[Koodo] HomePhone $5/month for 1st year + $50 upfront costs

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 14th, 2017 3:53 pm
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2008
5199 posts
726 upvotes
Mont-Royal
Is the 50$ upfront refundable, I meean the hardware?
"Every marathon you run, your heart scars and you will die faster. If you think running a marathon is fitness, then you know NOTHING ABOUT HEALTH & FITNESS."
- Training 101
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2008
2555 posts
674 upvotes
Halifax
L4cky wrote:
Jul 8th, 2017 8:37 pm
Is the 50$ upfront refundable, I meean the hardware?
No. You own the box
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2006
3118 posts
418 upvotes
Not so easy there Ma…
cho it up wrote:
Jul 8th, 2017 8:56 am
apologies if it's been answered already - mobile and out of the country! trying to figure out if this is good alternative for my parents (on bell w/ phone/internet but the bundle price is ridiculous)

- can you port number from Bell over with this deal - cost associated with it?
- have a vtech set but i think Bell modified the phone lines- would this still work? (seems like it's voip only ports now.. i could be wrong... whatever they needed to do to get Fibe working

Thank you!!
A Bell number should port over without issue.

Pretty much any plug in phone should work with the wireless adapter.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2008
5199 posts
726 upvotes
Mont-Royal
bridonca wrote:
Jul 9th, 2017 2:47 am
No. You own the box
plan to leave after 1 year cuz it's 20$, so i wonder if i can just rent the hardware
"Every marathon you run, your heart scars and you will die faster. If you think running a marathon is fitness, then you know NOTHING ABOUT HEALTH & FITNESS."
- Training 101
Deal Addict
May 3, 2008
4383 posts
234 upvotes
I know it's easy to port a number from Rogers or Bell to this but what about porting a number from this to another carrier including Rogers or Bell or a VOIP after 12 months?

Also, extra charge for CallerID?
It takes an ocean not to break
Feb 14, 2008
355 posts
10 upvotes
I have had two line that works on cellphone, and one of them accidentally charge data when I forgot to shut off data on that phone, and it was since last year so I have been using that for quite a while...
Mar 24, 2013
17 posts
8 upvotes
Ask the Store for Referral credit and you will get $50.00 in 60-90 days Pays for 10 months
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2008
2555 posts
674 upvotes
Halifax
small_potato wrote:
Aug 7th, 2017 10:12 pm
For those who have used it on cellphone, does SMS work?
I would guess if it was used, you would be flagged for loss of service. Koodo locks the SIM cards, so it is not like you can accidentally put the SIM card in another phone, and plead ignorance. You would have had to put a lot of effort in to making it work on another phone. I can confirm though that the Koodo home phone SIM can work with another Koodo home phone box, so if the box dies, a replacement is not hard to do.
May 2, 2008
33 posts
6 upvotes
Toronto, Canada
bridonca wrote:
Aug 8th, 2017 11:44 am
I can confirm though that the Koodo home phone SIM can work with another Koodo home phone box, so if the box dies, a replacement is not hard to do.
Do you have to call them when switching boxes and give them the new IMEI ?
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2008
2555 posts
674 upvotes
Halifax
xoy74 wrote:
Aug 8th, 2017 12:49 pm
Do you have to call them when switching boxes and give them the new IMEI ?
Nope. Koodo was being a twit about extending my old phone home account to $5 a month for another year. I never had any intention of paying $20. So I got myself another Koodo home phone account with a new box. Did not want to open up the new box, so I used the old one with the new SIM card and am going to cancel the old SIM soon. I tried porting from Koodo to Koodo, but I cannot do that directly. Likely would have to port to another carrier, then back to Koodo.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2006
2081 posts
840 upvotes
Muskoka
you can port to Koodo Prepaid, then back. It will cost $20 though
Mar 15, 2007
36 posts
3 upvotes
Toronto
May be cheaper to port to VoIP. Ms ($10usd) and back
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2006
2081 posts
840 upvotes
Muskoka
BTW, this is back on until Aug 18
Oct 15, 2012
100 posts
23 upvotes
Sudbury
I signed up early May this year ($20.00/mth.) and then promo came out--any idea if I can drop the $20.00/mth. (ie cancel home phone) and jump on promo for 12 months? I also have mobile cell with Koodo. Thanks for comments

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)