Expired Hot Deals

[Koodo] Google Pixel 2 XL, $0 on tab M, $120 up front on tab S, $360 device cost. New and existing

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 23rd, 2019 2:04 pm
May 28, 2004
524 posts
214 upvotes
I'm having trouble with the cancelling process.

First time I called, couldn't cancel because the web store was closed. Was told I'll get a call back the next day and didn't.

Tried calling and holding the next day but gave up.

Call back today. Rep kept giving me the final bill price for the full cost of the phone, insisting that he checked w the web store and they confirmed the cost.

Any advice? Should I call back? Port out? Is there any possibility the rep I spoke to flagged my account so I would owe the full amount?
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
16117 posts
6175 upvotes
Oakville
Jonavin wrote:
Apr 17th, 2019 9:26 pm
My status got moved to approved. What are the chances I won’ t get one because they’re now out of stock?
I'm not sure what their fulfillment process is - maybe they only move it to approved once they're sure they have stock to fulfill the order? I can't recall from previous deals if people with approved orders ended up getting cancelled because of no stock or not.
napasah wrote:
Apr 18th, 2019 9:52 am
I'm having trouble with the cancelling process.

First time I called, couldn't cancel because the web store was closed. Was told I'll get a call back the next day and didn't.

Tried calling and holding the next day but gave up.

Call back today. Rep kept giving me the final bill price for the full cost of the phone, insisting that he checked w the web store and they confirmed the cost.

Any advice? Should I call back? Port out? Is there any possibility the rep I spoke to flagged my account so I would owe the full amount?
Why couldn't you cancel because the web store was closed? Once the phone is shipped to you, unless you're returning it, the web store no longer has any involvement. It's clear that the rep you talked to didn't know WTF he was talking about, because the web store has zero involvement with any of the cancellation process.
Lucky Koodo $40/6GB (with $15/10GB add-on) recipient
May 28, 2004
524 posts
214 upvotes
Update: Called again. This time transferred to calcellations and waited on hold about 25 minutes. Rep easy to deal with and immediately received cancellation email. Final bill expected mid-May.

Thanks to everyone who posted helpful info in this thread.

I'm not sure why the other two reps involved web store, but that's who they both referenced. I never mentioned them or asked them to check.
Sep 23, 2006
443 posts
468 upvotes
Decided to pick this up on Tab small. Was able to keep my $48 plan, so why not. It took them a week between placing an order and shipping it out. Ended up installing Pixel 3 camera app, which gives more options than 2, including Top Shot. Will not root, as there is no point really. So far, happy with this phone. Thanks OP and everyone else.
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
16117 posts
6175 upvotes
Oakville
cvrle1 wrote:
Apr 18th, 2019 5:01 pm
Ended up installing Pixel 3 camera app, which gives more options than 2, including Top Shot. Will not root, as there is no point really. So far, happy with this phone. Thanks OP and everyone else.
Where did you grab the Pixel 3 camera app from? I never got around to it, but top shot would be neat to try out. I saw a version linked from XDA back in November, but I assume there's a more recent version available?
Sep 23, 2006
443 posts
468 upvotes
wearysky wrote:
Apr 18th, 2019 5:33 pm
Where did you grab the Pixel 3 camera app from? I never got around to it, but top shot would be neat to try out. I saw a version linked from XDA back in November, but I assume there's a more recent version available?
Downloaded from here: https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/andr ... -cstark27/
Latest is V11.

Even thought I didnt have issues, I followed these steps:

"got it working again. here's how. download v10.1, set it up to your liking, fire some shots using hdr+ and hdr+ enhanced, portrait and night mode. close the app (swipe from recents) install v11 on top then launch it using the "Open" button after installing. set it up, clear on recents. relaunch then clear its data."

