Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Koodo

Hot! EVEN BETTER OFFER NOW, LINK IN POST

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 25th, 2018 2:04 pm
Nov 28, 2008
783 posts
80 upvotes
YMM/YEG
justasomeone wrote: damn dude.. 8-9 days and still no shipping email. I think that's the longest I heard of yet lol
I am kinda glad that I didn't get it soon. As I got the message for newer and better offer that everyone is so hyped about.
I went to the store and grabbed it since I didn't want to leave it hanging like this deal here.
Proud RFDer
PSN: ShaniSPG
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2014
2460 posts
2941 upvotes
Laputa
justasomeone wrote: damn dude.. 8-9 days and still no shipping email. I think that's the longest I heard of yet lol
got sim card yesterday and just received my activation emails today.

Thx OP! Bought 10 😂
Nov 28, 2008
783 posts
80 upvotes
YMM/YEG
I picked up sim card on Monday from Canada Post. Seems that they missed delivery on Friday. I still haven't received shipping email or any email after that.
I already got the new sim and $40/8GB plan from Wow mobile. Don't know what to do with this.
Proud RFDer
PSN: ShaniSPG
Deal Addict
Sep 1, 2007
2909 posts
2565 upvotes
Surrey
shani_d_best wrote: I picked up sim card on Monday from Canada Post. Seems that they missed delivery on Friday. I still haven't received shipping email or any email after that.
I already got the new sim and $40/8GB plan from Wow mobile. Don't know what to do with this.
same with me. just picked up sim from canada post today. no shipping mail either. still waiting for activation email too
Aug 14, 2010
735 posts
1340 upvotes
Ottawa
So I ordered the SIM Card August 23; and I just received it today (August 30).

My email has the $45 8GB plan on it and I called in to activate since the website wouldn't let me; and the person on the other end said the promo expired Aug 21.

How can that be when I ordered it Aug 23 and I have the plan in the email on the same date?

She told me there was nothing she could do and that was it.

Isn't this false advertising?

Edit: I just filed a complaint with the CCTS with a copy of my email. Let's see what happens.
Last edited by Guest2029393933 on Aug 30th, 2018 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
He/Him
Public Mobile: $45/20GB
Trans Women are Women
Deal Addict
Apr 17, 2016
2836 posts
2775 upvotes
Ottawa
sdg wrote: So I ordered the SIM Card August 23; and I just received it today (August 30).

My email has the $45 8GB plan on it and I called in to activate since the website wouldn't let me; and the person on the other end said the promo expired Aug 21.

How can that be when I ordered it Aug 23 and I have the plan in the email on the same date?

Any chance you can get on the current offer for $35/5GB or $40/8GB? If so, could be a blessing in disguise...
I am a current Public Mobile customer and Koodo customer.
Jun 30, 2013
676 posts
266 upvotes
GTA
sdg wrote: So I ordered the SIM Card August 23; and I just received it today (August 30).

Edit: I just filed a complaint with the CCTS with a copy of my email. Let's see what happens.

Any Response from CCTS?
I only response to real deals, otherwise I am blank
Self Referral Tips for Koodo - Click here...
Edited by the RFD Moderation Team due to the 4 line limit
Jun 10, 2004
623 posts
1289 upvotes
Toronto
BengaliPrince wrote: Called Koodo and had the line activated and ported. Everything was a breeze but the self serve is causing problems. After I register I try to login and it says my account is linked to another email address, so I call Koodo, they delete my account and I register again and same issue.

Guy on the phone was stumped, called his Manager, manager also stumped. They said to wait 24-48 hours to see if the system fixes it's self lol.
Same issue, I am on day 2 trying to have this resolved.

-Callahan-
Aug 14, 2010
735 posts
1340 upvotes
Ottawa
Got a response from CCTS; an email.

They said Koodo would have to contact me within 15 days.

Koodo emailed me this a few days ago after the CCTS complaint:

"Hello Xxxx,

Thank you for sending us your complaint. We will be more than happy to assist you with this inquiry. We have attempted to call you twice, however, you were unavailable.

We have noticed that the plan you were inquiring about is currently on your plan. If there are any further issues, please advise us and we will be more than happy to help.

You may call my number: xxx-xxx-xxxx if you wish to speak directly. My name is Xxxx, and I will be handling your case.

Regards,"

I tried to log into the account to see what was going on but as usual the website is terrible and I can't log in.

So I called the number and spoke to the guy and it was his personal cell number he gave me and he was at home and we couldn't get this resolved.

We agreed that I would try to call back during the day (I work in a restaurant Monday to Friday sometimes Saturdays too so my breaks are up in the air.

Then I get an email from Koodo saying my plan is activated; yet I never activated the plan ( they told me I couldn't get it anymore so how did they activate it without my permission?)

So now I'm being charged somehow and I can't log in to my account to port my number or check my usage or anything.

So I called today to Koodo and I waited over an hour and I hung up.

Then I emailed the guy from the email this:

"I was on hold with Koodo for over an hour last night so I hung up.

I can't log in to the account see attached pic.

I never activated the plan I was told I couldn't and now I'm told the plan is active and I guess I'm being charged yet I never activated the plan.

I'm still on Public Mobile.

I haven't used the Koodo SIM since I was told I couldn't activate the plan.

If I've been being charged this whole time while i cannot access the account online I demand a refund or I will file another complaint and/or take legal action."

Waiting to hear back.
He/Him
Public Mobile: $45/20GB
Trans Women are Women
Jan 3, 2013
504 posts
282 upvotes
Raincouver
BengaliPrince wrote: Called Koodo and had the line activated and ported. Everything was a breeze but the self serve is causing problems. After I register I try to login and it says my account is linked to another email address, so I call Koodo, they delete my account and I register again and same issue.

Guy on the phone was stumped, called his Manager, manager also stumped. They said to wait 24-48 hours to see if the system fixes it's self lol.

Anyways, don't really care since the service works and CC is on auto-pay. I'll try again in a few days.

I've used Koodo for over 2 years in the past so I know how everything works, this is just super strange.
My account also said it was linked to another email. However if I use Chrome with the incognito mode I was able to log in.
Koodo $35/month 5 gigs
Fido Tablet plan $15/month Free for a year
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.
Sep 19, 2011
68 posts
4 upvotes
SCARBOROUGH
I know this thread is pretty much dead. but was wondering. Is anyones outstanding balance still blank ? It is already a new billing cycle and still have no balance.
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
21330 posts
10938 upvotes
Oakville
vincel892 wrote: I know this thread is pretty much dead. but was wondering. Is anyones outstanding balance still blank ? It is already a new billing cycle and still have no balance.
Balance doesn't show up till your first bill is created, if memory serves, and that's not for a couple days after the new billing cycle starts.