• Sep 15th, 2018 12:30 am
Deal Addict
Mar 3, 2012
2408 posts
906 upvotes
Mississauga
darkcloud8282 wrote:
Aug 18th, 2018 9:49 pm
I'm having issues porting from koodo postpaid to the new koodo prepaid account I made today. When I select Change number in the prepaid self serve, it says I need to contact Koodo. Did you port over using self serve or with the agent?
Try again with a different browser
I love RFD! :)

Model 3 reservation holder
Apr 30, 2017
19 posts
4 upvotes
I apologize if this has been answered before, but I couldn't find it in the recent pages

There's 3 days left for the promo. If I start the process now and order the SIM card - it looks like it'll take a while for it to come - will I still be eligible for the plan after Aug 21st when my SIM comes? Just switched to PM a few weeks ago and been debating on attempting this but 8GB for $45 is really good.

edit: how often does KOODO have this migration plans? I might skip this one and wait it out for the next one since I still have credits on my PM account
Deal Addict
Mar 23, 2003
3122 posts
345 upvotes
Hamilton
wonderwhy wrote:
Aug 18th, 2018 7:52 pm
I would suggest to wait for a day to port out and back, porting from Koodo damage $30, porting from PM $10 to $20, if you can get free Sim Card from the PROMO going,then $10 damage from PM
did it with koodo prepaid in under 30 min. (both ways)
ported out to prepaid with agent at kiosk.
Ported back in with self serve since agent said their system won't let them for 14 days.
Was 20 + some tax, I believe the breakdown was:
$10 sim at Koodo kiosk if I activate a plan there.
$15 unlim messaging plan
-$5 bonus activation credit.
------------------------------------------
total cost $20 bux pre tax.
Last edited by sidshock on Aug 18th, 2018 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Feb 7, 2008
790 posts
201 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
sidshock wrote:
Aug 18th, 2018 11:04 pm
Ported back in with self serve since agent said their system won't let them for 14 days.
$15 unlim messaging plan
$20 bux pre tax.
I wonder if I can port from Koodo to pm and back to Koodo in the same day. Planned on porting out to pm tomorrow's through the Walmart promo.
Jun 11, 2018
10 posts
8 upvotes
I just renewed my bill cycle with PM for another 3 months until November. Has anyone had any luck being credited after migrating to Koodo? Or, is my only alternative to eat the costs of having my plan renewed?
Deal Addict
Mar 23, 2003
3122 posts
345 upvotes
Hamilton
l2iceman wrote:
Aug 18th, 2018 11:28 pm
I wonder if I can port from Koodo to pm and back to Koodo in the same day. Planned on porting out to pm tomorrow's through the Walmart promo.
I believe people said give it a day after you port into PM before you go back to your new Koodo post paid.
It's only one day, play it safe.
Oct 5, 2012
68 posts
20 upvotes
Edmonton
sidshock wrote:
Aug 18th, 2018 11:04 pm
$15 unlim messaging plan
$20 bux pre tax.
Good to know - I can handle paying $20 to activate this and glad they can port the number I care about to prepaid over at the kiosk. I'm assuming you don't need to wait long to port it back over to the $45/8GB plan later?
Jun 21, 2012
46 posts
17 upvotes
Toronto
l2iceman wrote:
Aug 18th, 2018 11:28 pm
I did my port in less than 10 minutes lol. I did everything on my own through self-serve brought my koodo postpaid to prepaid like a minute after got an email from koodo saying they're sad for me leaving. After that I accessed my prepaid account and my number is there. Checked self-serve on the new postpaid account for the $45 8gb promo if I can do port and it was eligible. Literally took me less than 10 minutes did not expect it to be this way at first.
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2012
2306 posts
550 upvotes
Toronto
exaflare1132 wrote:
Aug 19th, 2018 12:01 am
I did my port in less than 10 minutes lol. I did everything on my own through self-serve brought my koodo postpaid to prepaid like a minute after got an email from koodo saying they're sad for me leaving. After that I accessed my prepaid account and my number is there. Checked self-serve on the new postpaid account for the $45 8gb promo if I can do port and it was eligible. Literally took me less than 10 minutes did not expect it to be this way at first.
So you changed your monthly koodo account to a prepaid account in order to transfer the number to the other koodo account with 45/8GB?

Or did you have a 3rd koodo SIM card for prepaid?
Deal Addict
Mar 23, 2003
3122 posts
345 upvotes
Hamilton
klatch wrote:
Aug 18th, 2018 11:48 pm
Good to know - I can handle paying $20 to activate this and glad they can port the number I care about to prepaid over at the kiosk. I'm assuming you don't need to wait long to port it back over to the $45/8GB plan later?
Nope.
I did it 10 min after.
Never even put the prepaid in the phone or logged to prepaid self serve. Walked away from kiosk. Connected to WiFi. Ported in with Koodo selfserve postpaid.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 14, 2006
8712 posts
518 upvotes
Vaughan
Having trouble porting out my current Koodo postpaid to my prepaid SIM as well. It gets stuck at " Please wait while your activation is being processed. "
Jun 21, 2012
46 posts
17 upvotes
Toronto
ashihtaka wrote:
Aug 19th, 2018 12:05 am
So you changed your monthly koodo account to a prepaid account in order to transfer the number to the other koodo account with 45/8GB?

Or did you have a 3rd koodo SIM card for prepaid?
Yes, you need to purchase a Koodo Prepaid Sim Card. You got to make sure that it's prepaid cause I tried a normal multi-sim and it did not work when I did it through self-serve. If you do not want to go through the hassle just got to a store and have them do it for you, some stores won't bother helping you though since they don't make that much commission in activating prepaid but you can get lucky and a rep will do it for you. Essentially, you're just gonna be parking your number on that prepaid account then porting back to the $45 8gb when it's ready and able. I was thinking of leaving it for an hour to ensure there was no issues but I wanted to see what was gonna happen if I do it in such a short time regardless of the inherent risk of me losing my number lol.

Hope this helps.
Mar 20, 2008
785 posts
111 upvotes
guys.. faced a strange error.. tried to port out number from public mobile to Koodo and my public account got closed but number was not ported to koodo. It is now saying my number is not in service. what are my options here.. tried calling koodo customer care but they are closed now..
Jun 1, 2016
576 posts
383 upvotes
nirajshah7 wrote:
Aug 19th, 2018 12:57 am
guys.. faced a strange error.. tried to port out number from public mobile to Koodo and my public account got closed but number was not ported to koodo. It is now saying my number is not in service. what are my options here.. tried calling koodo customer care but they are closed now..
Wait and call Koodo, it does resolve usually but this situation sometimes happens
Having trouble setting up the Koodo $49 6gb plan yourself? DON'T PAY THE KIJIJI GUYS, I'll help you for FREE
Jul 27, 2017
61 posts
23 upvotes
I got this plan but when I log in and try to add a new line it allows me to select only small\medium tab. Does this mean I am eligible for only small\medium tab and not large\extra large tab ?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)