Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Koodo

Google Pixel 2 XL, $0 on tab M, $120 up front on tab S, $360 device cost. New and existing

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 23rd, 2019 2:04 pm
Dec 4, 2010
535 posts
269 upvotes
Montreal
S8 is the same price as 2XL. Which one is better?
Jun 30, 2016
250 posts
654 upvotes
Vancouver
amirghanbariir wrote: I got my phone today- pretty sweet so far!
Is the package supposed to include details about the Koodo contract? I didn't get an account number or phone number so I'm guessing I'll have to put the SIM card in to find out what the number is before I can port it. Also, is there any reason to set up a self serve account? I'm assuming they will just send a paper bill eventually after I port out the number.

Thanks Electric Light Bulb
They will/should have already emailed you your contract containing your phone number. If you're porting out, no reason to setup self-serve. Also, calling in to cancel doesn't take very long at all and you don't have to make up an elaborate story, just tell them you wanted the phone. They don't care. I've done it many times.
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
21329 posts
10938 upvotes
Oakville
htauthority wrote: Sorry, my confusion. Since you are cancelling and know to port out, that's the easiest way. No need to call. After you port they will mail you your final bill. No need to create a self serve account just for that. You can but there is no need.
There is a very good chance they will not mail you a final bill. They'll say they will, but then they won't, and they'll send you to collections. This has happened to many people. That's why I always recommend still creating a self serve account.
DizzyYak wrote: They will/should have already emailed you your contract containing your phone number. If you're porting out, no reason to setup self-serve. Also, calling in to cancel doesn't take very long at all and you don't have to make up an elaborate story, just tell them you wanted the phone. They don't care. I've done it many times.
They seem to be slow slow in emailing out the contracts right now. I'm guessing they're swamped with RFDers ordering this phone :P
Deal Addict
Aug 23, 2015
1103 posts
1179 upvotes
Good info, thank you. Or be sure to call in, seems members have to anyways since the SIM does not come provisioned with a new account, which seems silly to me. Just in case they take their time or do not send a bill, members should know what to do to get it cancelled either way.
Public Mobile $13 plan
Thanks to RFD
Jan 18, 2017
398 posts
308 upvotes
I just ported out to my Bell prepaid SIM card this morning. It was quite easy. Done in less than 5 mins.

I had to call in yesterday when I received my phone to activate my SIM card and get my account number and phone number. Phone number required to port, account number required to set up Koodo self serve. You can still access it for 90 days after cancellation to see my final bill after I ported out. Did not want to risk it going to collections.

I guess I could’ve tried to cancel at the same time as activation but it felt a little weird to do that. The rep kept saying I had to wait 90 days. And I did want to learn and try the porting out method since I already ordered the bell sim.

Updated the software to the latest update. Wifey is super happy with this phone compared to her garbage Samsung s5 haha

Thank you OP and others for your continued guidance and reviews.

RFD has saved me hundreds If not thousands on new current phones (Fido winback iPhone X for $0 and this Koodo pixel 2 xl for $360)
Last edited by 250strong on Apr 16th, 2019 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jan 18, 2017
398 posts
308 upvotes
geedome wrote: You might be right. How long do you think after ordering will it take to receive the phone?
I ordered April 5 and received my phone April 15thz
Deal Addict
May 7, 2007
2987 posts
2368 upvotes
Fredericton
250strong wrote:
RFD has saved me hundreds If not thousands on new current phones (Fido winback iPhone X for $0 and this Koodo pixel 2 xl for $360)
No $70 P20 on that list? What a beauty that was.
Jan 18, 2017
398 posts
308 upvotes
smuPoker wrote: No $70 P20 on that list? What a beauty that was.
It all depends on when you got winback call. Mine was back in October when most were getting $500 hardware credits.

