• Oct 14th, 2017 3:53 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2006
2081 posts
840 upvotes
Muskoka

[Koodo] HomePhone $5/month for 1st year + $50 upfront costs

Once again Koodo is offering their HomePhone package for $5 month. You need to purchase hardware and SIM for $50. You also need to supply your own POTS phone (not a cell phone) This time it is available online (free shipping) as well as in-store.

Basically this is designed to replace your landline phone or add a cheap landline to your cottage or something similar. If you disconnect the feed from Bell coming into your house, you can 'back feed' this unit into your existing house wiring to 'light up' all of the jacks in your house. I have been using the Rogers version for years now. Very good quality.

You get unlimited Cda wide calling. You can call US and oversea based on various international rates.

I don't know if you can get a referral for this plan - currently at $25 I believe

There is no posted expiry date that I can see but typically these offers last for about a month. EDIT - ends July 11

Last edited by spotts01 on Jun 26th, 2017 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
128 replies
Deal Fanatic
Feb 5, 2006
5572 posts
486 upvotes
Toronto
Been on this for a year now. Very good service, never down and voice very clear. Have it hooked up to all my house phone Jacks, so all our old handsets work on all different floors.

Total steal with free Canada-wide calling which I don't get on my Public Mobile cell phone.
Feb 5, 2015
90 posts
86 upvotes
Toronto
Inno wrote:
Jun 26th, 2017 10:23 am
Been on this for a year now. Very good service, never down and voice very clear. Have it hooked up to all my house phone Jacks, so all our old handsets work on all different floors.

Total steal with free Canada-wide calling which I don't get on my Public Mobile cell phone.
How much does it cost per min for USA calls
Deal Addict
Dec 21, 2011
3174 posts
562 upvotes
London
Yep we love it too, had it since fall I think and it's great.
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2014
1045 posts
691 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Had it since fall.

Works great after initial problem with answering machine (built into cordless phone system) but getting Koodo voicemail turned off solved that problem.

Was able to get referral credit from a mobile account referral but am not able to refer anyone else (home phone doesn't qualify according to reps).

Wondering what to do after my 12 months of $5/mo promo ends.
GRAMMAR: The difference between "Feeling you're nuts." and "Feeling your nuts."

and "Help your uncle Jack, off that horse."

Dump the downvote system: upvotes-downvotes-2070965/#p27573558
May 2, 2008
33 posts
6 upvotes
Toronto, Canada
PCAvalon wrote:
Jun 26th, 2017 10:27 am
Can you send and receive faxes on this?
Most likely no, since is cellular based.
Aug 16, 2009
684 posts
59 upvotes
Toronto
Excellent service. Similar to another poster, not sure what to do after $5/month promo ends.... though it'll still be cheaper than what we were paying for with Bell landline.
May 2, 2008
33 posts
6 upvotes
Toronto, Canada
This time the website does no say anything about this being a 1 year promo.
Does anyone know what would be the monthly cost after 1 year ?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2006
2081 posts
840 upvotes
Muskoka
The previous splash page spoke to it being only 12 month for $5. The regular price for this is $20/month

You cannot do fax

International Long Distance Prices
https://www.koodomobile.com/help/long-distance-calling

Basically for US
$10/month unlimited
or $3/month + 5 cents/minute
or 50 cents/minute with no extra plan add on
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2007
1838 posts
409 upvotes
Gatineau
I would consider this but I don't want to deal with the 12 months later lol.
---
TIL that having your twitter/steam information as a signature is self promotion now lol.
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2007
2807 posts
659 upvotes
QC
Im using the service too since December I believe. Promo at the time was 10$/mo but no end time specified which is still the case for this promo.

Where does it says that it's 12 months only?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2006
2081 posts
840 upvotes
Muskoka
jfmartel wrote:
Jun 26th, 2017 12:09 pm
Im using the service too since December I believe. Promo at the time was 10$/mo but no end time specified which is still the case for this promo.

Where does it says that it's 12 months only?
If you go to the main home page of Koodo, there are 3 advertised promos going on now, scroll to the right - this is the last one, and that's where it shows $5 for 12 months.
https://www.koodomobile.com/
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2012
2462 posts
1727 upvotes
Toronto
Love their service! wish it remained $5 for life lol
Jan 29, 2009
189 posts
28 upvotes
Saint-Jean-Sur-Riche…
can i takje the deal if im a existing customer or it for new customers only?