Expired Hot Deals

[Koodo] Google Pixel 2 XL, $0 on tab M, $120 up front on tab S, $360 device cost. New and existing

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 23rd, 2019 2:04 pm
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
16337 posts
6295 upvotes
Oakville
htauthority wrote:
Apr 5th, 2019 1:21 pm
On various sites for the 2 XL it says guaranteed updates for 3 years. Is it 3 years from release or 3 years from when you purchased it? Did not look into the nitty gritty, yet. Thanks for posting. At minimum as per your chart looks like minimum support is not THIS Oct but next. More is good either way :)
Yeah, the best source is always directly from Google (which was the one that I linked). Guaranteed updates with Pixel phones are dated from release, not purchase.
trellaine201 wrote:
Apr 5th, 2019 1:22 pm
Any reason when I try to purchase this as a current customer it shows as $390 plus $15x24 upon checkout?
It's a glitch in their system. If you add it to the cart, it should correctly show $0 due now.
Lucky Koodo $40/6GB (with $15/10GB add-on) recipient
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2006
1594 posts
493 upvotes
BC
trellaine201 wrote:
Apr 5th, 2019 1:22 pm
Any reason when I try to purchase this as a current customer it shows as $390 plus $15x24 upon checkout?
The deal expired on the 2nd and this thread should be marked expired. The worst part of RFD are these deals remaining open days and weeks past expiry. Feels like I'm the only one that reports expired deals.
Koodo: $40/5GB Unlimited Canada wide calling
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2007
3554 posts
971 upvotes
QC
Timbo420 wrote:
Apr 5th, 2019 6:33 pm
The deal expired on the 2nd and this thread should be marked expired. The worst part of RFD are these deals remaining open days and weeks past expiry. Feels like I'm the only one that reports expired deals.
It was still on this afternoon
[OP]
Aug 23, 2015
703 posts
625 upvotes
Been watching and nothing has expired, still shows Tab medium and Tab small, at least on this end.
Public Mobile $23 plan, $10 credits ongoing
Koodo $29 plan with Google Pixel 2 XL, $50 credits ongoing
EBox $42, group buy $2 off
Thanks to RFD
Nov 25, 2018
25 posts
12 upvotes
Timbo420 wrote:
Still available for me
Long time lurker, essential phone 😎
Jan 18, 2017
201 posts
135 upvotes
Timbo420 wrote:
I just got the deal today. I think you jumped the gun on your comments this time.

I think the mods are pretty good at moving threads to expired deals.

RFd members are also pretty good at commenting dead deal.

It’s ok to be wrong.
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2012
2820 posts
614 upvotes
Toronto
Timbo420 wrote:
Lol same.
¯\_(・_・)_/¯
This line is heavy..
[OP]
Aug 23, 2015
703 posts
625 upvotes
Just got everything set-up. Wow, Viper4Android makes a huge difference in optimizing the 2 XL's stereo speakers. Lovely. Worth rooting the phone just to get this alone. Forget the no ads via Adaway and the Youtube Vanced app trumping the regular Youtube app.

Decided to use the "Bootleggers" ROM on XDA. Everything great so far and do not see anything but. "Now playing" works nicely on the lock/home screen. Active edge, nice. Pretty slick let me tell you :)
Thanks to RFD
Jan 18, 2017
201 posts
135 upvotes
I love the passion you have for this phone and android Op

You were part of the reason I went for this deal
[OP]
Aug 23, 2015
703 posts
625 upvotes
250strong wrote:
Apr 5th, 2019 11:08 pm
I love the passion you have for this phone and android Op

You were part of the reason I went for this deal
Different strokes for different folks :)

Most I would imagine will want to keep things stock. For OTA updates, you push one button to update and you're done. All your apps and settings remain intact. Flashing takes a bit more time but can customize more... and usually squeeze a little more out of the phone.

For those that want to keep it stock, you can install "blockada" or "Adclear" from XDA to block ads without root, "Youtube Vanced" is also now available without root. Highly recommended to replace the standard Youtube app. Viper4Android, need root for this one however.
Thanks to RFD
Dec 23, 2010
19 posts
6 upvotes
Calgary
No gift card at Wal-Mart in Calgary today (Friday). Even had the rep double check his system.
Disappointed But Relieved Face
Deal Addict
Dec 1, 2012
1302 posts
773 upvotes
Lake Simcoe
Great phone. I've had one since last year's BB L-tab price match @WM.

Just a heads up on this phone. It doesn't cast (screen share) to tv unless you have a Chromecast unit. -- Due to this, I refuse to replace/upgrade the wife's G6 which casts perfectly. I know this may not be an issue for most, but it is an issue for some.
Dec 12, 2008
53 posts
4 upvotes
No luck on the GC at the Orleans Walmart either.
[OP]
Aug 23, 2015
703 posts
625 upvotes
Ok so no $100 GC, couple posters earlier this week got lucky (it appears)

Deal still ongoing, checked again to make sure. If you are not seeing the same prices as in the OP, not sure what's up but try a different browser, clear cookies, etc. Add the phone to cart to see if the price changes to what it should be. If not you can arrange a call back from Koodo to place the order by phone.

The 2 XL isn't going to be everyone's first choice, the P20 PRO, see is on Tab extra large now even after the P30 has been released. What a joke. Was eying both these phones, glad I got the 2 XL since Huawei locks their phones down tight.
Thanks to RFD
Jan 18, 2017
201 posts
135 upvotes
Just a quick question:

Do I start getting charged my monthly plan on the day of delivery? Or the day that I activate the sim?

What if I don’t activate the sim?