Also depends what you looking for also. I am happy with my iPhone X 256gb for $0. I ended up keeping the same plan as before with extra 3gb of data. Total 13 gb for $60.
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
21329 posts
10938 upvotes
Oakville
htauthority wrote: Good info, thank you. Or be sure to call in, seems members have to anyways since the SIM does not come provisioned with a new account, which seems silly to me. Just in case they take their time or do not send a bill, members should know what to do to get it cancelled either way.
No, SIMs do get provisioned for new customers, it's just that occasionally they get delayed in doing the provisioning (shipping happens separate from provisioning, and provisioning falls behind sometimes). People are reporting to get their sims activated now in some of the other threads :) But for the impatient, you can just call in to get it activated too.

Honestly, we need a standard FAQ for Koodo phone deals that gets plonked into the thread summary, because every Koodo deal thread inevitably turns into hundreds of posts from people asking how it works, despite these deals showing up like once a month for the last 3 years+
Jan 18, 2017
398 posts
308 upvotes
wearysky wrote: No, SIMs do get provisioned for new customers, it's just that occasionally they get delayed in doing the provisioning (shipping happens separate from provisioning, and provisioning falls behind sometimes). People are reporting to get their sims activated now in some of the other threads :) But for the impatient, you can just call in to get it activated too.

Honestly, we need a standard FAQ for Koodo phone deals that gets plonked into the thread summary, because every Koodo deal thread inevitably turns into hundreds of posts from people asking how it works, despite these deals showing up like once a month for the last 3 years+
So true. And yet even if there was one, there’s always going to be someone who won’t bother reading it and ask how to cancel with Koodo. Happens every time.
Deal Fanatic
May 11, 2009
8554 posts
5570 upvotes
Trudostan
Sahara888 wrote: S8 is the same price as 2XL. Which one is better?
Depends on you - pixel 2 XL takes better photos, gets updates, runs clean android, and has a slightly larger battery.
S8 has a better looking screen, has FM radio and a headphone jack. Hardware feels more premium in hand, but the software bloat from samsung brings it down

The Pixel 2 XL screen isn't bad by itself, but compared side to side in store the S8, S9, and Pixel 3 screens were much better looking to me. The screen has a blue tint that's obvious at certain angles
SAMSUNG SUCKS! NO SSD WARRANTY IN CANADA > https://forums.redflagdeals.com/has-any ... d-2098075/
Deal Addict
Aug 23, 2015
1103 posts
1179 upvotes
wearysky wrote: No, SIMs do get provisioned for new customers, it's just that occasionally they get delayed in doing the provisioning (shipping happens separate from provisioning, and provisioning falls behind sometimes). People are reporting to get their sims activated now in some of the other threads :) But for the impatient, you can just call in to get it activated too.

FAQ would be nice but member reports and what Koodo does or does not do is so confusing. Or what they are suppose to do. Or how Koodo changes things on the fly.

Not sure why the "delay" in provisioning the SIM or how long it "can" take. Some customers receive it provisioned, some not. Some get the phone in the mail quick, some a bit later. Sometimes Koodo mails a bill ASAP, sometimes it's later, sometimes not at all. What happens for one member, the opposite happens for the next. We know we can cancel right away, reps will tell you you need to wait 90 days, etc , etc. Some members have good/grandfathered plans that they do not want to lose, same for those with migration plans. Then those want to buy and cancel since the current plans are garbage. So many different scenarios.

Would be difficult to write an FAQ without writing a book :) Great insight. Have bought and cancelled once in 2017. Not much experience.
Public Mobile $13 plan
Thanks to RFD
Feb 21, 2014
17 posts
1 upvote
wearysky wrote: Honestly, we need a standard FAQ for Koodo phone deals that gets plonked into the thread summary, because every Koodo deal thread inevitably turns into hundreds of posts from people asking how it works, despite these deals showing up like once a month for the last 3 years+
Yes! even a standard cut and paste Koodo FAQ that could be added to the initial post would be super useful. It's daunting to come to a thread late and have to sort through over 20 pages of people ranting about the CDN cellphone oligopoly etc to find all those details.

