Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Koodo

Google Pixel 2 XL (450$ activation credit)

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 6th, 2018 10:58 am
Deal Addict
Sep 1, 2007
2909 posts
2565 upvotes
Surrey
Wasp14 wrote: I did it this way since I have the 10GB for $60 plan on my main line. Got the Pixel 2 XL, cancelled the new line immediately. Just waiting to pay off the rest of the tab when it shows in the account. I don't think I'm entitled to the bill credit though.
Bill credit should be deducted from your tab payout
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2013
2149 posts
1868 upvotes
ffonly wrote: Bill credit should be deducted from your tab payout
Really? That'd be great. If it's not I'll have to call in and have them check. Thanks for the information.
Deal Addict
Sep 1, 2007
2909 posts
2565 upvotes
Surrey
mike1232 wrote: cannot add my same plan.. im on the quebec plan unfortunately... whats my best option here? get a koodo sim under current account (so i can use my 200 bill credit offer on the account) then get the new phone on that plan? then cancel?
That’s odd. I added it to my $49 Quebec plan and was able to order while choosing my same plan again. What’s even more weird is I bought a total of 4 phones on my same plan/number within a week with full activation credits and the bonus $50 bill credit each time. Just agreed to pay off the tab at the end of the month each time
Jul 3, 2017
19 posts
5 upvotes
blyndfyre wrote: I did a deal similar to this from Wow Mobile almost a month ago now for the Pixel 2 XL. I can say there is definitely a difference in blue shift between display panels. I went through three phones in two days as the first two both had dead pixels (ironic I know).

The first phone didn't have too bad of blue shift, I could have lived with it and certainly would have got used to it.
The second phone had awful blue shift, and if it didn't have dead pixels I would have returned it anyways.
The third phone is great, thankfully, as I was about to give up if it wasn't. No dead pixels and the blue shift is very minor, actually only marginally more than the Galaxy Note 5 I was replacing. Now after a month I don't even notice it.

I should also mention that Wow Mobile was really good in handling the exchanges. No problems, they just did it. And lastly, this device is amazing! Battery life is phenomenal, especially with a dark/black substratum theme.
Glad stuck with original pixel. Was debating on upgrading.. but after using it at bestbuy I can't seem to use LGs Pixel ..
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2008
3161 posts
3308 upvotes
Hi guys,

I posted in another forum with this question, but no responses.. maybe I'll just ask here directly.

Basically, I tried the pixel 2 / 2xl camera at the store and found that it poorly processes people's faces. It's the opposite of the beautifying mode (ugly mode?) where it enhances all the blemishes on the face.

Tried it on my 3 month old baby and the shadows of the dry flakes near the scalp were enhanced and looked like acne. It also took away the redness from the cheeks and made her look like a zombie.

I tried to tweak the settings (tried multiple demos at different stores for better lighting) and they all have the same problem.

The only time where I can see the dry flakes is when I pixel peep on my D800. (for those who don't know, it's just a very high resolution camera).

I really want to buy it at this price given the raving reviews -- is there a way to configure the defaults in the camera app?
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2008
1459 posts
629 upvotes
Canada
slimysnot wrote:
I really want to buy it at this price given the raving reviews -- is there a way to configure the defaults in the camera app?
No such settings in the Google camera app, but other apps available may have extra settings you need. Try Open Camera or Gcam mod if you want raw, but don't expect D800 quality. If you do, forget phone cameras. They're just for convenience and eye candy, not quality.
Nov 26, 2015
624 posts
137 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I have ordered pixel 2 xl from the koodo..Will arrive tomorrow but want to know what should I check before start using it as my daily driver? I saw so many reviews about blue tint but how to check it when u have only one pixel 2 xl with you? what are the other concerns should I be aware of? I dont want future problems All I need is to check the phone before start using it otherwise I ll return it as we have 15 days return policy
Jul 29, 2013
300 posts
185 upvotes
Toronto
  • You don't need another phone to compare. If you don't see the blue tint when you hold it on a angle then it shouldn't bug you.
  • Check the build date because it seems devices produced after Dec 15 (I think) have less issues
  • Unless you know a psychic, it is quite difficult to know if the device will give you issues in the future. Google support will always be there to assist and you have 1 year manu warranty
Nov 26, 2015
624 posts
137 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Clocksmith25 wrote:
  • You don't need another phone to compare. If you don't see the blue tint when you hold it on a angle then it shouldn't bug you.
  • Check the build date because it seems devices produced after Dec 15 (I think) have less issues
  • Unless you know a psychic, it is quite difficult to know if the device will give you issues in the future. Google support will always be there to assist and you have 1 year manu warranty
Thats helpful
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2010
7725 posts
5238 upvotes
Canada
Warranty is actually 2 years
Banned
Jan 11, 2016
446 posts
325 upvotes
Made in Canada
Just did this last night. Went in at 4pm to pick up the 64gb Pixel 2 XL from WOW Mobile. Recycled an old broken phone to receive a $50 credit.

