not to do it.
It can be unlocked through eBay, so it is doable for sure.

In your situation, they did not need to unlock it to use another Koodo SIM card, unless they wanted to try a Bell/Rogers sim card.
Carry Tel 25M Fiber
Dec 23, 2015
116 posts
71 upvotes
riggs123 wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 1:07 pm
Rogers unlocked my for free last week. I think I just got lucky with a nice rep.
How did you do it? Did you say you were going on vacation?