Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Koodo

HUAWEI P30 lite Tab Medium

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 22nd, 2019 7:19 pm
Deal Addict
Mar 9, 2012
4104 posts
2980 upvotes
Kitchener
Just my few cents worth: Might be worthwhile to wait to see if the P30 Pro has a price drop. You'll still be hard pressed to find a better camera -- if that is what you're looking for.

Of course, a year or two from now, other companies should catch up -- and this assumes, of course, Huawei doesn't get banned everywhere. Competition is a good thing.
Why can't we all just get along?
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2003
4050 posts
1462 upvotes
GTA North
helphelp911 wrote: why buy this when you can get P30 PRO at cheaper price in few months
Except where would you get them ? None of the carriers would stock them and retail stores that taking a huge risk by carrying inventory that they might not sell.
Heatware 3-0
Homer Simpson - Marge, don't discourage the boy! Weaseling out of things is what separates us from animals - except for the weasel.
Deal Expert
Feb 13, 2012
16158 posts
5680 upvotes
VANCOUVER
tkl wrote: Except where would you get them ? None of the carriers would stock them and retail stores that taking a huge risk by carrying inventory that they might not sell.
That's a good point. If carriers can return unsold inventory to the manufacturer, I'm sure they'd rather do that, than host a fire sale.
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
13460 posts
12205 upvotes
Rogido wrote: That's a good point. If carriers can return unsold inventory to the manufacturer, I'm sure they'd rather do that, than host a fire sale.
When that happens, manufacturer will offer rebate to carriers so that the carriers can have a fire sale.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Public Mobile $34 15GB, $11 250MB, 2x $5 50min/50text, $0 FPL home phone,
Fido $5 4GB plan with a free tablet.
Deal Expert
Feb 13, 2012
16158 posts
5680 upvotes
VANCOUVER
embguy wrote: When that happens, manufacturer will offer rebate to carriers so that the carriers can have a fire sale.
Actually they can give the phones away to sucker people into committing to a contract.
Nov 13, 2009
786 posts
197 upvotes
Somewhere N of 49th …
Scorpionsy wrote: I know that my information request got lost in all the discussions...but can someone please help out with my inquiry above? Thank you!
According to Chatr , as long as the phone is unlocked, runs GSM 850/1900 or 3G, it should work...also Huawei.ca shows user manual for the MAR-LX1M model
Deal Fanatic
Jan 17, 2003
8993 posts
1532 upvotes
Newpunk wrote: This phone won't get Android updates which could prevent you from installing newer apps, more security vulnerabilities, etc. Although to be honest, when I had a Samsung phone I got maybe one major update in the 2 years I'd have it since they were so slow at updating anyways. Still, lots of little security fixes add up and I don't think that Huawei can push critical Android security updates through after this grace period is over.

what about Amazon and their use of Android? relating to Echo and Fire lines.
Jun 9, 2015
891 posts
974 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Is this phone worth $360 minus $150 gift card? Looking for a phone for my mom. Just need a decent camera phone that works with freedom.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2012
1175 posts
446 upvotes
Ottawa
It's really not any worse than the pixel 3a. Huawei cameras blows everything out of the water.
Jan 8, 2007
587 posts
249 upvotes
Edmonton
I picked one of these up for my Mother yesterday because she takes so many pictures (of her cats) and wanted a better camera than her older iPhone 6s.

I was impressed with it tbh. Great camera, smooth operation, but the speed of opening apps was.. delayed. Probably due to the weaker processor. I'd say this is a perfect device for someone that uses a smartphone like a smartphone and not a gaming device. As for updates and Google usage as some bring up, I'm not concerned with it because XDA exists. They find work arounds for everything, so they'll make sure those who have this device are safe. Also, who uses the Play store to install things? I'd much rather download the actual apk and install manually. Even for updates. It allows for more control and if there's a bad update, it's not automatically pushed to your device.

Thanks OP. I personally found it useful.
I got kicked out of Chapters because I moved all the Bibles to the fiction section.
Deal Guru
Sep 1, 2004
12900 posts
13102 upvotes
Webkikr wrote: Also, who uses the Play store to install things? I'd much rather download the actual apk and install manually. Even for updates. It allows for more control and if there's a bad update, it's not automatically pushed to your device.
I bet someone's Mom is going to learn sideload and her son is going to support that. lol.