I've been hunting on ebay and seems like there are lots of (mostly American) Pixel2XL's for cheap (like a couple hundred less than CL or Kijiij) but the CL and Kijij listings seem to be significantly higher with a few cheaper outliers... are people actually getting $400-$500 for a used Pixel2XL? currently running IOS and I'd really like to try out the android experience, just want to make sure I could sell without losing much or any on the experiment. When I was shopping for iphones it seemed like the price was more uniform across the board. I gather there is a lot less demand for the pixel2XL vs iphone equivalent especially where I live outside of a major centre.

Also, what is google's 2 year warranty like? I noticed a lot of phones out there with screen burn and a few with faulty charging ports....
Deal Addict
Aug 23, 2015
1103 posts
1179 upvotes
lowenheim wrote: Yes! even a standard cut and paste Koodo FAQ that could be added to the initial post would be super useful. It's daunting to come to a thread late and have to sort through over 20 pages of people ranting about the CDN cellphone oligopoly etc to find all those details.

I've been hunting on ebay and seems like there are lots of (mostly American) Pixel2XL's for cheap (like a couple hundred less than CL or Kijiij) but the CL and Kijij listings seem to be significantly higher with a few cheaper outliers... are people actually getting $400-$500 for a used Pixel2XL? currently running IOS and I'd really like to try out the android experience, just want to make sure I could sell without losing much or any on the experiment. When I was shopping for iphones it seemed like the price was more uniform across the board. I gather there is a lot less demand for the pixel2XL vs iphone equivalent especially where I live outside of a major centre.

Also, what is google's 2 year warranty like? I noticed a lot of phones out there with screen burn and a few with faulty charging ports....
Tough to do, since you would need an FAQ for every scenario.

Looked at the issues as well, the newer units (that we have) are less problematic. No use having a 2 year warranty if you constantly need to send it in for RMA. Reliability much better, software improved. Sometimes the phone hardware do not mix well with the software until you get it right.
Public Mobile $13 plan
Thanks to RFD
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
21329 posts
10938 upvotes
Oakville
htauthority wrote: Tough to do, since you would need an FAQ for every scenario.
Most Koodo deal threads have a comment core to them. I've been following these deals for 3-4 years, and there are common questions asked over and over and over again in every Koodo phone deal thread, that have the same answer every time. Here's just a few off the top of my head:

- What is the exact process, end to end, to get the deal? (Only variations here are if there's gift cards, trade ins, etc)
- Do I have to give back the sign up gift/bonus gift card/whatever? (only applicable in cases where those things actually are included, obvs)
- Aren't there cancellation fees?
- I was told I have to say 90 days! That makes this deal a ripoff!
- Don't they claw back the activation fee if I cancel early?
- How do I cancel? What's the best way?
- When do I cancel?
- How long does it take for orders to ship?
- What method do they use to ship?
- When does billing start?
- Can I do this with [non-Koodo carrier X]? They have better prices!

And those are just ones off the top of my head. Lol.
Sep 10, 2009
213 posts
283 upvotes
Toronto
Looks like the deal is now dead. They seem to have pulled the phone from their site
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
21329 posts
10938 upvotes
Oakville
beermike wrote: Looks like the deal is now dead. They seem to have pulled the phone from their site
Guess they finally ran out of stock. Anybody that ordered in the last day or two may end up getting a cancellation.
May 16, 2010
576 posts
402 upvotes
Vancouver
i ordered mine a couple days ago and it already shipped from Calgary.
Deal Fanatic
May 19, 2005
5042 posts
2739 upvotes
Earth
My status got moved to approved. What are the chances I won’ t get one because they’re now out of stock?
Some people just don't get that online forum posts shouldn't always be taken seriously.

$99 10GB/month Can/US/Mexico, 1000 minutes, free evenings and weekend