And I followed this to get Top Shot to work, although I didnt need to download Google Photos (Daydream) in step 1. Newer version work as well
https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpo ... tcount=726
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
16117 posts
6175 upvotes
Oakville
kazin wrote:
Apr 22nd, 2019 5:51 pm
Any similar deals to this?
Not at the moment. Next big promo will probably be around Mother's day or Victoria day.
Dec 12, 2010
221 posts
37 upvotes
Vancouver
wearysky wrote:
Apr 23rd, 2019 8:45 am
Not at the moment. Next big promo will probably be around Mother's day or Victoria day.
Thanks. Maybe they'll discount the Pixel 3 given the release of the new mid-level Pixel? I believe Google also leaked/announced the Pixel 4 for October-ish.
Aug 16, 2017
924 posts
220 upvotes
Toronto
so after a few days in review, koodo just cancelled my order of the pixel 2 xl saying out of stock....

what the.... :(
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
16117 posts
6175 upvotes
Oakville
DimsumDeals wrote:
Apr 23rd, 2019 1:17 pm
so after a few days in review, koodo just cancelled my order of the pixel 2 xl saying out of stock....

what the.... :(
Yeah, they don't have real time stock tracking on their website. The web store isn't NEARLY that sophisticated. They only take it off the site after they've already run out of stock, so there's almost always X number of orders that get taken after stock runs out.
kazin wrote:
Apr 23rd, 2019 11:12 am
Thanks. Maybe they'll discount the Pixel 3 given the release of the new mid-level Pixel? I believe Google also leaked/announced the Pixel 4 for October-ish.
I'd say with the release of the mid-level one, it's *less* likely for the regular one to go on sale in the near future. It would be foolish to do so - why would you buy the mid-level one if the flagship is only a little bit more, after all? They want to create a big price separation there. Having said that, Google just did a big 50% off sale on the Pixel 3 yesterday in the US (but that was to try to get people signing up for Google Fi).
Aug 16, 2017
924 posts
220 upvotes
Toronto
wearysky wrote:
Apr 23rd, 2019 1:22 pm
Yeah, they don't have real time stock tracking on their website. The web store isn't NEARLY that sophisticated. They only take it off the site after they've already run out of stock, so there's almost always X number of orders that get taken after stock runs out.
yeah, sucks, now i have to shop for a phone again i thought i got a great deal already :(
Dec 12, 2010
221 posts
37 upvotes
Vancouver
wearysky wrote:
Apr 23rd, 2019 1:22 pm
I'd say with the release of the mid-level one, it's *less* likely for the regular one to go on sale in the near future. It would be foolish to do so - why would you buy the mid-level one if the flagship is only a little bit more, after all? They want to create a big price separation there. Having said that, Google just did a big 50% off sale on the Pixel 3 yesterday in the US (but that was to try to get people signing up for Google Fi).
Yeah that's true. Sigh...my fiance recently had her phone stolen and we're waiting for a deal on a Pixel. I have the Pixel 1 (got it via Koodo 2 years ago) and it's been amazing. She's convinced and wants to switch to one. This Pixel 2 deal would've been great, but a little too late for it.
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
16117 posts
6175 upvotes
Oakville
kazin wrote:
Apr 23rd, 2019 1:32 pm
Yeah that's true. Sigh...my fiance recently had her phone stolen and we're waiting for a deal on a Pixel. I have the Pixel 1 (got it via Koodo 2 years ago) and it's been amazing. She's convinced and wants to switch to one. This Pixel 2 deal would've been great, but a little too late for it.
I stand corrected - Google's offering $250 off the Pixel 3 right now (google-com-pixel-3-3xl-250-off-google-2280416). Not a spectacular deal, but not terrible if you're looking for a phone right now.
Dec 12, 2010
221 posts
37 upvotes
Vancouver
wearysky wrote:
Apr 23rd, 2019 1:58 pm
I stand corrected - Google's offering $250 off the Pixel 3 right now (google-com-pixel-3-3xl-250-off-google-2280416). Not a spectacular deal, but not terrible if you're looking for a phone right now.
I saw that. Comes out to just over $800 all-in for a base model. I think she'll have to bide her time with her old, damaged screen S4 until the 3a (or whatever) is released and go from there. A few weeks ain't awful.