The phone won't be useless in a computer professional's hands. But that's may be 5% of phone using public out there if I'm being generous.

Last I checked, none of the P30 lines bootloaders can be unlocked, so what you can do to them is limited.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
27157 posts
37133 upvotes
sherminator wrote: Bumping this thread as this is now $0 on Tab Small making it $240 and also includes a $50 bonus gift : https://www.koodomobile.com/phones/huawei-p30-lite
Prices are collapsing folks. So is my confidence in Huawei.

However if the price is right, this is a great burner phone.
I aim to be inclusive and considerate of others in my posts. If I fall short of that mark, feel free to let me know in good faith, and where appropriate, I'll edit my posts. Thank you.
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
13460 posts
12205 upvotes
redflagdealsguy wrote: Prices are collapsing folks. So is my confidence in Huawei.

However if the price is right, this is a great burner phone.
I am waiting for clearance sale $0 small tab with $250 to $300 GC around back to school or BF.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Public Mobile $34 15GB, $11 250MB, 2x $5 50min/50text, $0 FPL home phone,
Fido $5 4GB plan with a free tablet.
Banned
Nov 23, 2018
592 posts
516 upvotes
embguy wrote: I am waiting for clearance sale $0 small tab with $250 to $300 GC around back to school or BF.
I am waiting it to become free with any plan. Maybe Tab small for $1/month for 24 months. So $24 for this phone is reasonable I guess.
Jan 8, 2007
587 posts
249 upvotes
Edmonton
Xtrema wrote: I bet someone's Mom is going to learn sideload and her son is going to support that. lol.

The phone won't be useless in a computer professional's hands. But that's may be 5% of phone using public out there if I'm being generous.

Last I checked, none of the P30 lines bootloaders can be unlocked, so what you can do to them is limited.
My Mother's known how to sideload on her Fire Stick for years. There's nothing wrong with doing it. Once she called Amazon for technical support because I was unavailable, and they helped her sideload something. It's supported.

She also refuses to use an iPhone because of the lack of sideloading. The only thing she doesn't like doing is installing without asking me first. She asks if this update or that one is fine to install and I let her know. Some of the games she plays have put out updates that completely kill the game or like when Firefox deleted everyone's passwords (easy fix I know, but to some, why go through it?). One of the benefits of having someone technically sound in a family is everyone gets taught how to properly do things.

My Mother loves buying movies at garage sales for $1 and then has me rip them on to the media server I made for her. Kodi wasn't a natural install for the longest time, and it's what I've always used to manage my/hers media library. I just added a 4th 4TB drive to the system to hold all her movies. She also subscribes to channels like CBS, NBC.. because she hates commercials. She doesn't have regular TV services and consumes everything online (except her movies). She's also 65. If she can learn, anyone can.

These are great phones, but I do agree, if you don't know how to sideload, these phones aren't going to be great for you. If you're willing to learn a trick or two, they're fantastic.
I got kicked out of Chapters because I moved all the Bibles to the fiction section.
Jul 20, 2018
527 posts
475 upvotes
BRKAMZN wrote: I believe we just wait for a few weeks after the device is available. It will plunge in price and they will offer more incentives.
These Android phones goes down in price so fast, it will make your head spin.

I mean, I bought a Pixel 3 XL on pre-order. 1 week after launch, they decrease it by $250. That really stings lol. I barely got to use it for a week and it plunged in price.
Phones depreciate fast. Unless your rolling in dough it's a complete waste to pre-order phones.
Jan 30, 2006
89 posts
35 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks. Trying to get one, appears the minimum Tab Small Plans is $45/mth, not sure if i missed anything. already with telus, so will try to get a small tab just to get this phone only. thx if you guys have any idea
sherminator wrote: Bumping this thread as this is now $0 on Tab Small making it $240 and also includes a $50 bonus gift : https://www.koodomobile.com/phones/huawei-p30-lite
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2008
4018 posts
2517 upvotes
Halifax
etrex wrote: Thanks. Trying to get one, appears the minimum Tab Small Plans is $45/mth, not sure if i missed anything. already with telus, so will try to get a small tab just to get this phone only. thx if you guys have any idea
As soon as you get your phone, you pay it off and cancel. You might get pro rated for a day. If you have a spare Bell or flanker SIM, and you do not want to deal with Koodo customer service to cancel, port your number over to bell, and the account is automatically cancelled.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)