Total was $491.55 after the trade in on a small tab (they put the $50 credit on the device before taxes)
$470.00 (upfront)
$15.00 (sim)
-$50.00 (recycle credit)
Total incl. Ontario Tax: $491.55

Called into Koodo at 7:30pm to cancel my plan. Told them I was just looking to receive the phone at a reduced price. They said that's fine and proceeded the cancelation. Should receive a bill in the mail by the end of the month for $240.00 + $35.00/31 days (plus tax)

All in all. It should be the following after taxes for the Google Pixel 2 XL 64gb with recycling a phone:

$491.55 (In store)
$272.48 (Final bill)
Total: $764.03 (After taxes and fees)
Jul 3, 2017
19 posts
5 upvotes
Stay away from Pixel 2 XL. Get Pixel 2 instead which uses Samsung panel. It's same camera just smaller varient and better screen imho.
Dec 30, 2008
175 posts
236 upvotes
Mississauga
slimysnot wrote: Hi guys,

I posted in another forum with this question, but no responses.. maybe I'll just ask here directly.

Basically, I tried the pixel 2 / 2xl camera at the store and found that it poorly processes people's faces. It's the opposite of the beautifying mode (ugly mode?) where it enhances all the blemishes on the face.

Tried it on my 3 month old baby and the shadows of the dry flakes near the scalp were enhanced and looked like acne. It also took away the redness from the cheeks and made her look like a zombie.

I tried to tweak the settings (tried multiple demos at different stores for better lighting) and they all have the same problem.

The only time where I can see the dry flakes is when I pixel peep on my D800. (for those who don't know, it's just a very high resolution camera).

You are being very annoying. Please post your question to google forums.
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2016
1832 posts
1223 upvotes
slimysnot wrote: Hi guys,

buy Samsung s8 or s9,which is much better phone in terms of design, features, and camera
Deal Addict
Jun 28, 2017
2089 posts
1562 upvotes
S8+ is $200 at Wow Mobile on Koodo, plus $100 prepaid credit card. So $100 less than the Pixel 2 XL.
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2017
2308 posts
2726 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
mandana0 wrote: BTW guys, are we ok if we signup for this on a small tab and cancel once activated? will Koodo reps give me a hard time when cancelling? what do you think I shoul use for an excuse?
Port your number out. Don't even have to talk to Koodo.
Mar 26, 2018
4 posts
thelegend27 wrote: Stay away from Pixel 2 XL. Get Pixel 2 instead which uses Samsung panel. It's same camera just smaller varient and better screen imho.
Can I ask why? I recently got the Pixel 2 XL and it has been nothing but perfect
Jan 3, 2013
504 posts
282 upvotes
Raincouver
shayanaijaz wrote: Can I ask why? I recently got the Pixel 2 XL and it has been nothing but perfect
I have the Pixel 2 and I got a Pixel 2 XL for my Father as it has a larger screen (he will be 80 in June so I am just happy he can even friggin figure out how to use a Pixel 2 XL Astonished Face ). Both are great phones.

I think the reason @thelegend27 said stay away from the Pixel 2 XL is because of the blue tint often seen when viewed at an angle. My father doesn't notice it and I can see it when viewed on an angle but it wouldn't bother me and doesn't bother him.

If the blue tint isn't an issue for you with the Pixel 2 XL it is a great phone. If the blue tint when viewed at an angle drives you crazy it isn't the phone for you so don't buy it. Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Koodo $35/month 5 gigs
Fido Tablet plan $15/month Free for a year
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.
Apr 24, 2013
579 posts
288 upvotes
Toronto
What is the cancellation process if I get a gift card as well, with let's say Best Buy (for example with another phone). Will I be able to cancel just as easily and keep the gift card?
I got Fido and Public Mobile. [removed solicitation] ????