Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Koodo

*Hot* Google Pixel 2 for $0 on Tab Large with Koodo

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 27th, 2018 1:57 pm
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2013
2924 posts
1908 upvotes
Moon
anyone activate this on wow mobile instead to get extra trade in bonus for accessories?

edit: cant seem to find the pixel 2 on their website... maybe they dont carry it? wow... (pun insteaded ahah)
Koodo, Public Mobile, Lucky Mobile Customer
Jul 4, 2007
554 posts
562 upvotes
Pickering, Ontario
nexxx777 wrote: For those that got the deal and $100 BB gc, you can purchase a prepaid MasterCard or Visa giftcard from BB. You will just take a hit on the ~$6 activation fee.
Do know if this is actually possible? I know that some retailers do not allow you to use their giftcards to purchase other gift cards.

Can anyone confirm?
Deal Guru
Jul 5, 2001
10104 posts
12725 upvotes
Toronto
facebook259 wrote: OK. I agree, for the savings, this seems like a hot deal. But I'm not quite sure why people want this? Battery less than a full day. Not the biggest, not fastest. No sim card. No head phone jack. What is the attraction? Is it just a status thing, or is there something I'm missing that is really cool about this phone?
There is a sim card slot.
Nov 26, 2015
59 posts
8 upvotes
Halifax, NS
Thanks OP!

I got a 64 Gb pixel 2 just now, upgraded from a Samsung 3 :( . Opened a new line on my existing account.

Anyone have any advice for cancelling the line now? Is it easiest to do it via self-serve on the website, over the phone, or at a Koodo kiosk?

Thanks in advance.
Nov 22, 2012
37 posts
3 upvotes
SCARBOROUGH
rebellod wrote: Thanks OP!

I got a 64 Gb pixel 2 just now, upgraded from a Samsung 3 :( . Opened a new line on my existing account.

Anyone have any advice for cancelling the line now? Is it easiest to do it via self-serve on the website, over the phone, or at a Koodo kiosk?

Thanks in advance.
For me I opened a new line and new Koodo account on Black Friday, I tried calling in to cancel but was on hold for like an hour so I gave up. Went to 7/11 and bought a prepaid sim for like $10 to port out, don't know if you can do that since you still have an account.
Nov 16, 2017
15 posts
4 upvotes
kaiseki wrote: Funny how you say the 2XL is garbage, but you have an Essential Phone

It is funny . The worst reviewed phone and he's complaining about one that 30x better in its worst moments...lol
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2008
9291 posts
2352 upvotes
Mont-Royal
alicklee wrote: i work in the mobile repair field and own about 8 difference mobile phones atm. 3 on networks other are for testing and spares. essential has its problem which are minor compared to the lg issues that been plague for years . so I can safely say lg is garbage.
Honestly, you are right when you say hardware is garbage for 1150$. I ordered 2 pixels xl from Google store, and one has a pink tint screen, the other has a yellow tint. I never noticed until I turned both of them on and compare side by side.

Both also have:

1- Really low volume when on speaker phone calls??? (volume is very good when playing song or movies, only calls has low volume, why??) NO WAY YOU CAN HEARD ANYTHING WHEN DRIVIG AND ON SPEAKER PHONE.
2- One of them, the white edges isn't smooth, lookslike they forgot to polish it before final production?
3- Both screens shows some granny background, reminds me of the Galaxy Nexus! That was Samsung, but I never thought this will ever happen again in 2017!!

I bet we all experience these issues.

The speed however blows everything away, very fast. Almost no lag. Screen is pleasant to read, very large, less scrolling.

No phone is perfect. But what bothers us the most with Google phones are they have such high features while missing the basic features can't be handle correctly. Absolutely not worth it for 1150$+tx, but for this 600-700$ price range, it is acceptable expecially comparing to its pars. Iphone build quality is much better for the price, but I will never buy an iphone.

Every year when google builds its phone, there are always those problems. Very fustrating.

The worst is the next one will be in 330 days! If the trend follows, another basic features will be missed away.

The good news is if you call for warranty in the end of one day before year 2, maybe they will jsut replaced it for the pixel 4. Smiling Face With Open Mouth
"Every marathon you run, your heart scars and you will die faster. If you think running a marathon is fitness, then you know NOTHING ABOUT HEALTH & FITNESS."
- Training 101
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2008
9291 posts
2352 upvotes
Mont-Royal
martin88 wrote: I thought it uses the eSIM instead of the physical SIM, meaning you can't just swap out the SIM card.

See:
https://www.androidcentral.com/using-pr ... im-amazing
so did i!
"Every marathon you run, your heart scars and you will die faster. If you think running a marathon is fitness, then you know NOTHING ABOUT HEALTH & FITNESS."
- Training 101
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2008
9291 posts
2352 upvotes
Mont-Royal
same settings. see the yellow vs pink tint. both updated and have "boost".
- Training 101
Oct 14, 2010
626 posts
184 upvotes
L4cky wrote: same settings. see the yellow vs pink tint. both updated and have "boost".
Who's the girl though?
Dec 9, 2017
84 posts
31 upvotes
Even without the BB GC I think this is still super hot deal especially for those who just want to buy a high tier phone straight up without committing to a new contract because they want to keep their grandfathered plan. I've been looking to buy a pixel on discount since its first generation release and I am so glad I didn't cave in to buy one off craigslist (yes it's flooding with Pixel 2 ads now). Too much money to fork out with too much risk involved.
Deal Expert
Dec 1, 2003
21468 posts
4884 upvotes
YUL
alicklee wrote: Tempted to jump on this deal but pixel 2 is too small and I just got the essential phone. 2 xl is lg garbage so nope 2 xl
LOOOL. Sounds to me like you're trying to justify your Essential phone. I can't imagine any sane person choosing an Essential over a Pixel 2, especially at $0. :lol:
Banned
May 15, 2016
7020 posts
2490 upvotes
This deal will probably come back on boxing day.
Deal Addict
Jun 22, 2009
1174 posts
600 upvotes
Vancouver
najibs wrote: LOOOL. Sounds to me like you're trying to justify your Essential phone. I can't imagine any sane person choosing an Essential over a Pixel 2, especially at $0. :lol:
essential was a good deal. it's my secondary line anyway. not trying to justify it just got it and not going with lg and likely not the pixel 2 its smaller then i like
Sep 26, 2012
534 posts
297 upvotes
Thornhill
I know BB gift card is finished, and since yesterday most BB don't have these phones in stock in GTA. I wonder why not many mentioned to get this deal from a cellphone store like T-booth, WowMoblie, or the Koodo stand in the malls? These stores have both P2 and 2XL in stock in all kinds of color and size. Why purchase and Wait for the shipment from the official website?
Banned
May 15, 2016
7020 posts
2490 upvotes
What's the best flagsheep cell phone deal since bf aside from possible reliability issues? Imo it's

1. pixel 2 xl at 700
2. pixel 2 at 500
3. g6 at 300
4. s8 at 500
5. essential at 360
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2010
7725 posts
5238 upvotes
Canada
vivibaby wrote: What's the best flagsheep cell phone deal since bf aside from possible reliability issues? Imo it's

1. pixel 2 xl at 700
2. pixel 2 at 500
3. g6 at 300
4. s8 at 500
5. essential at 360
S8 > pixel but you can't really compare all these as the price difference is huge