Expired Hot Deals

[Koodo] Google Pixel 2 XL, $0 on tab M, $120 up front on tab S, $360 device cost. New and existing

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 23rd, 2019 2:04 pm
Sep 21, 2016
68 posts
18 upvotes
htauthority wrote:
Apr 11th, 2019 1:21 pm
Thank you, will look at the reviews. Most of the tempered glass ones do have some adhesive on the sides for this particular phone. Either the adhesive does not last or since there is nothing on the entire flat surface of the screen it is prone to getting air bubbles. If it looks weird in sunlight or at any point it defeats the purpose also. Do want something to protect the screen, there just so many downsides to the glass protectors for this phone.

Thanks Koodo, for raising the price of plans yet again, those wanting this or another phone see post #4. If Koodo can't work with us, there are other options, simple as that.
Well, Clearplex is a film, not glass (it's also why it can look funny in sunlight- if something hits it or it hits something hard enough, it leaves a dent in the surface of the film, and it'll reflect strangely in the sun), and when applied, the adhesive covers the whole screen, not just the sides, thus no bubbles.
Sep 10, 2009
54 posts
24 upvotes
Toronto
Just checked and my order status finally changed to approved (so it has taken about 4.5 business days):
"Your order has been processed and will ship soon. Once shipped, a confirmation with tracking information will be emailed to you."

Just got my Bell SIM yesterday and my case (https://www.amazon.com/Spigen-Rugged-Go ... B07475TXJQ) will be arriving next Thursday.
May 26, 2015
8 posts
4 upvotes
Chateauguay, QC
So would the Pixel 2 XL be a worthwhile upgrade from an LG G5? I have billing credit of $150 over 6 months showing on my account so it bring the total to $210 which makes it interesting.
Jan 18, 2017
190 posts
133 upvotes
Ordered last Friday. Kept checking every day.

Today finally changed to “approved” status.

Still waiting for my bell sim to show up via eBay.

Can not wait to get this process over with.
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2008
2290 posts
67 upvotes
Toronto
If both S/M tab for the phone comes out to $360 (I only want the phone), would it be better to sign up under the M tab to pay less in the end with the 1-2 days service charge?

Sorry, new to this and trying to understand.
Eat, Sleep & Breathe RFD!! :twisted:
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2007
8566 posts
2794 upvotes
Toronto
asdisme wrote:
Apr 13th, 2019 2:13 am
If both S/M tab for the phone comes out to $360 (I only want the phone), would it be better to sign up under the M tab to pay less in the end with the 1-2 days service charge?

Sorry, new to this and trying to understand.
Yes if you qualify for it.
Koodo $40/8GB
Jun 30, 2016
85 posts
115 upvotes
The worst thing about Koodo upping their prices is that my existing plan is no longer eligible for Tab Medium. I am on the Public Mobile to Koodo promo plan of 8gb for $40 and I can only get Tab Small now. I have had Tab Medium for the last year and churned a few times.
Deal Addict
May 7, 2007
1733 posts
727 upvotes
Fredericton
DizzyYak wrote:
Apr 13th, 2019 7:13 am
The worst thing about Koodo upping their prices is that my existing plan is no longer eligible for Tab Medium. I am on the Public Mobile to Koodo promo plan of 8gb for $40 and I can only get Tab Small now. I have had Tab Medium for the last year and churned a few times.
Yeah and the current min $55 plan is crap too.
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2009
1713 posts
1737 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
DizzyYak wrote:
Apr 13th, 2019 7:13 am
Yeah, and with small tab now being $45, sooner or later we won't be eligible for that either, the same way our plan ($40/8GB) was once an exception when medium tab was $45.

I got my wife the P20 for $72 ($3 small tab x 24mths) when Koodo had that system glitch, but now I'm thinking of getting her 2XL for $120/small before Koodo decides to turn off small tab for us as well.
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2008
2290 posts
67 upvotes
Toronto
McLaren__F1 wrote:
Apr 13th, 2019 6:31 am
Yes if you qualify for it.
Thanks! When you say qualify for it, you mean through credit check?
Eat, Sleep & Breathe RFD!! :twisted:
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2009
1713 posts
1737 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
asdisme wrote:
Apr 13th, 2019 8:13 am
Thanks! When you say qualify for it, you mean through credit check?
No, qualify as in your monthly price plan is minimum $55 pre-addons to qualify for medium tab.
Aug 12, 2015
145 posts
57 upvotes
Concord, ON
Seems like my $35 migration plan won't qualify small tab soon with the new pricing. Snatched some good phones while I could, will be looking at ebay deals for future purchases.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2003
15030 posts
2081 upvotes
Toronto
napolifrancesco wrote:
Apr 13th, 2019 10:34 am
Sorry, can you explain the bell sim part?
People are activating a prepaid Bell account with $0 down and porting out from Koodo to Bell to cancel the account without calling in to cancel.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 3, 2006
8129 posts
3206 upvotes
Markham
victor158128 wrote:
Apr 13th, 2019 9:17 am
Seems like my $35 migration plan won't qualify small tab soon with the new pricing. Snatched some good phones while I could, will be looking at ebay deals for future purchases.
Similar happened with my 40/6GB, it's not medium eligible anymore online. I read somewhere they said to call in and they will put a note and you can still take a tab.