Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Koodo

*Hot* Google Pixel 2 for $0 on Tab Large with Koodo

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 27th, 2018 1:57 pm
May 14, 2016
27 posts
15 upvotes
naveenn wrote: I order the pixel 2 XL Sunday evening and got the shipping info today. They did email yesterday since my billing info is ontario and I asked for an Alberta number.
Delivered today on a sunday
Deal Guru
Feb 14, 2006
10084 posts
1418 upvotes
naveenn wrote: Delivered today on a sunday
How did you do AB number with this?

I selected an Alberta number but I got an email saying that I needed to select another area code with the Ontario plan. Maybe I messed up somewhere.
Feb 1, 2015
82 posts
83 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Got the Pixel 2 yesterday in store. So far it's awesome, camera is great!

If I pay off the tab does that mean I can switch to the $60/10gb plan? How does that work?
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2012
2526 posts
1241 upvotes
Hamilton, Ontario
kool_buddy wrote: As I paid $507 (tax included) upfront I don't think there's another tab. However, I will have to pay $450 ECF (Early Cancellation Fee) of $450 if I cancel the plan I think.
Yeah. Why would you do that. If you want to pay $957 for the phone, why didn't you just buy the phone?
May 14, 2016
27 posts
15 upvotes
mcg wrote: How did you do AB number with this?

I selected an Alberta number but I got an email saying that I needed to select another area code with the Ontario plan. Maybe I messed up somewhere.
The same thing happened so I'm on an Ontario number. I think I read I could change the number after on self serve.
May 1, 2011
747 posts
477 upvotes
Toronto
On hold with Koodo for 4 hours today after getting transferred to the cancellation department. Of course they hang up on me.

What’s the easiest way to port a number?
Buy a 7/11 SIM card and port it over? Do I need to purchase a top up so the 7/11 account has money in it?

Thank you
Deal Expert
Mar 14, 2009
16761 posts
8093 upvotes
raptors909 wrote: On hold with Koodo for 4 hours today after getting transferred to the cancellation department. Of course they hang up on me.

Buy a 7/11 SIM card and port it over? Do I need to purchase a top up so the 7/11 account has money in it?

Thank you
Buy a Bell prepaid SIM card off Ebay. They are $1 with free shipping. Send a message to the seller asking for the SIM card number before they ship it to you. Then use that SIM card number to activate a prepaid line with Bell, and port out your Koodo number during that process. Otherwise you can just wait about a week for the SIM card to arrive.
Last edited by SickBeast on Dec 17th, 2017 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2015
2299 posts
2095 upvotes
Ontario
naveenn wrote: The same thing happened so I'm on an Ontario number. I think I read I could change the number after on self serve.
This happened to me as well for the Pixel 2. I did the same thing for the Pixel 1 and they automatically changed it to an ON number without that e-mail. I just changed it back to an AB number on self serve with no issues. Just watch out for your bill since they prorated both Ontario and Alberta service on mine.
Virgin Plus ($29/35GB BYOD)
Aug 14, 2014
949 posts
948 upvotes
raptors909 wrote: On hold with Koodo for 4 hours today after getting transferred to the cancellation department. Of course they hang up on me.

Thank you
Koodo is getting hammered with calls for the 10gb/60$ plan. Its over on the 19th so if you can wait 3 days it will be much easier to call in if you can wait
May 17, 2009
405 posts
53 upvotes
RichRFD wrote: This happened to me as well for the Pixel 2. I did the same thing for the Pixel 1 and they automatically changed it to an ON number without that e-mail. I just changed it back to an AB number on self serve with no issues. Just watch out for your bill since they prorated both Ontario and Alberta service on mine.
Are we still able to change the number to AB using self serve? Its only allowing me to change to another Ontario number. At the bottom of the page it says to call if moving out of province.
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2015
2299 posts
2095 upvotes
Ontario
zunairryk wrote: Are we still able to change the number to AB using self serve? Its only allowing me to change to another Ontario number. At the bottom of the page it says to call if moving out of province.
I did this back in July so maybe they fixed that? Can anyone else comment on this?
Virgin Plus ($29/35GB BYOD)
Deal Addict
Aug 20, 2010
2611 posts
405 upvotes
Toronto
Just bought the pixel 2 straight from google for $800 ( with a free home mini and $100 store credit) , as well as got the $60 plan from Koodo. Are people having a hard time cancelling the plan?
Deal Expert
Mar 14, 2009
16761 posts
8093 upvotes
fatal15 wrote: Just bought the pixel 2 straight from google for $800 ( with a free home mini and $100 store credit) , as well as got the $60 plan from Koodo. Are people having a hard time cancelling the plan?
It's a royal pain. You have to wait on hold twice and the hold times are really long. It's reached a point that people are buying prepaid SIM cards and just porting out instead.
Aug 2, 2015
6 posts
Scarborough, ON
can not see how to got $100 store credit on goole store. appreciate if you give more detail
Aug 14, 2014
949 posts
948 upvotes
FYI, I had a MB plan with $140 tab discount, ordered a Pixel 2 XL 64GB for 1160-596 activation=$564 total. $60 is up front $504 on tab, total after tax was $637. The loyalty rep then immediately changed my plan to the 10 gb/$60 plan. So I now have a $60 plan + Pixel 2 XL for $637 after tax. Crazy deal and so happy!!!

https://imgur.com/gGR3Mw7
Deal Expert
Dec 1, 2003
21468 posts
4884 upvotes
YUL
fatal15 wrote: Just bought the pixel 2 straight from google for $800 ( with a free home mini and $100 store credit) , as well as got the $60 plan from Koodo. Are people having a hard time cancelling the plan?
If you were planning on staying with koodo, why didn't you just buy it from Koodo? You still would have saved more money and gotten a better deal.
Nov 18, 2008
91 posts
26 upvotes
Hey, does anyone know how bill credits work? I'm an existing koodo customer and have an offer for $150 off my first bill if I upgrade to tab large. Wondering if the credit only applies to my monthly plan bill or if I can use it to pay off my tab
Deal Addict
May 23, 2003
2693 posts
677 upvotes
Toronto
najibs wrote: If you were planning on staying with koodo, why didn't you just buy it from Koodo? You still would have saved more money and gotten a better deal.
maybe he wants two years of google's best customer service, not koodo or anyones. If you phone is not from google, they will not touch your phone.
Dec 16, 2017
4 posts
So when you call to cancel is the only thing your being asked is the reason of canceling? Is their anything else you need to provide?
Oct 14, 2010
626 posts
184 upvotes
Esg876 wrote: FYI, I had a MB plan with $140 tab discount, ordered a Pixel 2 XL 64GB for 1160-596 activation=$564 total. $60 is up front $504 on tab, total after tax was $637. The loyalty rep then immediately changed my plan to the 10 gb/$60 plan. So I now have a $60 plan + Pixel 2 XL for $637 after tax. Crazy deal and so happy!!!

https://imgur.com/gGR3Mw7
Similar! Paid $800 for Pixel 2 XL 64gb a few days ago then signed up for $60/10Gb plan yesterday. Telus/Koodo/PM will have me as a customer for a long while haha.